When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,165 times)

SM

Next in Law & Order : Hollywood Forensic Accounting Unit - Dr Miller vs. The Brothers Warner.

monkeylove

Quote from: SiL on Nov 12, 2017, 04:29:21 AM
I explained that it was an example of the types of clauses that frequently get put into contracts that use creative accounting.

From what I know, such clauses are meant to attract investors, not the other way round.

Also, creative accounting involves using loopholes to avoid taxation, etc., or to attract investors.

The illegal part was deceiving and not paying back investors, but the loophole they exploited can be used in legitimate circumstances of underperforming films.

If investors perform due diligence, then they should be able to see those loopholes. What you're assuming is that investors in general don't do such.

Alionic

Quote from: SM on Nov 13, 2017, 12:42:23 AM
Next in Law & Order : Hollywood Forensic Accounting Unit - Dr Miller vs. The Brothers Warner.

Say goodbye to any Fury Road sequels lol

SiL

Quote from: monkeylove on Nov 13, 2017, 02:02:34 AM
Also, creative accounting involves using loopholes to avoid taxation, etc., or to attract investors.
And avoid repaying investors.

QuoteIf investors perform due diligence, then they should be able to see those loopholes. What you're assuming is that investors in general don't do such.
I'm not assuming anything. It's a thing that happens. Not every minute of every day for every film ever made, but still, it happens.

monkeylove

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2017, 08:00:17 AM
And avoid repaying investors.

Actually, it's the opposite because they want investors to re-invest, especially if sequels are planned.

I'm not assuming anything. It's a thing that happens. Not every minute of every day for every film ever made, but still, it happens.

Any data on that?

SiL

They want filmmakers to make films for them, too; it doesn't stop them f**king them over with regularity.

bleau

Quote from: Alionic on Nov 13, 2017, 05:08:18 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 13, 2017, 12:42:23 AM

Say goodbye to any Fury Road sequels lol

That really sucks, I read the story and Miller does has a case. Sounds like Warner Bros is in trouble. :o

monkeylove

Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2017, 06:20:05 AM
They want filmmakers to make films for them, too; it doesn't stop them f**king them over with regularity.

Producers have the final say, and they are answerable to investors. That's why it's filmmakers who are hired and fired by studios and not the other way round.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ridley Scott confirmed today that he's doing an adaption of The Cartel next, sorry guys. But All the Money in the World's press tour should kick off shortly so hopefully journalists will ask him about the status of the next Alien film.

Quote from: Ridley ScottI've already started recce [British military slang for reconnaissance] on another film. I'd like to do three a year, but we're going to start the next one in February. I'm not sure if we're keeping the title because the book is so important, but I'm doing [an adaptation] of The Cartel.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/29/ridley-scott-kevin-spacey-all-the-money-in-the-world-exclusive/

Thanks to Ingwar for the link to the interview.

grootsuit

grootsuit

i think we can expect a similar time frame that we had between prometheus and a:c, so five years or so in the future

Alionic

Quote from: grootsuit on Nov 29, 2017, 05:22:21 PM
i think we can expect a similar time frame that we had between prometheus and a:c, so five years or so in the future

I'm predicting he'll do the Covenant sequel after the Cartel. He did say the sequel begins filming 14 months from May of this year.

Anthony

That entire interview with Ridley was really cool. Love the man, can't wait for All The Money, The Cartel, and what he does next.

Ingwar

So The Cartel is next. Must read that book. I hope he's gonna adapt Wraiths of the Broken Land (great book!) after but that's just my wishful thinking.

D88M

The movie is probably under development now, meanwhile Scott is gonna do a quick filming of his next movie and then it will start with the Covenant sequel and we will get it in 2019 or something like that.

Kane's other son

I bet that if Fox is confident about course correcting, they' ll try to have something ready for the franchise's 40th anniversary, in 2019.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley takes a back seat and acts as a producer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed