Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally.

Started by Ingwar, Nov 02, 2017, 10:49:37 PM

Author
Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, personally. (Read 103,921 times)

Ingwar

https://twitter.com/THR/status/926135786763726849

It seems like Scott isn't fully satisfied about A:C. Was it entirely studio's call to fit Alien into the movie?

Corporal Hicks

I've no doubt it was all from the studio. The bts chatter I've heard also seems to back that up.

Baron Von Marlon

Wouldn't surprise me.

acrediblesource

He called him Deni? Is he serious? silent s huh?
SWAVE!!!!

Scorpio

I'm not bothered at all about this, if the alien just gets a cameo in the next one that is fine. 

SiL

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 03, 2017, 12:41:08 AM
He called him Deni? Is he serious? silent s huh?
SWAVE!!!!
Well the dude's French, and it's how you pronounce his name, soo...

Scorpio

He's not French, he's Canadian.

SiL

French Canadian. It's a French name.

Scorpio

I suppose you are English Australian, then?  :)

SiL

SiL

He is literally from the French-Canadian parts of Canada, that are known as the French-Canadian parts of Canada, where French is the main language, hence both his name and his accent. I was wrong to say he was French, but getting touchy at "French Canadian" is really weird.

edit

f**king Canada. French Canadian parts of Canada. D'oh  :P (I originally wrote he was from the French-Canadian parts of France, which do not exist, and are not a thing.)

skhellter

skhellter

If Ridley's bored then just give this franchise to someone else.

I'd like to see
Michael Dougherty
and
Joon-ho Bong

take a crack at this.

proto leech

The beast has "run out" in the same way darth vader or batman has "run out". maybe give it to someone new riddles, someone who will actually use the beast.

shoulda kept your android boyfriends playing flutes for your own franchise.

Paranoid Android

Don't really care if it was all from the studio (which was my guess back then). Ridley Scott stood behind that decision. He gave interviews talking about how he was wrong with Prometheus and how the Alien films are "all about this guy right there" *points to an Alien poster*. He needs to own up to it.

I said it before: this franchise has been hijacked by a director who doesn't even want to make Alien films.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Nov 03, 2017, 08:54:47 AM
I said it before: this franchise has been hijacked by a director who doesn't even want to make Alien films.

It's definitely easy to tell Ridley wants to be telling stories about David but was only able to do so within Alien. And I think it's a detriment to both Alien and Prometheus/David. And I don't like where this current iteration of the story seems to be going.

Let's give the Alien franchise to someone who would like to make Alien films. Where Covenant really fell down for me was when the Aliens showed up. You could really tell they'd been shoehorned in there.

Rudiger

If both films had been good (rather than just pretty things to look at), nobody would care what they were about.... aliens, robots, engineers, whatever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed