Noomi Rapace on Alien Covenant

Started by 0321recon, Aug 17, 2017, 08:34:31 PM

Author
Noomi Rapace on Alien Covenant (Read 4,585 times)

BishopShouldGo

I'm not talking about the way she died I just mean they handled her character's exit smoothly, as smoothly as "From Main Character to Footnote" can get. It wasn't as jarring a landing as it could've been.

juxtapose

. .i am glad to see that she does'nt seem to be very upset about her character being written out. .i neither loved nor hated shaw. .but one of my few criticisms of covenant would be that they should have given her just a tiny bit more of a farewell. .and what made them deside to delete the crossing?. .that was just plain silly. .anyhoo if we ever get a sequal to the prequal. .then i would not mind a quick appearance. .even tho i slightly prefer the character and performance of waterston. .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TWJones on Aug 18, 2017, 04:37:14 PM
Haha, just noticed "The Evil Dictator," I think you forgot to add the "Almighty and Distinguished."

Hicks, you do a great job maintaining a civil environment, which isn't always easy.

Lol, the Dictator thing has been there a while but I'm gonna see if I have the character space for Almighty and Distinguished.  :laugh: And thank you.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 18, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

Maybe they're saving the deleted footage between her and David for another movie?

I'm not sure how much more there is. IIRC the Crossing short was pretty much all that was the in the earlier test screenings.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 18, 2017, 07:11:15 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Shaw gets cloned?

If the blood is taken from her while she was alive and David doing some experiments, what unexpected benefits do you think we might end up with?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Theu should have kept the crossing in the film. Just extend the part where it shows the engineer holocaust.

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2017, 05:46:23 PM
Quote from: TWJones on Aug 18, 2017, 04:37:14 PM
Haha, just noticed "The Evil Dictator," I think you forgot to add the "Almighty and Distinguished."

Hicks, you do a great job maintaining a civil environment, which isn't always easy.

Lol, the Dictator thing has been there a while but I'm gonna see if I have the character space for Almighty and Distinguished.  :laugh: And thank you.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 18, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

Maybe they're saving the deleted footage between her and David for another movie?

I'm not sure how much more there is. IIRC the Crossing short was pretty much all that was the in the earlier test screenings.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 18, 2017, 07:11:15 PM
Wouldn't it be great if Shaw gets cloned?

If the blood is taken from her while she was alive and David doing some experiments, what unexpected benefits do you think we might end up with?

I thought the editor said that there was twelve minutes of deleted footage between Shaw and David? Maybe I misread the quote from the interview.

Evanus

Evanus

Yes, I'm pretty sure Scalia mentioned 12 minutes of cut footage that bridges the gap between Prometheus and Covenant. The Crossing is much shorter than that, so that can't be it.

0321recon

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 19, 2017, 07:51:51 PM
I thought the editor said that there was twelve minutes of deleted footage between Shaw and David? Maybe I misread the quote from the interview.

You're right regarding the alternate 12 minute Prologue.

From Pietro Scalia's interview

QuoteThere were a lot more scenes that connect directly to Prometheus but structurally it didn't work to have two or three scenes or about 12 mins. of film that connect one film to the next. And then start the actual story of AC. I think that the prologue scene with Weyland and David sets up the thematic of creation in a more cinematically elegant and concise way.  In the overall context of the film, Prometheus, connects halfway through Alien Covenant as a flashback. At a point when it was important to tell what happened to the Engineers planet, the destruction, and the truth yet a hidden lie on David's part. It could possibly help answer some questions for people who had seen Prometheus, but I don't think it takes away from people who hadn't. We also tried to have two flashbacks, when David touches Shaw's grave and explains to Walter what happened and how she died, again another misdirection from David. On the Fox AC website you see some of these deleted prologue scenes and flashbacks that became part of the marketing campaign to engage viewers who wanted to know more of how the two films are connected.

https://www.provideocoalition.com/AOTC-alien-covenant-SCALIA?utm_content=buffereeef3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

whiterabbit

If Ridley resurrects Shaw that would set up the greatest vs movie in years. Ripley08 vs David08 vs Shaw08 ... damn I'm starting to see a pattern here.

SM

SM

Kick big goals in China.

Corporal Hicks

Not watched it yet but - http://collider.com/noomi-rapace-interview-unlocked/

Apparently she talks Covenant.

Hide

Hide

She calls Ridley "unpredictable"...

Yes, it is pretty obvious he doesn't have a big plan for the series.
He is just messing around with us.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Hide on Aug 31, 2017, 11:02:50 AM
She calls Ridley "unpredictable"...

Yes, it is pretty obvious he doesn't have a big plan for the series.
He is just messing around with us.

He had themes he wanted to explore. As for "messing around with us," the prequels weren't his idea of a practical joke on the fans, but he did want to incite discussion and debate.

BishopShouldGo

I still can't believe between the writers of Edge of Tomorrow, Blade Runner: 2049, Logan, Skyfall and Gladiator, we couldn't get a good, complex, satisfying, cerebral sci-fi horror film. Just a bunch of no-name Australians running around on planets and ships and quotes of this and that and exposition and horror tropes played straight.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 31, 2017, 06:01:56 PM
I still can't believe between the writers of Edge of Tomorrow, Blade Runner: 2049, Logan, Skyfall and Gladiator, we couldn't get a good, complex, satisfying, cerebral sci-fi horror film. Just a bunch of no-name Australians running around on planets and ships and quotes of this and that and exposition and horror tropes played straight.

The problem was Prometheus, it was poorly written from the beginning. Fox weren't going to double down on cerebral sci-fi again. They dumbed it down, which I thought worked better in Covenant, and relied on tropes like you said.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Aug 18, 2017, 12:08:59 AM
She was in Covenant ten years after her character died. No reason she couldn't in another film in a similar capacity.

Do we know for certain she was killed ten years before Covenant? Her body seems remarkably well preserved for it have been a decade.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed