User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Scott: I think the Beast is almost run out, person...  (Read 9720 times)

Omegamorph
Nov 17, 2017, 11:41:58 PM
Reply #360 on: Nov 17, 2017, 11:41:58 PM
Q
thank god they didn't put that in, cos it would've been too laughable

bb-15
Nov 18, 2017, 08:34:38 PM
Reply #361 on: Nov 18, 2017, 08:34:38 PM
Q
Covenant featured the best alien-bursting-from-a-human-body scene since 1979. It's no longer scary (and more importantly disturbing) because we've seen it before. The same with aliens stalking people in dark corridors and shafts or swarming a barricaded compartment. It's all familiar. You know how it will play out.
I don't think there' anyone against good characters, but keep in mind that in Alien the characters are archetypes. It's not like the chestburster scene succeeded because Kane was such a compelling character.

This is close to where I'm at.
I thought the Neomorph back burster sequence was one of the best science fiction horror moments in the entire Alien franchise.
- But because the Giger inspired monsters have been played out and the style of Alien has been copied (see "Life", etc.); the question comes, where to go from there with the story?
- A few jump scares? It's still not enough.

* What Ridley decided with "Prometheus" was to go in a more detailed, serious science fiction direction. The film made decent money.
But because the fan base is so split, a lot of fans hated "Prometheus".
I definitely get that with all my IMDb "Prometheus" debates.
But in the end I think for the future of the Alien franchise, Scott was on the right track.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing a movie about the response of the Engineers to David's attack.

;)

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed