After Alien Covenant and The Predator will Fox green light a new AVP?

Started by GreybackElder, Sep 15, 2017, 04:01:29 PM

Author
After Alien Covenant and The Predator will Fox green light a new AVP? (Read 2,106 times)

GreybackElder

With Alien Covenant out and The Predator due to release August, 2018, does anyone feel that Fox might try to reboot the AVP franchise? I know much of this hinges on the success of both films, but I can't help feel thier trying to gear us up for something. I would love to see a proper AVP film. Perhaps one set in space on a ship or a colony on some distant planet. On an even playing field. Not where 1 predator is crushing a whole colony of aliens But a really battle between the two.  Where the tide of battle could change at a moments notice. I'd love to see A clan of predators trying to eradicate a nest! That's just me fan boying though.

Russ840

Russ840

This should probably be asked in the Movie sub forum.

GreybackElder

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 15, 2017, 04:20:39 PM
This should probably be asked in the Movie sun forum.
Okay. Where can I find that?

Corporal Hicks

I think Alien: Covenant's lukewarm reception will likely keep back any hopes of a renewed AvP. We'll have to see how The Predator does too but I think we're still a while away from getting a new one.

I do think that when/if they do a new one it needs to return to something more like the original comic with the future setting and a colony or spaceship or something. I do think restricted numbers is a great idea too. There needs to just be a few of each species and each encounter really needs to matter.

Naissus

I wouldn't mind the studios making AVP: Prey.  At the very least a CG or anime version.

PsyKore

Quote from: Naissus on Sep 30, 2017, 04:05:44 PM
I wouldn't mind the studios making AVP: Prey.  At the very least a CG or anime version.

I think them making animated films has been a missed opportunity for a long time. Would be nice to get a few of them on the side between the main movies.

OpenMaw

I highly doubt we'll ever get another AVP movie.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think sometime in the 2020's or later. Right now, I don't see us getting one since we have P4 coming out next summer. I doubt they can fit one in 2019.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed