Weyland Corporation vs Weyland Indsutries

Started by RocketSauce28, Sep 30, 2017, 03:55:44 AM

Author
Weyland Corporation vs Weyland Indsutries (Read 3,182 times)

RocketSauce28

Just wanted to clarify this for those that didn't know, but Ridley Scott, since the release of Prometheus has said that Charles Bishop Weyland and Weyland Industries are not canon. The official canon is that Peter Weyland is the founder of The Weyland Corporation, then late 21st century they do a "hostile takeover" and but out the Yutani corporation, creating the Weyland Yutani corporation.

Darkblade 25

Okay Scott says almost anything related to alien is not cannon "cough avp" but seriously Weyland corporation is better in my eyes.

SM

Yes we were aware.

Scorpio

Before I was aware of the 'non-canon' I thought that Peter Weyland could be Charles Bishop Weyland's son or something.

Stitch

The problem with relying on Ridley Scott's interviews regarding Weyland Industries and canon is that he's now been shown to completely pull stuff out of his backside in interviews.
Nothing in the movies themselves directly contradicts the AVP movies, despite Scott's outlook. At some point in the future, after Ridley has finished making his contrived prequels, Fox could make a movie that directly links Weyland Industries and Weyland Corp.

426Buddy

Well the alien was created by David, I think that pretty much means the AvP films cant be canon.

Personally I always considered the AvPs to be in their own universe anyway.

Perfect-Organism

Well according to Alien Covenant Origins which is the official prequel to Covenant...  major spoiler ahead.  Don't read it...

Spoiler
Hideo Yutani and his company Yutani from Japan took over Weyland Corporation after Prometheus...
[close]

Stitch

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 30, 2017, 12:43:09 PM
Well the alien was created by David, I think that pretty much means the AvP films cant be canon.
The actual movie itself doesn't specify this. It heavily implies but doesn't actually confirm, hence the current debates about David being creator or recreate. Fox being smart enough to give themselves some wiggle room.

SM

Weyland Corporation and Weyland Industries are interchangeable terms for both companies.

Only the Prometheus version is considered canon by Fox.

Scorpio

Fox don't care, if they have a bible for Alien then why not publish it.

They supposedly have a 50 page document or something (read that in an interview somewhere).

All Fox care about is making money.

I take it as though Weyland Industries is a separate company to Weyland Corporation.  Peter and Charles may not even be related.  Weyland's stock plummeted after his death and his company became history in 2004.

Why do I care?  Because I'm a fanboy.  lol

SM

They have a bible.  It's much bigger than 50 pages.  It's only for licensees.

Scorpio

They 'say' they have one, but how do we know it actually exists?

SM

I know.

I'm sure you'll take a contrary view.

Scorpio

No I believe everything you say.

SiL

I also know they have one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed