When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 73,486 times)

Juicy

I for one am glad that Fox still have Ridley on board for the franchise, I mean, why wouldn't they -- Covenant wasn't a critical failure, and I pretty much only read the top critics on RT (74%). Regardless of anyone's feelings regarding the last two entries there's no denying that Fassbender has added some much needed class to the series, and frankly all the appeals to mystery seem mostly emotionally motivated and ignore the crux of Giger's aesthetic; which wasn't so much predicated on mystery as much as the erotic and grotesque transfiguration of sex, death and technology combined.                                                             Stumbling on an alien parasite already preadapted to infect a human host is also just not possible without a history of co-evolution anyway; pathogenesis requires an established intimacy, heck the facehugger KNOWS to provide the host oxygen, and it had to have recognised specific human proteins, cells, etc, in order to thwart the immune system's defences and use the host as an incubator.                                                                                                                                                                        I don't know what would motivate some elephantine Old Ones to create such a messy, penile creature -- it's so evocative of human sex organs, after all -- but I do know what would motivate a sexually impotent, emotionally paradoxical and mad android. Love it or loathe it, it's logical.

Didn't like it.

Didn't like it.

The top critics gave it a 6.7/10 tho, that 75% is just how many gave it a positive score.

oram

For an Android, David has aged quite a lot when this series ever ends  ::)

Don't hurry, FOX. You have all the time in the world.  ::)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm sick of prequels in general. I think they need to do a sequel to Resurrection and finish off Ripley's story. I take it over the happy ending retcon idea that they wanted to do by removing Alien 3. 

Evanus

Eh, Ripley's story ended in 3. That's how I see it, at least.

Darth Vile

Yep, I have no desire to see the continued adventures of septuagenarian half xeno/half human Ripley...

XENOMORPHOSIS

There are comics, novels and other expanded material that explores what happened after Resurrection, owing to its reputation its unlikely to get a sequel, the closest we're likely to get is a low budget direct to DVD sequel but doesn't featuring returning characters.

In spite of wanting Alien5, its been so long that the chances are it'll never happen. What is probable is what was suggest in the report of Fox Re-assessing the series, once they complete the Prequels leading up to Alien they'll go soft reboot and have a movie taking place after the other films but doesn't act as Alien 5 or an alternative Alien3 but features new characters in a separate incident. Would love one more adventure with Ripley but not any time soon.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Evanus on Sep 23, 2017, 06:03:11 PM
Eh, Ripley's story ended in 3. That's how I see it, at least.

Yeah I agree. I think the 4th Alien film should have been something that started a new trilogy with all new characters.

SM

That was the intent originally.

Alien³

Goddamn that would have been interesting.

DualBlade

DualBlade

Whats good folks.

Like everyone here I'm a die hard Alien fan and actually I loved Covenant, there were some scenes that took me out a little bit from the initial feel but overall I did end up enjoying it, I for one would love to see the continuation next.

Sooo, this leaves us thinking, Since Alien 5 was said to be shelved and after the disappointment results for Covenant ... would it make only sense if we were to have this film feature AFTER the alien series, hence becoming the Alien 5 we all would be curious to see? Here's my pitch ...

... The Covenant ship is floating in space, its destination perhaps is the planet of the engineers (or so David THINKS is their location which could still be clouded in secrecy), Both Daniels and Tennessee are still in habitation sleep. Some where in space a strange 'Croissant' like ship appears at the planet 4 to check upon their 'experiments' only to find their disembodiment corpse on the floor. Having examined all they find out that David was responsible and so head after him.

Many, many years later there is a orbital star base, the logo 'WY' on the surface. Aboard the massive base is various military personal as well as other 100 - 1000 of tech doctors working on increasing experiments on military hard ware, their Bio-mechanical weapons. Aboard we see back familiar faces, Newt (Now well grown up) Hicks (war marks from his previous encounter with the Aliens) and last but by no means least ... Ellen Ripley. Their having been place under military confinement due to all the events from ALIENS (ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RESSURRECTION were good but story went off in another direction).

During the course of the story we would be re-introduced to the spaceship, the Covenant as well as the Engineers, if your talking about a least bringing THIS chapter to a close, then what better way. I have pend out a rough story of where this series I feel can.

What can I say? I'm a massive fan and eager to see the connection weave in and out.

monkeylove

In the end, it boils down to money.

PierreVW

Ridley Scott is pragmatic. So:

1.- NO Katherine Waterston or Danny McBride.

2.- NO Noomi Rapace.

3.- NO Ripley.

3.- Make Tom Hardy and his Colonial Marines Versus Michael Fassbender and his Aliens.

Huge moneymaker.

tleilaxu

Quote from: PierreVW on Sep 25, 2017, 11:20:49 PM

2.- NO Noomi Rapace.

3.- NO Ripley.

3.- Make Tom Hardy and his Colonial Marines Versus Michael Fassbender and his Aliens.

Huge moneymaker.
What is it with you and your fascination for Tom Hardon?

PierreVW

Quote from: tleilaxu on Sep 26, 2017, 08:42:50 PM
Quote from: PierreVW on Sep 25, 2017, 11:20:49 PM

2.- NO Noomi Rapace.

3.- NO Ripley.

Huge moneymaker.
What is it with you and your fascination for Tom Hardon?

Tom Hardy is a great actor but it could be any other great actor.

Ridley Scott worked with: Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Russell Crowe and Christian Bale. It could be any of those 5. A great actor to be a manly General of the Colonial Marines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed