Human Media

Started by SM, Sep 05, 2017, 11:28:44 PM

Author
Human Media (Read 4,529 times)

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Hide on Sep 10, 2017, 12:02:57 AM
The whole franchise is full of inconsistencies, so trying to be consistent to the graphics of Alien, after Prometheus was so much further away, doesn't help much though it is welcomed.

Too bad the franchise, after the huge flop that A:C was, is now "in limbo".
Alien: Covenant wasn't a huge flop. It would be great if you could stop infecting this place with your negative nonsense. I'm quite sure everyone is getting tired of it.

Hide

Hide

I'm sorry I didn't like the film.
But please stay on topic which is the graphics of the movie and no my personal opinion on the film.

Graphics are cool, but inconsistent as a prequel to Alien and sequel to Prometheus, much like the whole movie.

Evanus

Evanus

You can dislike the film all you want, I don't care. Just stop whining about it here and do something useful with your time.

SM

SM

Quote from: Hide on Sep 10, 2017, 12:16:44 AM
But please stay on topic which is the graphics of the movie and no my personal opinion on the film.

Graphics are cool, but inconsistent as a prequel to Alien and sequel to Prometheus, much like the whole movie.

Nevermind the stuff that is consistent as pointed out by FenGiddel.  There's stuff that people might find cool and it simply must be miserably and constantly whined about!!

Olde

Olde

I think Hide's point is that there are so many other glaring inconsistencies with A:C that who cares if certain stills on a blu-ray that you can barely make out in the actual film are callbacks to the visuals of a much better movie from over thirty years ago, where they didn't bother to make most of the other technological media identical or consistent?

Really, there's a Phillips logo on one side of the stills? Are any of us supposed to be impressed by that?

SiL

SiL

Yes, we know that the point is "But the film has issues, why would you possibly like anything in it?"

We can still appreciate the level of detail and artistry that goes into these blink-and-you'll-miss it graphics.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Hide on Sep 10, 2017, 12:02:57 AM
The whole franchise is full of inconsistencies, so trying to be consistent to the graphics of Alien, after Prometheus was so much further away, doesn't help much though it is welcomed.

Too bad the franchise, after the huge flop that A:C was, is now "in limbo".

are you even circumsized?

Quote from: Hide on Sep 10, 2017, 12:16:44 AM

I got that message 81 posts ago.

You wanna go for a ride where not you shit on A:C but I shit on your posts constantly, so that I would put off you from here, instead of you doing to that to pretty much everyone else?

And by the way I know I shouldn't have said any of this, but I did, and I will not edit it, either.

Olde

Olde

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2017, 04:29:03 AM
Yes, we know that the point is "But the film has issues, why would you possibly like anything in it?"

We can still appreciate the level of detail and artistry that goes into these blink-and-you'll-miss it graphics.
I can appreciate the reference as a nice touch or nod to the Alien film, but I don't see it as anything more than that. Even if it's actually one of the best parts of the film.

SiL

SiL

Yes, and what's the problem with enjoying it?

I really don't understand, why is it worth putting the least amount of effort into attempting to piss on people's parades ??? They like it. It's a nice touch. It's something to enjoy. Why is this a problem for you two at all?

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

I'd be impressed by this attention to detail if the attention to detail was a consistent element throughout the film, but we're talking about a film where nobody bothered to apply makeup on Ridley Scott's own Engineers to make them look like Engineers...With such a lack of attention to visuals that actually have consequence on the story, I honestly wouldn't care if those monitors were featuring 2 girls 1 cup reruns.

The way I see it, all the attention to detail in this film went to things that can serve as callbacks to the original Alien: The main (rushed) title, the nods to Jerry Goldsmith's score, and now this. The point, it seems, was to get fans to point at the screen and scream 'I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!', rather than to use the visuals in actual storytelling.

I get that some fans find it interesting and I'm glad for them, but to me it just comes off as cynical an offensive.

Olde

Olde

In my defense, I didn't initiate the negativity. I was just trying to show that I could see where Hide's coming from. He receives shit in every thread he's in. Granted I guess some of it is warranted if it's completely off-topic, but I don't think it's really too far out there. As for the others who saw and were impressed by the reference just for the sake of recognising it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsdra1kB6ng#t=1m57s

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Sep 10, 2017, 06:44:00 AM
I'd be impressed by this attention to detail if the attention to detail was a consistent element throughout the film, but we're talking about a film where nobody bothered to apply makeup on Ridley Scott's own Engineers to make them look like Engineers...
They're all clearly wearing makeup.

Quote from: Olde on Sep 10, 2017, 06:59:59 AM
In my defense, I didn't initiate the negativity. I was just trying to show that I could see where Hide's coming from. He receives shit in every thread he's in. Granted I guess some of it is warranted if it's completely off-topic, but I don't think it's really too far out there.
He found the one thing he could twist into an excuse to trash the movie. That's the problem. It's fine to dislike the movie. I don't like the movie. But I also don't go and find the oooooone thing in every conversation about it that I can use as a launching pad for complaining.

That's the problem.

The fact that people are going out of their way here to turn the conversation in such a way to give themselves an excuse to complain is just truly bizarre. Some people put some hard work into some neat design elements. If people don't give a shit -- cool! But if they don't give a shit, why waste time explaining that they don't give a shit?

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2017, 07:14:03 AM
Quote from: Paranoid Android on Sep 10, 2017, 06:44:00 AM
I'd be impressed by this attention to detail if the attention to detail was a consistent element throughout the film, but we're talking about a film where nobody bothered to apply makeup on Ridley Scott's own Engineers to make them look like Engineers...
They're all clearly wearing makeup.
This is wearing makeup:

This is casual Tuesday:

SiL

SiL

Eyebrows, brow ridges, pale skin -- it's all make up. Less prosthetic makeup, but still makeup.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2017, 07:22:38 AM
Eyebrows, brow ridges, pale skin -- it's all make up. Less prosthetic makeup, but still makeup.
Come on, man, stop being willfully dense. You know what the point was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed