I hope Keegan-Michael Key is funny in this movie

Started by Ash 937, Sep 17, 2017, 04:24:09 AM

Author
I hope Keegan-Michael Key is funny in this movie (Read 2,584 times)

Ash 937

Some Key and Peele humor would be nice. 

Anyone else think that the cast of The Predator can inject some humor into the franchise?  Don't forget that Shane Black wrote Lethal Weapon which is a proper 80's action flick with a bunch of comedy in it. I can't see Black's choice to cast Key as anything short of keeping with that tradition.  Jake Busey is also a very funny guy.

BishopShouldGo

Black and Key engage in smart, clever comedy. So I fully expect it. Wouldn't mind some serious scenes with Key too though. Give me the whole range.

Like McBride.

BigDaddyJohn

Yes there will be a fair amount of humor according to what i know from the script. And from what i remember, plenty of characters gets to be funny.

Ash 937

Would be cool if they also made the deaths funny too like they did with Jesse Ventura and Carl Weathers in the original movie.

BigDaddyJohn

Lol you found Weathers and Ventura's deaths funny ?

Ok maybe a little with Ventura, with the little animal he see just before getting shot, but Weathers i must say i don't see it at all.

Olde

I think his arm getting shot off and still firing the gun is a bit larger than life. Great scene, but I can see people laughing at it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 17, 2017, 01:40:16 PM
Would be cool if they also made the deaths funny too like they did with Jesse Ventura and Carl Weathers in the original movie.

I can honestly say I never thought of Blain or Dillions death as funny. I mean, the Predator had some good laughs in it. As did Predator 2 and Predators.

I expect there to be a good amount of humor in The Predator. The script I read had some good chuckles in it but that thing was old by the time filming came around. I expect there's still a good level of humor in the finished fim. I think humor is pretty well placed within a Predator film.

Ash 937

'It' is a horror movie that is also scary too.  Would be cool if Shane Black can make his movie funny like that even though it might be harder because The Predator won't have a clown in it to lighten things up.  Again, that's why the deaths have to be the funny parts.

Stealth_Hunter

I never thought any of the deaths were funny. Can't see any reason to laugh during those scenes, they were pretty gruesome and serious in tone imo, which was fantastic.

I also disagree that The Predator needs humorous death scenes. If anything, the character building/dialogue during down time should be what is funny.

Ash 937

Well then when the character building parts happen one of the characters should be a clown so that he can do funny stuff.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think we need a clown character but moments of levity are more than welcome and as I said earlier, would be well in place.

Huntsman

A Predator can walk into a bar and say "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle".

BigDaddyJohn

I believe there is a bar scene in The Predator, IIRC.

DavidCollins

My guess is the bar scene is where The Loonies gets to show their hand to hand skills. They probably get into a fight with some bikers and they wipe the floor with them and then get away with their bikes. Hence the quote "Get to the chopperrr".

Master Chief

If there is comedy, I hope it's done before the Predator shows up and starts killing people.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed