Flop

Started by DerelictShip, Oct 30, 2017, 05:38:43 PM

Author
Flop (Read 14,873 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 26, 2017, 03:26:48 PM
Good point, plus child actors can be great when the director cares to get the performance needed. Some movies where kids are main protagonists and do awesome jobs are:

Room, IT, Moonlight, The Witch, Wonder, Beasts of No Nation, Oculus, Lion, The Road, Annabelle: Creation, True Grit, Southpaw, The Conjuring, Ransom, Man on Fire, Nice Guys, Beasts of The Southern Wild, Aliens, The Good Son, Stand By Me, A Monster Calls, Donnie Darko, Atonement, Leon the Professional, I Am Sam, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, The Exorcist, The Emporor's Club, Let the Right One in, 6th Sense.
Did the child actor die in any of those films?

So I guess we know who lives at the end of The Predator.

Telegraphed script = Flop

I bet this kid is Wesley Crusher meets Gray Jedi Mary Sue Rey. 

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 27, 2017, 12:46:40 PM

Arnold survived
Glover survived
Brody survived

dude
This isnt Game of Thrones.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Yes, Vermillion, child actor characters died in
Spoiler
The Witch, Beasts of No Nation, IT, Annabelle: Creation, The Good Son, Donnie Darko, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and The Butterfly Effect.
[close]
. This list is solely the ones I saw and thought were impressive though, so I'm leaving out other films where kids die. Sorry your desire to have a child killed on screen in a movie where only challenging prey are hunted might not be fulfilled. I hope you enjoy the movie anyway despite the extreme telegraph in possibly knowing a character might live. I sure know I always felt suspense in knowing John McClain, Ethan Hunt, James Bond, Indiana Jones, Wyatt Earp, Frank Castle, Jason Bourne, Aron Ralston, etc. might die halfway through their films.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 27, 2017, 04:09:42 PM

Spoiler
The Witch, Beasts of No Nation, IT, Annabelle: Creation, The Good Son, Donnie Darko, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and The Butterfly Effect.
[close]
. This list is solely the ones I saw and thought were impressive though, so I'm leaving out other films where kids die. Sorry your desire to have a child killed on screen in a movie where only challenging prey are hunted might not be fulfilled. I hope you enjoy the movie anyway despite the extreme telegraph in possibly knowing a character might live. I sure know I always felt suspense in knowing John McClain, Ethan Hunt, James Bond, Indiana Jones, Wyatt Earp, Frank Castle, Jason Bourne, Aron Ralston, etc. might die halfway through their films.

Mmm the kid in The Predator could be some of a challenging prey in a way,
Spoiler
IIRC there was some elements pointing toward that in the end of the script
[close]

Hollywood

Hollywood

I'll trust your word and speculate with my imagination but I'm not into reading any more possible spoilers  ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 27, 2017, 05:22:25 PM
I'll trust your word and speculate with my imagination but I'm not into reading any more possible spoilers  ;)

Dont worry, i just re-read my post and there was nothing really spoiling, just thought it will be better with a spoiling tag  :laugh:

Vermillion

Vermillion

The last line in my post.

Learn it. Know it.  Live it.
- Brad Hamilton

https://youtu.be/iMpTg45k38o

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 27, 2017, 03:51:52 PM

Arnold survived
Glover survived
Brody survived

dude
This isnt Game of Thrones.

I Lol'd :D :D :D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 27, 2017, 05:36:46 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 27, 2017, 05:22:25 PM

Dont worry, i just re-read my post and there was nothing really spoiling, just thought it will be better with a spoiling tag  :laugh:

Any chance you could PM the script or a place that I could seek out it's whereabouts? I'm very very curious to see how this one ends up changing from script to screen. Just like with Predators.

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 27, 2017, 04:09:42 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Another good example of child characters dying would be in the movie Mimic. They weren't "main" characters, but they do get murdered pretty hardcore by the bugs.

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

Okay, I take it back. If this movie ends up being basically Predator vs Kevin from "Home Alone" I'll be thoroughly entertained.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: BlackMatter169 on Nov 29, 2017, 02:06:12 AM
Okay, I take it back. If this movie ends up being basically Predator vs Kevin from "Home Alone" I'll be thoroughly entertained.

:D

"Are they in the jungle or Kevin's house?" Should be the slogan on the poster. lol

Vermillion

Vermillion

I think this is close to how the kid out-smarts the predators in the film. 

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 29, 2017, 03:23:23 AM
Spoiler
[close]

You might be new but try to use spoiler tags if you're giving away possible plot points/details.

Username-Unavailable

Username-Unavailable

They're not going to kill the precocious child protagonist in the Whacky Screwball Adventure Predator movie.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 29, 2017, 05:55:22 AM
Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 29, 2017, 03:23:23 AM
Spoiler
[close]

You might be new but try to use spoiler tags if you're giving away possible plot points/details.

Haha. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed