User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: This is not a game.  (Read 535 times)

Berend
Oct 15, 2017, 08:02:31 AM
Topic on: Oct 15, 2017, 08:02:31 AM
Q
This a work of art.

Even after 3 years of playing it still ranks as one of the best games I've ever played.

You can just feel the passion that was put into it, all the details in the environment, the love for the world and in particular the original Alien movie.

Part of me wishes they'd come up with a sequel, and yet this one was already satisfying enough. And basically, we already have a sequel with J. cameron's aliens don't we?

FenGiddel
Nov 08, 2017, 03:30:16 AM
Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2017, 03:30:16 AM
Q
I enjoy it immensely on my 54-inch HD screen, even though parts of it creep me out considerably. My wife enjoys it as a spectator sport. I often find I have to take a break due to the tension, and she's all "but you're doing so well". ;) 

I am still trying to break the conditioning that years of "you only have so many lives, so don't get killed" has instilled. Only when I get reckless do I find myself actually getting a rush out of the gameplay. (I have it on PlayStation, so unfortunately I cannot install a patch to let me lock the Big Chap in the vents while I go over every bloody detail of the environment to see all the cool stuff they packed in.)

Work of art? Yessir, you have my vote!

(Man, I really need to go play this again.)   ;D

bacchus
Nov 30, 2017, 12:44:47 PM
Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:44:47 PM
Q
I love it. Not as a game, but as an experience. The attention to detail, the quietness, the atmosphere, the tension and the genuine feeling of being isolated and alone on that ship. Not many other games I've enjoyed this much with this level of immersion.

If you liked the experience/atmosphere and style of the game then Resident Evil 7 is quite similar.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed