The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 20, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

Author
The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator (Read 26,920 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on Nov 24, 2017, 06:47:47 AM
So it's  alright to look foreward to this new thing, despite all signs pointing out to disaster,  but saying no to all this stupid ideas (based on evidence damn it) is crime here? Test screenings said that few dumber scenes are out, but we don't know if they are not included in final picture. Hell, meybe they are so cgi heavy there was no point to show them without it. The final judgement will be done after the premiere, but please don't say you know better because you are a fan and want it to be good.
I'm not saying this, and you that.

There is a difference though in judging and trash-talking a movie a year in advance based on a version of a script, that is now confirmed to have changed or just being pessimistic about some things you heard in beforehand.

You don't like the story? Fine, no problem, express that and share your thoughts.

Still complaining about stuff in the script knowing that it's not in the movie at all is not called opinion though, it's called trolling.

In the end of the day, we're not here to read a script, but to go see a movie.

QuoteWe were fooled enough times already.
And there is your problem, the last movies didn't tickle your fancy so every movie will be shit, like ever.

Master

I wouldn't put it that way.  I'm buying final product, when it's on screen we will be sure what changes were made and what scenes are in or not. I explained it widely in my earlier post, different cuts of the film are being made for test screenings and things from the scrpit are still game at this point. If you don't like the fact I'm not thrilled by what we know so far, well thats what Ignore button is for, but please refrain from calling names Johny, I'm no Troll and you know it.

BigDaddyJohn

I have confidence in the fact that Fox clearly realizes that some scenes really bother people
Spoiler
(kid flying ship)
[close]
and that they won't let them in the final film.

Master

Master

That is definitely encouraging.

Spoiler
I hope they'll throw away all this invasion nonsense. Hybrid preds as small group in conflict with normals is fine, but please, p-l-e-a-s-e no intergalactic war bullshit. I want next one to be Predator film not ID4 bastard child.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Nov 24, 2017, 01:35:18 PM
That is definitely encouraging.

Spoiler
I hope they'll throw away all this invasion nonsense. Hybrid preds as small group in conflict with normals is fine, but please, p-l-e-a-s-e no intergalactic war bullshit. I want next one to be Predator film not ID4 bastard child.
[close]

On the other hand, the whole plot revolves around this aspect, so i think that will be unchanged, maybe toned down a bit though.

Whos_Nick

Everyone forgetting this test screening was done so far in advance with plenty of time for things to change

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed