Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over.

Started by Ingwar, Oct 06, 2017, 06:42:24 PM

Author
Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over. (Read 34,671 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: tleilaxu on Nov 08, 2017, 08:54:12 PM
The scene with the failed clones is one of the best scenes in the franchise.

I'm hoping for something similar in the new movie. Another lab by David but this time with mostly humans on display.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Nov 09, 2017, 12:06:25 AM

I'm hoping for something similar in the new movie. Another lab by David but this time with mostly humans on display.

Maybe even still alive

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Nov 08, 2017, 01:03:54 PM
If the Newborn was simply replaced by some other type of alien, I don't think it would've changed much. I'm not a fan of its design, to say the least, but the main issue I had with it was how the Newborn was used. That whole sequence derails the film for me because of how absurd it is. I don't need a Queen with a human reproductive system (undermines the whole alien lifecycle) and I don't need the silly mother/son moments the Newborn had with Ripley. You could put the alien from the original film in there and it would've still been terrible.

There's some changes that I'd like to see made (SM used to talk about how he'd have liked them to have just found the Queen already dead which I think would have been interesting) but I think when we see people talking about how they hate the Newborn, it does mostly come down to design. Not everyone and that's not all the problems with Resurrection, but I feel safe in saying that that is what I mostly see complained about.

Agreed. Absolutely fantastic scene and performance. I still wonder if that scar on Ripley 7 was supposed to be setup for other stories. Don't think I've ever seen it spoken about.

Deadmeat

I hold a similar opinion A:R. While it had a bad B-movie feeling, some of the concepts were solid and fit well with what you could explore with the concept of the xenomorph. I do, however, stand with the few who liked the concept of the Newborn. A "born" xenomorph is already a terrifying concept, and beautifully ironic considering the entire nature of the beast. Uncomfortable but subtle sexual themes was what made it work so well in the first place, and, although the execution in A:R was... poor, I'm still very much open to exploring the concept in the future. That's my opinion! :)

Master

I`m certain what I don`t want. Another Ridley Alien film. Man lost his touch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed