Tarantino on Alien 3

Started by Local Trouble, Sep 11, 2017, 09:00:25 PM

Author
Tarantino on Alien 3 (Read 7,309 times)

A-L-I-E-N

A-L-I-E-N

I always liked Alien 3. Seeing it as a kid I never nit-picked it for consistency or bad CGI. I prefer the Newt and Hicks live storyline but as far as being a good 3rd film and closing the story it was good (should not have been "Resurrected").

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 12, 2017, 09:20:40 AM
Tarantino is dead right. Alien 3 (both versions) is a worthy follow up and conclusion to Ripley's story.

Which is better?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 12, 2017, 07:31:53 AM
The other guy is simon pegg from the sounds of it.
This is from the Spaced commentaries. Tarantino was a special guest.

Hide

Hide

Although I Find theatrical cut unwatchable the assembly cut is a worthy follow up to Aliens and has some very original ideas that today's sequels lack.

But I would not mind to see Blombkamp's Alien 3².

I think it would be great to see Ripley and the gang again. Concept art was very promising. I wish we could go back to Biomechanical visuals and nightmerish alien creatures and get rid all the Michelangelo/Android in Pompeii nonsense.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Hide on Sep 12, 2017, 10:02:42 PM
the assembly cut is a worthy follow up to Aliens and has some very original ideas that today's sequels lack.

Quote from: Hide on Sep 12, 2017, 10:02:42 PM
I think it would be great to see Ripley and the gang again. Concept art was very promising. I wish we could go back to Biomechanical visuals and nightmerish alien creatures and get rid all the Michelangelo/Android in Pompeii nonsense.

SM

SM

:D

Pretty sure the "worthy ideas" were in both cuts.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 12, 2017, 07:31:53 AM
The other guy is simon pegg from the sounds of it.

It is. I think this is from the collector's edition of SPACED released in the US. It has a bunch of guest commentaries with other directors ( such as Tarantino and Kevin Smith) as well as the stars of the show.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2017, 10:27:00 PM
Pretty sure the "worthy ideas" were in both cuts.

100% sure, I'd say.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Olde on Sep 12, 2017, 09:27:40 AM
killing off Hicks and Newt

Not really a problem for Alien 3.  Might have been a problem for Aliens if that happened.  But Alien 3 is not Aliens.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 12, 2017, 05:01:38 PM
Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 12, 2017, 09:20:40 AM
Tarantino is dead right. Alien 3 (both versions) is a worthy follow up and conclusion to Ripley's story.

Which is better?
The assembly cut, but I don't have a big problem with the theatrical version.

I like the fact Newt and Hicks were killed off. The Alien took everything from Ripley. Getting impregnated gave her purpose, and that was to destroy the Queen and die in the process. It's bleak stuff but brilliant in my opinion. This is not a fairytale.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 13, 2017, 12:28:27 AM
Quote from: Olde on Sep 12, 2017, 09:27:40 AM
killing off Hicks and Newt

Not really a problem for Alien 3.  Might have been a problem for Aliens if that happened.  But Alien 3 is not Aliens.

Exactly. It shocked me when i was a kid, but it's good because it was supposed to. Of course i liked them, but i never saw any problem with it, it made sense with Alien 3's tone and depressed mood.

Local Trouble

SM

SM

Casuals.

;D

PsyKore

PsyKore

I never got the love for the assembly cut. I have the greatest admiration for Alien 3, too. The extra scenes and the whole Golic thing just didn't serve much purpose to the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed