How to add bot in skirmish maps?

Started by NeoXenoPred, Aug 20, 2017, 07:35:48 AM

Author
How to add bot in skirmish maps? (Read 2,607 times)

NeoXenoPred

Hello, i wanted to know how to add a bot into a skirmish map. I have played windebieste's skirmish maps and i loved it. The only thing i want is the enemy is not Aliens, but some sort of gladiator match between the player(an Alien) and Predators which will come to the arena one by one to kill you. I want to change the bots in windebieste battlepit map from Aliens to Predators. Any help will be apreciated  :)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: NeoXenoPred on Aug 20, 2017, 07:35:48 AM
I want to change the bots in windebieste battlepit map from Aliens to Predators. Any help will be apreciated  :)

Did you get permission to edit someone else map? or did he say anyone can edit it in the readme?

windebieste

You can't change the AI present in the map without altering the spawn points in the actual raw map file and recompile it. 

As the raw .ed file for the map you describe hasn't been released, you won't be able to do so. 

I could do it myself sometime and re-release the map but my workload at the moment is a little prohibitive.  Maybe later.  No promises.  Nonetheless, I still have at least one more old map I want to tidy up and release - just haven't gotten around to it just yet.

-Windebieste.

NeoXenoPred

Haven't, but if copyright won't allow me that's fine. I guess so, thanks windebieste. You made some great maps and i like it. Maybe if i were to alter your map i should get permission from you first. So once again thank you.

windebieste

Right now, I have multiple projects on the go and they're currently holding me back from doing any 'AvP2' modding.  I just don't have the time right now.  That will change but the earliest I will be available to do so is next year.

We'll get there - All too soon, actually.  lol.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed