A solution for the future of the Alien franchise.

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Aug 07, 2017, 10:22:00 PM

Author
A solution for the future of the Alien franchise. (Read 17,956 times)

Baron Von Marlon

How about a Weyland-Yutani universe? They're usually involved in everything.
Weyland's dead so no need to cast some new big time actor. And if needed there's Guy Pearce.

An exploration division for adventure-cosmic horror with a Lovecraftian vibe,
a science division/research facility for horror-thriller-drama (would provide a sweet setting for freaky, disturbing body horror and crazy experiments),
a military division for action-horror. Seek and destroy, search and rescue, bad ass soldiers and heavy swearing,

Attach good writers, proper directors, try keeping the cast cheap,... and BAM!
Franchise improved and at least one movie each year.

TC

I could go for that ;)

But the xenomorphs would need to cameo somewhere in there,  perhaps the same way every series of Doctor Who has a Daleks episode.

TC

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Music Video featuring boy band with Guy Peirce and Michael Fassbender in a never ending story where Peter Weyland kills Davids in several brutal and gory ways with different David models each time.

1. Decap -Like the engineer did in Prometheus
2. Crushing david with a factory machine (terminator style)
3. Punch through the chest like chest burster
4. Nude David not quite like Leonardos david, then castration
5. rips Davids arm off and slaps him across his head with his own hand. -Like the engineer did
6. bring me the tea style, then splashes David with acid melting his face making him look like a Working Joe. "says I like this look better"

TC

Quote from: TC on Sep 23, 2017, 06:03:51 AM
... perhaps the same way every series of Doctor Who has a Daleks episode.

Pardon me, I failed to explain that I was also considering the possibility of a TV series rather than movie franchise.

TC

monkeylove

Just make one more prequel to establish a direct connection to the first movie, and keep it simple with a smaller budget. Then make a sequel to A:R to finish Ripley's story (and with or without Ripley).

After that, producers can do what they want.

Rudiger

Quote from: monkeylove on Sep 25, 2017, 03:37:24 AM
Just make one more prequel to establish a direct connection to the first movie, and keep it simple with a smaller budget. Then make a sequel to A:R to finish Ripley's story (and with or without Ripley).

After that, producers can do what they want.

Why bother? Not needed and a waste of time and money. If they believe there are still legs left in the franchise, why not invest in a new plot thread and a truly decent script? Make a decent film and the real money will come in. Keep going as they are and it won't.

SM

The producers are doing what they want anyway.

acrediblesource

Don't think the franchise needs RIPley IMHO. There is no more story if they wish to end it.  It would work if she was part of a larger plan in the background but she doesn't necessarily need to act in it. Even showing a sleeping clone would suffice as fan service, play in a short story about it, then thats it and move on.

PierreVW

Ridley Scott is pragmatic. So:

1.- NO Ripley or Hicks or Newt.

2.- NO Noomi Rapace.

3.- NO Katherine Waterston or Danny McBride.

4.- Tom Hardy and his Colonial Marines Versus Michael Fassbender and his Aliens.

Huge moneymaker.

SM

Why are you copying and pasting the same thing in different threads?

PierreVW

Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2017, 11:24:18 PM
Why are you copying and pasting the same thing in different threads?

2 threads with the same topic: Covenant 2 or any kind of Alien sequel.

Rudiger

Quote from: PierreVW on Sep 25, 2017, 11:23:01 PM

1.- NO Ripley or Hicks or Newt. Good

2.- NO Noomi Rapace. Good

3.- NO Katherine Waterston or Danny McBride. Good

4.- Tom Hardy and his Colonial Marines Versus Michael Fassbender and his Aliens. Dear God, no!

Huge moneymaker.

monkeylove

Quote from: Rudiger on Sep 25, 2017, 06:45:51 AM
Why bother? Not needed and a waste of time and money. If they believe there are still legs left in the franchise, why not invest in a new plot thread and a truly decent script? Make a decent film and the real money will come in. Keep going as they are and it won't.

I think they can do the same with the present timeline.

Olde

Quote from: PierreVW on Sep 25, 2017, 11:23:01 PM

1.- NO Ripley or Hicks or Newt.

2.- NO Noomi Rapace.

3.- NO Katherine Waterston or Danny McBride.

4.- T̶o̶m̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶d̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶C̶o̶l̶o̶n̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶i̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶r̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶M̶i̶c̶h̶a̶e̶l̶ ̶F̶a̶s̶s̶b̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶A̶l̶i̶e̶n̶s̶.̶  - Another generic white female protagonist who is either the sole survivor or one of two, who survives by being uncharacteristically strong and calm during scenes of intense violence and alien brutality, who wins by blowing the alien out of the goddamn airlock.

Because why stray from formula?

Alien³

Quote from: Olde on Sep 26, 2017, 08:03:43 AM
Another generic white female protagonist who is either the sole survivor or one of two, who survives by being uncharacteristically strong and calm during scenes of intense violence and alien brutality, who wins by blowing the alien out of the goddamn airlock.

Because why stray from formula?

Apparently you get films like Alien 3.

Although you could look at the Alien blowing up after cooling down as a version of blowing it out of the airlock.

Right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed