ETA on The Predator Trailer

Started by Whos_Nick, Sep 19, 2017, 06:47:48 PM

Author
ETA on The Predator Trailer (Read 2,941 times)

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

First teaser for The Predator coming soon! This guy is pretty spot on with upcoming trailer releases, he's got insider info.

https://twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/910208693031112706

The Wolverine Predator

Did he say when?

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Not exactly, but he said the marketing for most of these will start October/November and go from there

Johnny Handsome

Way too early, some of those movies Start in February/March, The Predator in august, Almost a year to Go. That could be a sign that they pulled it forward again.

The Wolverine Predator

Gotcha! Good find

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

If they pull it forward, i don't see how they're gonna avoid other blockbusters because there are many.

ThePredatorUK

ThePredatorUK

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 19, 2017, 09:30:08 PM
If they pull it forward, i don't see how they're gonna avoid other blockbusters because there are many.
SB pushed The Predator back solely for that reason, he said he didn't wanna compete with Black Panther so pushed it from Feb - Aug

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on Sep 19, 2017, 10:06:24 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 19, 2017, 09:30:08 PM
SB pushed The Predator back solely for that reason, he said he didn't wanna compete with Black Panther so pushed it from Feb - Aug

Yes but 2018 is filled with other blockbusters like jurassic world 2, deadpool 2, avengers, mission impossible 6, the han solo movie etc... It's not gonna be easy to compete with these...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Sep 19, 2017, 07:03:05 PM
Way too early, some of those movies Start in February/March, The Predator in august, Almost a year to Go. That could be a sign that they pulled it forward again.

Yeah, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we had The Predator this year. I wont argue though.

David

David

Good news. It would be nice to see a teaser soon.  ;)

Darkoo

Darkoo

four month.. and the marketing will begin..

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/911326701774180352

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's more like I when I expected it.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

I can't believe it's 4 months until even a teaser trailer. With the competitive box office in 2018 I hope they really ramp up the marketing on this film. When was the first Alien covenant trailer dropped?? December 2016? I guess it makes sense.

SiL

SiL

You can't maintain advertising hype for very long, is the problem. With so many films coming out, particularly big ones, if you start advertising too far ahead of your release people will zone out and end up thinking the film's come and gone before it's even released. See also Tron Legacy, a film with an advertising campaign which started a year or so before the film's release. By the time it came out, most people had lost interest or thought it had been released already.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Yup, if they release it too early the fan anticipation could diminish before it hits theaters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed