Alien: Covenant Funnies

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2017, 10:07:46 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Funnies (Read 8,728 times)

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

LOL cant stop laughing hahaha! a very good friend sent it to me  :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/697836

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Aug 17, 2017, 09:53:34 AM

I liked the face hugger dry humping the xenomorph's leg.

Not a sentence I ever thought I would write.

Quote from: Gash on Aug 13, 2017, 05:19:04 PM
The Hadley's Hope buildings have the look of a pressurised 'space' complex. It's the director having his cake and eating it.

When you arrive on a planet to create an atmosphere, a pressurised space complex is kinda what you need at the outset don't you think? Atmosphere processor. The clue's in the name.  ;)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Whether you love or hate the film, I honestly don't understand why this is supposed to be funny... (but it has a blonde with boobs, so I clicked.  Sorry for setting the human race back a little further.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m07W6CSmqL4&t=15s

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: necrotard on Aug 17, 2017, 12:26:42 PM
Whether you love or hate the film, I honestly don't understand why this is supposed to be funny... (but it has a blonde with boobs, so I clicked. 

;D

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Aug 17, 2017, 09:53:34 AM

I was going to call this stupid, but the full-grown Alien trying to shake its host off its foot is easily the best Covenant joke I have seen. Bravo!

TC

Ignoring the threats of infection from xeno micro-pathogens is really just one of those suspension-of-disbelief things that we're asked to buy into so the story doesn't get bogged down with dreary scientific exposition when the writer/director just wants to get on with the real story stuff i.e. the drama.

As sci-fi fans we're used to this kind of thing: Faster-Than-Light travel, and lack of relativistic effects therein, FTL interstellar communication, artificial gravity etc etc. I'm pretty forgiving about these issues, so long as the rules are established early on and then honoured by the writer. But that's where Covenant broke the rules. When the landing party opens the door and marches out into the open air, what I was being told was that in this story universe micro-pathogens don't exist. (OK, I'll accept that). But then the plot tells me, hang on, lethal micro-pathogens do exist - ha ha fooled ya!

Now I have to rationalize this somehow. The obvious answer - these characters are stupid, the protocols they were trained with were stupid, the general IQ of humanity (and its scientists who devised the protocols) has descended to moron level.

At this stage, I'm having great difficulty buying into the level of suspension-of-disbelief necessary to take the story seriously.

I can excuse most other flaws in the movie, but when you betray this suspension-of-disbelief pact you have with your audience (albeit an unwritten one), that's unforgivable really.

TC

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: necrotard on Sep 22, 2017, 01:54:19 PM

It never occurred to me before now that James Franco would make a halfway decent Newt.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Olde

Olde

This deserves more views.

Rudiger

Rudiger

skhellter

skhellter

It really doesnt deserve more views.

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

Yeah, not really all that funny. Nor does it parody the film all that well. Though they did have a nice little spaceship set.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I wasn't really into that when I saw it. Cool that Madam Tussauds let them use Alien: Escape to film in, though!

Olde

Olde

I thought it was better than the actual film. It's funnier than that stupid newgrounds cartoon posted earlier on this page with James Franco f**king a xeno.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed