The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 20, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

Author
The Predator is “Unexpected and Utterly Fresh” - Fox CEO on The Predator (Read 26,894 times)

bleau

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 21, 2017, 01:34:11 PM
The kid is important in the plot, and he have many scenes in the movie.

oh, that's got me wondering now. ??? Maybe the Predator is after the kid for some reason. Idk I guess I'll find out next year though.

NeoXenoPred

Maybe the kid is some sort like Newt? Maybe the pred is searching for him, like the aliens in Aliens. Suburbia looks nice, as although not as mysterious as a forest or as dense as a city but it is still creepy when the predator stalks the people on the suburbs.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 21, 2017, 06:10:02 AM
The little boy "at the center" is probly the kid that kills the thing in the end too.  The best should we could hope for now is some nudes like in those Friday the 13th movies just to keep it interesting.
::)

Quote from: bleau on Sep 21, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
The kid thing doesn't bother me. I don't think a kid is going to hunt the predator.   At least I hope not, but we had a kid in Predator 2 briefly. So I think the kid will be a minor character obviously. Probably a marines son or something like that, that will have small parts. :)
The kid doesn't bother me either but he is playing a role that's essentially a plot device. Could be in the movie as much as John Connor in T2 or Sean from Ransom.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2017, 05:56:41 AM
And how does that make him a 'real filmmaker'?

Well the real filmmaker part comes from seeing all his movies and thinking he's a fine storyteller.

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Sep 21, 2017, 02:29:44 PM
Maybe the kid is some sort like Newt? Maybe the pred is searching for him, like the aliens in Aliens. Suburbia looks nice, as although not as mysterious as a forest or as dense as a city but it is still creepy when the predator stalks the people on the suburbs.

Y'all gonna find out in a year. The kid is a main character in the movie. Get over it, no more ten little Indians with a bunch of dudes and and your complimentary female.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 21, 2017, 02:56:03 PM

Y'all gonna find out in a year. The kid is a main character in the movie. Get over it, no more ten little Indians with a bunch of dudes and and your complimentary female.
I hope you're wrong 'cause that sounds total shite to me.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Sep 21, 2017, 03:29:26 PM

I can assure you he's right, and i think it's for the better, at least i hope. I trust Shane Black.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 21, 2017, 03:37:17 PM
I can assure you he's right, and i think it's for the better, i least i hope. I trust Shane Black.
Ok. What makes you think that?

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

I agree with Bishop and BigDaddyJohn. The franchise needs to expand beyond the ten little Indians format. Also there are plenty of great films with child actors in them - even some of the most popular R rated action films.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Sep 21, 2017, 03:29:26 PM

Well that's just close mindedness.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Sep 21, 2017, 03:49:20 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 21, 2017, 03:37:17 PM
I can assure you he's right, and i think it's for the better, i least i hope. I trust Shane Black.
Ok. What makes you think that?

I meant that he's right saying that it's not gonna be a ten little indians type of story. And i think it's for the better because, done with enough talent (i believe Shane Black and the people working with him are talented) it could fit well in the predator universe, without repeating the same old song again. And mostly, we could have a very cool movie that we didn't have since long ago, which is gold.

IZE

Idk I'm hoping this has the feeling of Predator 2

newagescamartist

I kind of agree with the series needing to expand. I just hope it's not so off the walls that it becomes a parody of itself. The script leak descriptions make me nervous, but I'm remaining optimistic as well.

Ash 937

Quote from: newagescamartist on Sep 21, 2017, 11:43:21 PM
I kind of agree with the series needing to expand. 

But it doesn't need to expand into Ghostbusters and The Goonies territory.  The last thing we need in suburbia is the predator being careful around signs that says "be careful! kid at play."  I think this film is gonna be about that and I think the predator will make friends with the little boy like in E.T.

BishopShouldGo

You're so close minded that you think the inclusion of a kid character means all of that shit, which you just concocted in your own head, is going to happen.

Breathtaking.

Hollywood

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 22, 2017, 01:40:34 AM
The last thing we need in suburbia is the predator being careful around signs that says "be careful! kid at play."  I think this film is gonna be about that...

K, good prediction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed