A question about the Xenomorph itself

Started by GreybackElder, Sep 25, 2017, 03:31:59 AM

Author
A question about the Xenomorph itself (Read 968 times)

GreybackElder

Hey ladies and Gents!  I'm currently reading through S.D perry's Beserker and I've come across something rather perplexing. In this story Perry has described the xenomorph as metal. Now, I've often heard the xeno described as biomechanoid which is simply a reference to its overall design. It's not part metal. Right? I'm not just stumbling across this now am I? Thanks again everyone.

SM

SM

Got a chapter number?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I think I found what you mean.  I'm not sure if she meant literal metal (I doubt it), or was just likening the Alien's carapace to metal.

SiL

SiL

She repeatedly uses 'lithe metal' or similar to describe them, but I think that's more of an Austin to biomechanics than a literal description. She also uses the term chitinous and chitin in that book from memory.

GreybackElder

Quote from: SiL on Sep 25, 2017, 06:52:08 AM
She repeatedly uses 'lithe metal' or similar to describe them, but I think that's more of an Austin to biomechanics than a literal description. She also uses the term chitinous and chitin in that book from memory.
Hey thanks! That's what I figured. I've never heard it describes so literally as metal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed