Does anyone here use 4Chan.org?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Aug 02, 2017, 10:42:57 PM

Author
Does anyone here use 4Chan.org? (Read 3,627 times)

Local Trouble

Say hi to Hubbs for us.

SM

SM

You know what?

Local Trouble

I guess we know that 4chan is unfairly singled out as the armpit of the internet because reddit is awful too.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 05, 2017, 09:31:20 PM
I guess we know that 4chan is unfairly singled out as the armpit of the internet because reddit is awful too.

Reddits not so bad.

whiterabbit

Too much freedom of speech? Can it be a bad thing?

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 05, 2017, 08:58:41 PM
It's a look into the subconscious of the terminally insane, as I like to phrase it. So in a way, yes, and they do not need to know that. However reddit is the same thing as 4chan, hell it really is 4chan's psychopathic innocent looking brother and most no one seems to dick them about it as badly as 4chan is abused. So you know... :P

I absolutely can't stand on /tv/ when anons call Rick and Morty Reddit-tier. I've always been a strong advocate that the show was ALWAYS 4Chan-tier. I've been a huge fan of R&M since season 1

SM

SM

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 06, 2017, 12:27:24 PM

Is someone calling for less?

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Aug 06, 2017, 08:54:32 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 06, 2017, 12:27:24 PM

Is someone calling for less?
Where I live, tons. You can't actually speak your mind unless you do not need your job. Even then, you'll still be railroaded into the ground via mob rules for mere opinion. Which creates a lot of pissed off people who then flood 4chan and reddit. :P

SM

SM

Is the government curtailing your freedom of speech?

whiterabbit

Is the government the only entity capable of curtailing free speech?

SM

SM

Who else is stopping you?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 07, 2017, 02:20:53 AM
Is the government the only entity capable of curtailing free speech?
Free speech prohibits the government from censoring your speech, it does not guarantee you a platform for that speech, nor an audience to listen to it.

If you want to shout white supremacist slogans, for example, the government can't stop you -- but it doesn't mean private enterprises need to give you a platform to do it from.

SM

SM

And it's hardly a stretch for employers to not want people working for them who can't keep extremist ideas to themselves.

whiterabbit

Ok well, that is exactly why they head over to 4chan and reddit. So what's the issue here, exactly?

SM

SM

No issue.  Those places exist; many people here don't want anything to do with them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed