Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over.

Started by Ingwar, Oct 06, 2017, 06:42:24 PM

Author
Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over. (Read 33,746 times)

PierreVW

I don't know.

I love ALIEN, PROMETHEUS and ALIEN: COVENANT.

But I'm more excited for the other films of Ridley Scott: ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, BATTLE OF BRITAIN, etc....

Maybe Ridley is only Producing. He isn't interested in Aliens. He prefers Androids and Replicants.

Mr. Clemens

David, Walter, and Gordon identical android three-way confirmed!  :D

Ultramorph

At this point, if the franchise is going to get rebooted, have Ripley 8 fight David on Origae 6. I would legitimately like that.

Scorpio

I would like to see another female android like Call.  Maybe call her 'Eve'..

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

A.F.A.I.K. Alien: Covenant had less budget than Prometheus...  ::)

Covenant grossed a worldwide total of $240 million against a production budget of $97 million.

It wasn't a hit, but neither a flop...

Inverse Effect

May as well rename the series to David instead of Aliens lol

David: Resurrection
David 3
Davids's
David Covenant.

Great Actor and he plays a interesting character.. But damn... The entire Prequel Trilogy went into all about androids.

Jango1201

I personally like the idea of following David instead of a human character. Instead of seeing a hero progress through the stories we follow a villain and hopefully we get to see David's downfall.

skhellter

Quote from: Guts on Oct 09, 2017, 03:12:51 PM
David: Resurrection
David 3
Davids's
David Covenant.

Ripley
Ripley 2
Ripley 3
Ripley Resurrection.

Quadrilogy was all about the hoomans fighting the xenos.

I'm ok with David being the new "Lead" of the series.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

I will only ever look on this storyline's use of the Xenomorph, Space Jockey, Juggernaut etc. as being a kind of unrelated 'fan fiction' version of the source material compared to what was seen in ALIEN...but I truly hope that Ridley ends up getting the budget to round off this trilogy in the way he wishes.

It didn't turn out to be the kind of 'prequel' storyline I hoped for, but I'll still look forward to Ridley's lush visuals where his conclusion to this David/Engineers 're-imagining' is concerned.

...and then I'll look forward to seeing whatever the next director does with this franchise.  :P

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

You can focus on AI, but there still could be some Aliens in the next movie, I dont get why most of the peple see this as a main problem. . David experimentation (perhaps on Daniels or other colonists) will produce once again a new kind of various creatures, of course there would be some Aliens in it, why these two little facehugger embryos would be even there, if we dont have any creature in the next film, huh? Jesus, use your brains guys! I love androids from Alien series since the first bloody encounter with Ash, you know. The Ash decapitated head, white blood and all this mess stuff. But the Bishop is my most favourite character at all, especially because he was super good "person". . and I love him as an actor, but since these two Androids. . I never actually thinking about how they are important for the whole Alien universe. And now I found that, that they are very important. Just think about it, we know almost nothing about human civilization in these movies, we know that humans can colonize the other planets or moons, produce some huge spaceships and vehicles, than we have our so called evil company the Weyland-Yutani, some colonial marines and thats all. . another, last and most interesting fact is, that humans can create the artifical life, and I think that, this is very important aspect of these movies, its like a cherry on top of the cake. Of course there are mainly Aliens we all like the most, but in the terms of the humans, the Androids are specials. So, Im glad that we can have some focus on David, not only because he is a villain. . but because he is the Android, and not just a regular android. Oh, and by the way. . we have AI in almost every Alien film, if not the androids, than there was also computers like "father" in Alien Ressurection, or mother from first movie. So AI is fairly common in Alien series, just dont forget that David is the main plot device for the whole experiment around the black goo etc. There is no human that can do the exact same stuff like David did in Alien Covenant, it will kill all humans that came in contact with it. Like it or not, we need the David, at least for this third part. And I dont have anything against it.

Scorpio

I would say all the sequels to A L I E N are just glorified fan fiction. 

Even Aliens.  Yes, even Aliens.

Especially Aliens.

SM

Don't cut yourself there, Edgy.

Scorpio

And don't cut yourself on your sharp wit.  :)

PierreVW

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 10, 2017, 12:05:19 AM
I would say all the sequels to A L I E N are just glorified fan fiction. 

Even Aliens.  Yes, even Aliens.

Especially Aliens.

I disagree. The only really bad movies are the 2 AvP movies. I liked all of the others. Even Resurrection.

Alionic

That's interesting because I think both AVP films are more watchable than Alien 3 and Resurrection.

This guy sums up my views on Alien Resurrection:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed