Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally.

Started by Ingwar, Nov 02, 2017, 10:49:37 PM

Author
Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally. (Read 104,898 times)

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 12, 2017, 02:19:44 AM
Hey, they read my story  ;D
I'd expect a battle but no war.
Really? Nice! Congratulations on, I'm guessing, the first to write a story on that concept, or at the very least, one of the first. Thumbs up.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Nov 12, 2017, 10:51:10 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 12, 2017, 02:19:44 AM
Hey, they read my story  ;D
I'd expect a battle but no war.
Really? Nice! Congratulations on, I'm guessing, the first to write a story on that concept, or at the very least, one of the first. Thumbs up.

Thanks. But it's more than possible the guy at the Covenant site got the idea too.

Scorpio

Quote from: reecebomb on Nov 12, 2017, 01:55:02 AM
I think you guys are terribly wrong. How about getting the Alien right for once (been decades, videogames don't count) before we start introducing new creatures, for the millionth times it's all in the execution and the potential so far hasn't been used or in Covenants case was  very poorly handled. Give it quality it deserves or just don't do it, Covenant was a mistake. And who would come up with something that would top Giger let alone be on par or near the quality?

I still don't get how the alien was "poorly handled".  ???

Last cinematic outing, this is how the alien was handled:

Nelostic!

Nelostic!

Ridley please create Prometheus2, Prometheus3, Prometheus4 and Prometheus5!

Blomkamp please create Alien5, Alien6, and Alien7!

Blomkamp please create Aliens vs Predators!, Aliens vs Predators2! or Aliens vs Predators3!
:o

Rudiger

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 13, 2017, 08:00:58 AM

Could be for any number of reasons. The SFX weren't great; the incredibly underwhelming "grand entrance" of one of cinema's greatest monsters; the way all of the alien scenes felt rushed and tacked-on; the ludicrous and completely out of place "dangling-on-the-end-of-a-wire-and-fighting-off-an-alien  sequence; the way it was so easy to outmanoeuvre and kill...

Scorpio

Those are just nitpicks.

As for 'tacked-on', was the Queen tacked-on in Aliens?  Because it's nearly the same thing.

Rudiger

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 13, 2017, 07:03:10 PM
Those are just nitpicks.

You asked for reasons. I've given you reasons.

Scorpio

I'll have to disagree with you, then.  I thought the SFX were top notch, the grand entrance of the alien is beautiful (are we talking about the chestburster or the adult?), the alien scenes did not feel rushed to me, it was supposed to be an action packed way to end the movie plus it built up to the alien's entrance, it's not like it just appeared out of nowhere.  And the "dangling-on-the-end-of-a-wire-and-fighting-off-an-alien  sequence" is cool, something different that we haven't seen before.

Jango1201

The bursting scene was pretty cool, but was painfully rushed. Oram should have made it to the Covenant and then bursted instead of Lope. The flying crane sequence could have featured the Neomorph instead. The adult alien's grand entrance should have been the shower sequence without the movie basically telling us through MU/TH/UR that the alien was goimg to appear there. Had Ridley shortened the middle act just a bit to allow more breathing room for the end, I think this scenario would have improved the movie dramatically.

Rudiger

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 13, 2017, 11:32:36 PM
I'll have to disagree with you, then.

Fair enough. Merely trying to give answers to your question.

Look into my eye

Quote from: Jango1201 on Nov 14, 2017, 03:43:42 AM
The bursting scene was pretty cool, but was painfully rushed. Oram should have made it to the Covenant and then bursted instead of Lope. The flying crane sequence could have featured the Neomorph instead. The adult alien's grand entrance should have been the shower sequence without the movie basically telling us through MU/TH/UR that the alien was goimg to appear there. Had Ridley shortened the middle act just a bit to allow more breathing room for the end, I think this scenario would have improved the movie dramatically.

You have it spot on, would of made a much better final act IMHO.  :)

BonesawT101

Gareth edwards would be a GREAT choice for a sequel/reboot!

I could see him definitely being able to depict the Alien in proper terrifying fashion once more.

KiramidHead

Or give it to Gareth Evans, have Iko Uwais as a Colonial Marine using martial arts on the xenos. 8) :laugh:

reecebomb

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 13, 2017, 08:00:58 AM
Quote from: reecebomb on Nov 12, 2017, 01:55:02 AM
I think you guys are terribly wrong. How about getting the Alien right for once (been decades, videogames don't count) before we start introducing new creatures, for the millionth times it's all in the execution and the potential so far hasn't been used or in Covenants case was  very poorly handled. Give it quality it deserves or just don't do it, Covenant was a mistake. And who would come up with something that would top Giger let alone be on par or near the quality?

Basically everything was poor, almost perfect example how to not portray an alien in a film.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 14, 2017, 08:51:19 PM
Gareth edwards would be a GREAT choice for a sequel/reboot!

I could see him definitely being able to depict the Alien in proper terrifying fashion once more.

Oh god, no! He does have some visual style, but id rather have Ridley than Gareth Edwards. Rogue One and Godzilla were both were pretty bad movies in the end but not without some cool touches here and there. That said, he might pull off decent AvP film, where the standards are much more forgiving and the plot doesn't have to make much sense. But we don't need another half baked Alien film, there is absolutely no point in making one.

Scorpio

Then how do you portray an alien on film? 

Have them being manhandled by a predator, maybe?

Flail around and squeal alot?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed