Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over.

Started by Ingwar, Oct 06, 2017, 06:42:24 PM

Author
Scott: the evolution of Alien is nearly over. (Read 33,726 times)

Ingwar

QuoteDuring an interview with the Empire podcast to promote Blade Runner 2049, Scott briefly laid out where he sees the next movie going. Covenant implied David is actually the one responsible for creating the Alien in the first place, so the next story would explore what a world designed by a crazed A.I. will look like.

"I think the evolution of the Alien himself is nearly over, but what I was trying to do was transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by A.I.'s. The world that the AI might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one."

http://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-sequel-fassbender-david-details/

Empire podcast: https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/283-ridley-scott-denis-villeneuve

salomonj

So I guess this confirms a sequel?

Ingwar

Hard to say. Everything is up to Fox. Maybe they have already made their decision and we just don't know yet.

0321recon

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 06, 2017, 06:42:24 PM
QuoteDuring an interview with the Empire podcast to promote Blade Runner 2049, Scott briefly laid out where he sees the next movie going. Covenant implied David is actually the one responsible for creating the Alien in the first place, so the next story would explore what a world designed by a crazed A.I. will look like.

"I think the evolution of the Alien himself is nearly over, but what I was trying to do was transcend and move to another story, which would be taken over by A.I.'s. The world that the AI might create as a leader if he finds himself on a new planet. We have actually quite a big layout for the next one."

http://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-sequel-fassbender-david-details/

Empire podcast: https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/283-ridley-scott-denis-villeneuve

I guess if it gets made, with what's being mentioned previously of Awakening's plot, it seems that Origae 6 becomes the Alien home world with David as its King and whatever colonists are left become his slaves while the Engineers with Walter come in lay waste of the planet. I'd watch it. Though, that's going ask of a budget that Fox is not going to give him.

I'd say hand over the reigns to Denis Villeneuve and keep Scott as producer. Villeneuve will ask for the script to be fine tuned and made more personal to his liking, and with that trimming the budget. From what I read it worked for Blade Runner 2049 Though, Who knows. It's all speculation at this point. 

irn

This has the potential to veer off and do its own thing while leaving the integrity of Alien alive. Basically if this doesn't set up the original film then it could be a winner. Have the crew of the Nostromo rediscover the deep space terror.

Ingwar

In the podcast Scott said that Prometheus made 460 millions. According to Box Office Mojo and The Numbers it made 403 and 402 respectively. Probably Scott knows more than we do or he just simply made mistake or maybe he added DVD/Blu-Ray sales?

Richman678

Well this seems to me like he's all over the place.

Not sure Ridley needs to direct the next one anymore.

Daszkowski

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 06, 2017, 08:27:53 PM
In the podcast Scott said that Prometheus made 460 millions. According to Box Office Mojo and The Numbers it made 403 and 402 respectively. Probably Scott knows more than we do or he just simply made mistake or maybe he added DVD/Blu-Ray sales?

I think he added DVD/Blu-Ray sales. As stated by the-numbers.com "Prometheus" did $43,935,407 in US.

Whos_Nick

what is even going on anymore

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What's going on is that the theater business is changing and cheaper to make movies targeting well defined fan bases are in. No matter which way you cut it, people are less likely to see a movie in the theater. Plus most expensive movies are expensive because of licensing, facial recognition or an over abundance of cgi. However the A-list in itself doesn't draw butts into the seats like they did just a decade ago, which was already declining as it was. Fox owns the Alien and choosing to focus on just one necessary actor is well with in anyone's budget. Also alien stuff is fairly easy to engineer in an computer if we're being honest. Old school props and sets also fit nicely into a budget.

I wasn't thinking that the Alien home world was created right before Alien but considering how fast they grow... ah f**k it; I'll bite.

Mateusz

Mateusz

if he killed again good character like Daniels i will be angry  :'(

RidgeTop

Just what we need, a third Alien film with Aliens hardly a part of it.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 06, 2017, 09:21:10 PM
Fox owns the Alien and choosing to focus on just one necessary actor is well with in anyone's budget. Also alien stuff is fairly easy to engineer in an computer if we're being honest. Old school props and sets also fit nicely into a budget.

I wasn't thinking that the Alien home world was created right before Alien but considering how fast they grow... ah f**k it; I'll bite.

Exactly. Old Props and sets can help Ridley keep his vision if he wants to do the War of the Worlds without any CGI and just use scale models, matte paintings etc. I'm just like f$%^ it, let him finish his vision and move on.

Quote from: Mateusz on Oct 06, 2017, 09:27:02 PM
if he killed again good character like Daniels i will be angry  :'(

Either she's killed off like poor Elizabeth or becomes one of David's slaves if were going with David being the head of this planet.

JokersWarPig

no...just please no

BishopShouldGo

Just because your handling of the xenomorph was poor doesn't mean its run its course, Ridley.

How about just tell a great story. After Prometheus it was "focus on the aliens", after Covenant it's now "focus on the androids".
How about craft a great story? Stop trying to focus on one component! If it's got tons of aliens in it but it's good, then so be it.
Prometheus' problem wasn't a lack of aliens, and Covenant's problem wasn't the inclusion of aliens(although Big Chap being tacked on at the end felt rote and uninspired; the weakest part of the film).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed