Will you feel cheated if Ridley reverses himself again...

Started by Local Trouble, Sep 17, 2017, 10:26:07 PM

Disappointed?  Cheated?  Betrayed?

Yes
No
Don't care either way
Other (see my reply)
Author
Will you feel cheated if Ridley reverses himself again... (Read 4,893 times)

Deadmeat

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 18, 2017, 08:25:30 AM
People will complain regardless what happens. I'd just rather Ridley finish what he's doing.

There's no avoiding this. Even if the next movie would be as close to "perfect" as possible, tying up all loose ends in a way that pleases fans with different opinions/expectations, it's just the general mood & atmosphere fans are in right now. People are disappointed and tired, and will find anything to pick on.

whiterabbit

It this or more blue tiger nosed/horse tailed fiberoptic aliens from pandora.

Jonesy1974

So long as its as entertaining and enjoyable as Prometheus and Covenant have been then I'm happy whichever direction it goes.

ChrisPachi

Quote...and reveals that the aliens are indeed an ancient creation of the space jockeys in the next movie?

The cheat is the Alien being created at all. There is an entire movies worth of exposition needed to undo that.

Vermillion

Quote from: necrotard on Sep 18, 2017, 05:31:44 AM
I'll only feel cheated if the loose ends of Covenant aren't tied up with one more film.

Ummm. What loose ends?
It's a completely telegraphed movie and the ending tells us exactly where the potential next movie is headed.

Scorpio

Covenant ended on a cliffhanger, but it also had a satisfying ending in terms of David's character.

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 18, 2017, 11:34:07 AM
Covenant ended on a cliffhanger, but it also had a satisfying ending in terms of David's character.

I guess you could call it a cliffhanger, but Prometheus was more of a cliffhanger for me. Covenant is more of a downbeat/twist ending rather than a full cliffhanger. Most of the audience probably left thinking that was just it, finished, David won.

Plenty of shows and movies have that type of ending and never get another sniff regardless.

Evanus

If they change their minds again.. I wouldn't mind. Although I suppose it would be slightly annoying because it makes Covenant mostly pointless.

Local Trouble

From the poll results, I gather that few tears will be shed if Ridley's "more interesting" direction is changed.  :laugh:

Rudiger

I'm past caring now.

After Alien and Aliens I was so excited going into Alien 3. That feeling lasted about ten minutes. Everything since has been more and more disappointing.

There's always a chance Scott could make a decent movie by accident, but I doubt it.

Ingwar

Cheated? I don't care anymore.

Le Celticant

I was never a fan of the Prometheus direction from day one it was announced. That's when I started to feel cheated.
Part of what I always considered Alien to be great at is mystery and taking care for each movie to tell the story it needed.
I also remember loving how the movie uplifted itself and the Sci Fi elements sounding like a B Cheesy movie but actually ending up in the league of an A masterpiece. I even think the second and third one can be contenders to that categories.
Prometheus since day one showed that it was an A movie that tried to dumb down everything it could and most of all, kill every mysteries in Alien (Covenant followed that rules too).
I'm personally not in favor of the Creationist / Heliocentric / Self-Centered engineer story which is millions of light years beneath extraterestrial life theories of nowadays (just hear NASA and ESA speaks of Enceladus, Europa and how our own galaxy is a home that has just in a 2000 light years radius around Sol so many candidates in the habitable zone to have life and who knows what other things we know nothing of now?) It feels quite empty and really not dangerous at all which is probably what bother me the most with the Alien now and how I feel cheated, it's just a bit monster with claws that was created in a lab from pre-existing common species.
What strike me most is the uninspired non original way the licence has now taken. It's following the AVP Formula where the creature is a pretext to make an action / horror movie because very little material from the franchise it tried to establish remains. It's like taking Star Wars on earth nowadays and the only link would be because you have a jedi having a light-saber working with Iron Man who then explains that Luke Offspring populated every galaxies in the cosmos and so we are all children of Luke and it took them a long time and they are from a far distant galaxy (dafuq right?)

What surprises me most about Covenant is how this sequel to Prometheus is a 180° from it.

Local Trouble

Scorpio

It's clear the Engineers worship some kind of God, with all the statues of humanoid heads. 

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed