Ripley + Facehugger in Alien Resurrection

Started by Hudson, Aug 25, 2017, 02:39:41 PM

Author
Ripley + Facehugger in Alien Resurrection (Read 6,065 times)

SM

No just a catastrophe in Paris would suffice.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 26, 2017, 01:31:01 PM
There was the white-hybrids in AVP:DOTS but that was a weird story. Basically the white-hybrids were intelligent creatures comprised of Aliens, predators and human. One of their facehuggers apparently impregnated an Alien Queen. However, I doubt Xenos could normally implant another.

Was that really what happened in DOTS? I've only read it the once, struggled through it and since largely purged it from my memory.  :laugh:

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 26, 2017, 02:58:48 PM
Based on the lore Alien:Covenant sets up regarding the time required for a facehugger to impregnate someone, Ripley did not remove the facehugger on time. She gave birth to an alien off-screen after the credits rolled, thus ending all life on Earth.

The Aliens in Resurrection were corrupted so they're not quite as effective as David's original breed.  :P

SiL

The Aliens used swords, could mimic speech like Predators, and one person who was impregnated with a Queen got gold-coated to allow her to be in space without a suit.

f**k DOTS.

SM

Srsly.

I read it again recently to try and make sense of it for the umpteenth time - and it just doesn't make any sense.  The history of Ash Parnall doesn't make sense.  How Toy comes into being doesn't make sense.  How Karen is chestbursted - then returns as Ash.  None of it makes any sense at all.

After watching Covenant again I do wonder if Bichir wasn't mucking around when he said he was impregnated through his cheek when David puts the new dressing on his face on the lifter.  Lope screams all the time the hugger is on him.  The hugger obviously could've done what it needed to, but watching it again it made me think.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 29, 2017, 09:52:18 AM
The Aliens in Resurrection were corrupted so they're not quite as effective as David's original breed.  :P
David's original breed does not yet have the DBZ power levelz required to reach its final form, so corrupted original alien = David's poverty alien.  :P  :P

Hudson

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Aug 29, 2017, 04:51:21 AM
No just a catastrophe in Paris would suffice.

And what would destroy Paris, outside of an attack, which would lead to WWIII?

SM

Apart from the Eiffel Tower, it doesn't look terribly destroyed.  Most of the other buildings are intact.

There's two centuries for things to occur that don't amount a global catastrophe.

Chernobyl was inhabited for centuries too before the nuclear accident.

Scorpio

Scorpio

You're just grasping at straws.  The French would not let the Eiffel Tower get damaged like that, they would repair it immediately, if the damage was localised only to Paris.

And if it was a Chernobyl event, then why did the Betty land there?  Surely they would have known.  May as well land in Fukushima or Chernobyl if they're going to do that.

Another reason why Paris is post-apocalypse is because of Delicatessen, another film by Jeunet, because Paris was not in the script by Joss Whedon. 

Post-apocalyptic France in Delicatessen:

SM

SM

QuoteYou're just grasping at straws.

And - as usual - you're making things up then touting them as truths.

QuoteAnd if it was a Chernobyl event, then why did the Betty land there?  Surely they would have known.  May as well land in Fukushima or Chernobyl if they're going to do that.

Maybe those areas are now re-populated.  Paris isn't.

Ultramorph

If we accept Sea of Sorrows, Paris was fine before the Auriga trashed it.

SM

Sea of Sorrows is wrong, and if one wishes can be put down to Chinese Whispers.

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Aug 31, 2017, 01:43:40 AM
QuoteYou're just grasping at straws.

And - as usual - you're making things up then touting them as truths.

Firstly, wrong discussion.  Secondly, I'm not making stuff up, I'm just going by what's on screen and behind the scenes.  The only evidence to the contrary is some vague references in the comics.  So who is making stuff up?

QuoteAnd if it was a Chernobyl event, then why did the Betty land there?  Surely they would have known.  May as well land in Fukushima or Chernobyl if they're going to do that.

Maybe those areas are now re-populated.  Paris isn't.

Given that nuclear contamination lasts thousands of years, I highly doubt it.

SiL

The contaminatiin issue depends on a lot of factors.

SM

QuoteSo who is making stuff up?

Considering you're equating Paris destroyed = world is an abandoned wasteland.

The film tells us it's neither abandoned nor a wasteland.

So in answer to your question - you're making stuff up.  Still.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed