Cameron on Alien Covenant

Started by 0321recon, Aug 10, 2017, 09:55:22 PM

Author
Cameron on Alien Covenant (Read 59,785 times)

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

No irony. T-800 had a perfect resolution. Shaw did not.

"I will not stop search-" SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH here's a gravestone and a picture!!

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 11, 2017, 07:28:24 PM

I really doubt it's fake. James Cameron is a huge fanboy of Ridley Scott.

I remembered Cameron even loved THE COUNSELOR after the bad reviews.

James is a fan of George Lucas and Zack Snyder too. He doesn't care about RT or MetaCritic.

I remembered he loved BATMAN V SUPERMAN and THE STAR WARS PREQUELS.

lv_226

lv_226

In some alternate universe,there is a version of Covenant that fulfills this narrative of Shaw and David's head in the Engineer world. I think that it still would made for a compelling movie—especially had they kept David's Luciferian turn. With David being glitchy and having something of a God complex, it would only be a matter of time before he turned on Elizabeth. It would have played out very well—at least in the way it does via my imagination.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: lv_226 on Aug 11, 2017, 07:55:29 PM

In some alternate universe,there is a version of Covenant that fulfills this narrative of Shaw and David's head in the Engineer world. I think that it still would made for a compelling movie—especially had they kept David's Luciferian turn. With David being glitchy and having something of a God complex, it would only be a matter of time before he turned on Elizabeth. It would have played out very well—at least in the way it does via my imagination.

David was always evil.

David intoxicated/killed the boyfriend of Shaw in PROMETHEUS.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: PierreVW on Aug 11, 2017, 08:25:21 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Aug 11, 2017, 07:55:29 PM

David was always evil.

David intoxicated/killed the boyfriend of Shaw in PROMETHEUS.

Personally I don't think David was evil, or is evil. I think he is a morally ambiguous character who views the species around him with detached interest, and always has done. That's what the Covenant prologue sets up that explains his measured and patient approach in Prometheus.: his desire for his parent/master to die, but in his own time, by his (Weyland's) misguided belief in his own importance.

Re: Cameron, he doesn't really ever make dark toned nihilistic films, the hero is the hero and that's that. But Titanic is another one that flies in the face of his statement. Just saying.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: PierreVW on Aug 11, 2017, 07:41:10 PM

James is a fan of George Lucas and Zack Snyder too. He doesn't care about RT or MetaCritic.

I uh, I uh didn't say it was fake.

SM

SM

Quote from: Ultra predator morph on Aug 11, 2017, 05:30:52 PM
yeah, i am making my own avp comic - 500 pages almost  - AC and future titles allready had me concerned before the release of AC and it has only proved itself to be a waste of money and time - it is visualy goodlooking, some of the action is cool but makes no sense - AC is the worst example of science fiction ever - What characters do you mean Cameron ? their hardly are any characters in the movie - they all die because of cheer and utter stupidity ,skipping on the coincidences of the spaceship needing a recharge wich coincides with a "neutron" blast wich should be easely detectable btw , and the captain dying because of it, and the ship needing repairs - just when a message from the prometheus reaches one of the workers helmet ( instead of the big ass Covenant ship itself ) the characters change course because a christian moron is made captain. - all of them trained , somehow disregard their helmets all together when landing on a planet that has FREAKING LIVE ON IT ! complex enough to have a biodome of plants... so obviously has pathogens, microbes, germs, microscopic live unknow to mankind. , they proceed to remain blatantly unaware as the move throughout the surface of the world - ofcourse getting infected by some black gue pathogen to small to see - Instantly characters ( with no name, because, who are they ??? ) just die , left and right - what is even less believable is when the first neomorph is born - it is super thin, its leg and arm bones look to be about the width of fire matches - the fullgrown woman gave the super fragile looking neomorph a firm kick with a big ass boot, sending it flying - wich should have broken the neomorphs body in a hundred places.  2 times a person falls over blood - the neomorph, slightly larger gets shot several times in the field scene - suffering not so much as a scratch... it must be made of Ademantium like wolverine... later they follow David robot ( worst angle in the movie is David ) cross an open graveyard of thousands of dead , infected corpses... - when the neomorph returns, being an adult mind you --- it INSTANTLY DIE'S DUE TO A FEW SHOTS FIRED BY THE CAPTAIN - this is absurd illogic at its best... smaller animals are more fragile then their adult form... otherwise, why grow up ??? - anyways David somehow is father to the jesus Alien wich is really really bad writting... because somehow in the big space of the universe - Mankind is the origin point of a creature wich is also the movie name - ALIEN - if human engineers build the black gue - and then a human android from earth made the alien - it is no longer an Alien being - it is a human creation... this is a kick in the ass - Luckely i am smart enough to convince myself from seeing these movies as being even remotely connected to Alien 1979. - blindly trusting that Walter managed to kill David ( wich by all means should have been the case , as Walter sais, there have been some upgrades since David's time - and david having his head detached and reattached and then 10 years of exposure to the enviroment, David should have been far weaker then Walter and no he shouldnt be able to convice Walter to let him take his place - Walter has no freedom like David has, + is in love with Daniels -) somehow David manages to pretend to be Walter - take his not aliens aboard.they get killed because twice these aliens jump with such force into iron spikes, cranes. impaling themselves - David then remaining awake whilst the survivors go to hyper sleep - puts is not alien embryonics in some storage machine... the stinking end - a movie that is one big flaw to begin with - filled with many , annoying, hard to stomache and relate to flaws from start to finish... anyone that likes this , is a shallow minded person that just as easely is amazed by looking a turd lay on the sidewalk... and stepping in it, and being greatfull that that has occured... - Prometheus, Alien Covenant are digusting movies , absolutely horrid and nothing else...
:o

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

I concurr James... I concurr.  ;D

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 11, 2017, 10:13:24 PM

You implied James Cameron is only polite.

I really doubt that. Cameron ISN'T polite. He is the opposite of polite.

He really loves Ridley Scott, George Lucas and even Zack Snyder. James has said great things about these 3 even when all critics trashed them.

SM

SM

Quote from: lv_226 on Aug 11, 2017, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 11, 2017, 06:58:45 PM
"It's not a film that I would have made. I don't like films where you invest in a character and they get destroyed at the end. I would not have made that film."

You guys don't see the irony here, right? T2, anyone? The T-800?

Yes, lol, some irony does register. However, for the cohesiveness of T2, the destruction of the T-800 was a necessary plot element (since every trace of Skynet had to be erased from existence—well at least in this timeline).

As BSG said above, it's not irony.

As you said, the destruction of the T-800 served the story.  Ditto Jack in Titanic.

It's clear that this isn't what Cameron is getting at - he's talking about Shaw getting bumped off in between movies (much like Newt and Hicks).  It's a different situation to resolving a characters fate within the story itself.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: PierreVW on Aug 11, 2017, 11:45:21 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 11, 2017, 10:13:24 PM

You implied James Cameron is only polite.

I really doubt that. Cameron ISN'T polite. He is the opposite of polite.

He really loves Ridley Scott, George Lucas and even Zack Snyder. James has said great things about these 3 even when all critics trashed them.

I didn't imply that. The hell are you talking about.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

As SM said, I'm thinking that Cameron wasn't impressed with the lack of Shaw's inclusion in COVENANT, apart from seeing a photo and a mutilated dead body.  That certainly would have brought back memories of how his Hicks and Newt characters were handled in ALIEN 3!

Just seeing even a little bit more of Shaw's inclusion in this PROMETHEUS follow-up would have been welcome, before we came to the eventual reveal of her demise...and I think it was a missed opportunity that Ridlley didn't include Shaw's originally intended footage.  Thankfully, the moments of Shaw in the 'Crossing Prologue' footage will be available for myself and others to incorporate into our own edits of the movie...and this will help to make up for her lack of involvement overall - as well as showing how she went about restoring David back together in the first place. 

It's not much, but I reckon that some of that footage will help to ease her character's minimal inclusion somewhat.  :D

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Ultra predator morph on Aug 11, 2017, 05:30:52 PM
yeah, i am making my own avp comic - 500 pages almost  - AC and future titles allready had me concerned before the release of AC and it has only proved itself to be a waste of money and time - it is visualy goodlooking, some of the action is cool but makes no sense - AC is the worst example of science fiction ever - What characters do you mean Cameron ? their hardly are any characters in the movie - they all die because of cheer and utter stupidity ,skipping on the coincidences of the spaceship needing a recharge wich coincides with a "neutron" blast wich should be easely detectable btw , and the captain dying because of it, and the ship needing repairs - just when a message from the prometheus reaches one of the workers helmet ( instead of the big ass Covenant ship itself ) the characters change course because a christian moron is made captain. - all of them trained , somehow disregard their helmets all together when landing on a planet that has FREAKING LIVE ON IT ! complex enough to have a biodome of plants... so obviously has pathogens, microbes, germs, microscopic live unknow to mankind. , they proceed to remain blatantly unaware as the move throughout the surface of the world - ofcourse getting infected by some black gue pathogen to small to see - Instantly characters ( with no name, because, who are they just die , left and right - what is even less belevable is when the first neomorph is born - it is super thin, its leg and arm bones look to be about the width of fire matches - the fullgrown woman gave the super fragile looking neomorph a firm kick with a big ass boot, sending it flying - wich should have broken the neomorphs body in a hundred places.  2 times a person falls over blood - the neomorph, slightly larger gets shot several times in the field - suffering not so much as a scratch... it must be made of Ademantium like wolvrine... later they follow David ( worst angle in the movie is David ) cross an open graveyard of thousands of dead , infected corpses... - when the neomorph returns, being an adult mind you --- it INSTANTLY DIE'S DUE TO A FEW SHOTS FIRED BY THE CAPTAIN - this is absurd illogic at its best... smaller animals are more fragile then their adult form... otherwise, why grow up  - anyways David somehow is father to the jesus Alien wich is really really bad writting... because somehow in the big space of the universe - Mankind is the origin point of a creature wich is also the movie name - ALIEN - if human engineers build the black gue - and then a human android from earth made the alien - it is no longer an Alien being - it is a human creation... this is a kick in the ass - Luckely i am smart enough to convince myself from seeing these movies as being even remotely connected to Alien 1979. - blindly trusting that Walter managed to kill David ( wich by all means should have been the case , as Walter sais, there have been some upgrades since David's time - and david having his head detached and reattached and then 10 years of exposure to the enviroment, David should have been far weaker then Walter and no he shouldnt be able to convice Walter to let him take his place - Walter has no freedom like David has, + is in love with Daniels -) somehow David manages to pretend to be Walter - take his not aliens aboard.they get killed because twice these aliens jump with such force into iron spikes, cranes. impaling themselves - David then remaining awake whilst the survivors go to hyper sleep - puts is not alien embryonics in some storage machine... the stinking end - a movie that is one big flaw to begin with - filled with many , annoying, hard to stomache and relate to flaws from start to finish... anyone that likes this , is a shallow minded person that just as easely is amazed by looking a turd lay on the sidewalk... and stepping in it, and being greatfull that that has occured... - Prometheus, Alien Covenant are digusting movies , absolutely horrid and nothing else...

This might be a major overstatement in the context of your missive.

Good luck with the writing.

SM

SM

*writting

Gash

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed