The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 20, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

Author
The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator (Read 26,907 times)

D88M

I doubt it, sounds like BS

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 21, 2017, 02:56:03 PM
Well the real filmmaker part comes from seeing all his movies and thinking he's a fine storyteller.
A filmmaker is someone who makes films. Are you saying Antal never actually made films?

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: SiL on Sep 22, 2017, 06:36:31 AM
Antal never actually made films?

He's never actually made a film that was above average.

SpeedyMaxx

XenoHunter99

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 22, 2017, 03:10:44 AM
You're so close minded that you think the inclusion of a kid character means all of that shit, which you just concocted in your own head, is going to happen.

Breathtaking.
I agree with Ash937. Everything I'm hearing suggests craptastic fail of a movie. Burden of proof is on the movie to be better than it sounds so far. Not jazzed by child star or suburbia. Not impressed with studio or actor statements. Not drinking the kool-aid. Also, back off the personal attacks. At this point, we've been served enough shit sandwiches in these franchises that all skepticism is completely justified.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Sep 22, 2017, 07:06:19 PM
You're so close minded that you think the inclusion of a kid character means all of that shit, which you just concocted in your own head, is going to happen.

Breathtaking.
I agree with Ash937. Everything I'm hearing suggests craptastic fail of a movie. Burden of proof is on the movie to be better than it sounds so far. Not jazzed by child star or suburbia. Not impressed with studio or actor statements. Not drinking the kool-aid. Also, back off the personal attacks. At this point, we've been served enough shit sandwiches in these franchises that all skepticism is completely justified.

Maybe, but you can admit that one of the main argument used by skeptics (and they have the right to be), "suburbia is not as interesting as another location", is not fully receivable. A movie does not depend on it's location in order to be good, right ?

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 21, 2017, 06:10:02 AM
Sounds like The Predator will probably just be a mix mash of Ghostbusters and Friday the 13thif you ask me.  The little boy "at the center" is probly the kid that kills the thing in the end too. The best should we could hope for now is some nudes like in those Friday the 13th movies just to keep it interesting.
Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 22, 2017, 01:40:34 AM
The last thing we need in suburbia is the predator being careful around signs that says "be careful! kid at play." I think this film is gonna be about that and I think the predator will make friends with the little boy like in E.T.

I agree with Ash937.
Noted.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 22, 2017, 08:29:32 PM
Maybe, but you can admit that one of the main argument used by skeptics (and they have the right to be), "suburbia is not as interesting as another location", is not fully receivable.
Location pictures seem good anyways despite what people are imagining when they hear the word suburbia.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Here's cautious optimism,  I'm not expecting a mater piece but hopeful its not good awful and at the very least a decent movie going experience. Oh who am I kidding fans are going to be divided and debate its quality regardless.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 22, 2017, 08:29:32 PM

Breathtaking.

Maybe, but you can admit that one of the main argument used by skeptics (and they have the right to be), "suburbia is not as interesting as another location", is not fully receivable. A movie does not depend on it's location in order to be good, right ?

Bingo.

Why couldn't a suburbia setting work...

I think I'm just gonna sit here and trust Shane Black thanks. Guy could make a movie about two guys on a canoe interesting.

XenoHunter99

So, here's what I see in terms of developing patterns on this movies. The studio exec says "Unexpected and utterly fresh..." Can we trust that? Centering the movie on a father and his kid, putting it in a suburb both meet the criteria, but a lot can go wrong. Will the kid actually be friends with a predator? IDK. Let's be nuanced. I could see where we might have two predators fighting each other in a suburb. It could have a good pred/bad pred vibe, and good pred makes friends with the kid. That's the basis of T2, right?
Without belaboring the point, I think predators belong in dangerous places hunting the best-armed, most dangerous opponents available. On the surface, Suburbia doesn't really cut it. That is all,

Hollywood

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Sep 23, 2017, 01:57:07 AM
So, here's what I see in terms of developing patterns on this movies. The studio exec says "Unexpected and utterly fresh..." Can we trust that?

Trust it blindly? If you're a fool. Whats so hard about taking it for what it's worth?

QuoteCentering the movie on a father and his kid, putting it in a suburb both meet the criteria, but a lot can go wrong.
That's like saying John Wick centers on a man and his dog, Taken and Commando centered on a man and his daughter, and Inception was about a series of naps.

QuoteWill the kid actually be friends with a predator?
Yes they go to the same school and the Predator helps him win a talent show.

QuoteWithout belaboring the point, I think predators belong in dangerous places hunting the best-armed, most dangerous opponents available. On the surface, Suburbia doesn't really cut it. That is all,
That is not all. Who do you think they are fighting in suburbia and which location set photo is your least favorite?

XenoHunter99

Hollywood

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 23, 2017, 02:20:38 AM
Who do you think they are fighting in suburbia and which location set photo is your least favorite?

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Sep 23, 2017, 02:50:53 AM
We'll see in 10 months. ;)

No need, because you can see right now. You don't have to wait 10 months to know (factually) they're fighting dangerous people and not a bunch of mailmen or something.

Nor do you have to wait that long to point out which set photo inspires doubt about location but you're still expressing said doubt and boyishly concluding that nude scenes are all that's left to look forward to. How does that make sense?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 22, 2017, 01:52:43 PM
He's never actually made a film that was above average.
But he did make films. Ergo, he's a real filmmaker.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Sep 23, 2017, 01:57:07 AM
Without belaboring the point, I think predators belong in dangerous places hunting the best-armed, most dangerous opponents available. On the surface, Suburbia doesn't really cut it. That is all,

I agree with you, except there is a reason why predators are coming to suburbia, which makes this situation "abnormal" regarding predators habits that we know, yes. But like i said, i usually agree on the suburbia not being a popular location among predators. But trust me, there is a SOLID reason why they go there...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed