Author
Flop (Read 14,769 times)

happypred

happypred

I want something new as well...

I don't want a movie set in the suburbs

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fortunately, it isn't. Part of it taking place in the burbs doesn't equate to it all taking place and that leaked script was nearly a year old.

Highland

Highland

Watched the Mr H video about the screener. I'm not going to like this I'm banking on it I hated Iron Man 3 with a passion because of all the reasons it sounds like went into the Predator movie.

Man I don't think there will be any going back after this. Not like Alien that you can still fix.

**bends over, grabs knees.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I'm just hoping for a glimpse of a predator being the wheel of a classic car... no, half assed military transport dosen't cut it.

D88M

D88M

I think that it will do fine both at box office and critics, casual audiences dont think like us, people just want mindless action movies with lots of jokes, that is the trend now, and if the horrible Iron Man 3 is an example of that it should do fine then

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: D88M on Nov 18, 2017, 07:41:58 PM
I think that it will do fine both at box office and critics, casual audiences dont think like us, people just want mindless action movies with lots of jokes, that is the trend now,

You're saying only the people on this site appreciate/want to see movies with depth in story and/or little to no humor? And that critics are the same as casual moviegoers?

If that's what you're saying, then you're wrong.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

The only thing saving this movie, is something so drastic it will set a new classic idea for the franchise like the way David was for Alien. Although the concept is old, its the actor that is not. somehow i don't see that happening unless....ARNOLD!!!!! with a BIONIC ARM!!!!

http://omegaunderground.com/2016/10/14/90s-alien-vs-predator-video-game-capcom-based-roland-emmerichs-unused-script/

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

I was initially excited when I heard Black was directing, given he worked on the original film. However, everything I see or hear about this movie screams to me that it's going to be horrible. But the clincher for me is the damn kid in the movie. I absolutely loathe the fact there's a kid in this movie.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: BlackMatter169 on Nov 20, 2017, 02:05:36 AM
I absolutely loathe the fact there's a kid in this movie.

Why?

Master

Master

Because
Spoiler
He talks Predator, fly f**king alien spaceship and saves planet earth. See the script.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Again, a script that was nearly a year old by the time the film actually went in front of cameras.

In the first test
Spoiler
the kid doesn't pilot the Predator ship at all.
[close]

Master

Master

Yeah, I'm aware. We talked about it earlier.

Spoiler
He still talks Predator though.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master on Nov 20, 2017, 09:36:25 AM
Yeah, I'm aware. We talked about it earlier.

Then it is a null point.

Spoiler
He still talks Predator though.
[close]

And I don't even know if that's a thing still. No-one has mentioned this to me.

How about we wait to watch the finished product before casting a final judgement?

Master

Master

We will,  this time next year everything is clear. Judging by the script and what we've seen so far I choose to be cautiously pessimistic. Don't get me wrong, news from test screenings are suggesting it's going the right way, but you can polish the turd so much.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

Without knowing how much the budget is, if we speculated 80 million to make the film- what would it need to make to be considered successful? A flop could be a death blow to this franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed