Alien: Covenant Funnies

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2017, 10:07:46 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Funnies (Read 8,766 times)

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: Solid_Snake on Aug 08, 2017, 08:09:00 PM
'Opening quarantine rooms ...' It's a trademark of the franchise, remember Ripley opening the doors for Kane?
She was trapped and scared. Anyone would have tried to shoot the damn thing.
That was Ash. Anyway, I agree, what a garbage video. I closed the tab when I heard the word "wank".

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: tleilaxu on Aug 08, 2017, 08:55:41 PM
'Opening quarantine rooms ...' It's a trademark of the franchise, remember Ripley opening the doors for Kane?
That was Ash. Anyway, I agree, what a garbage video. I closed the tab when I heard the word "wank".

That sums it up really. I didn't think much of the aliens honest trailer so I'm certainly not even gonna bother watching this crap

0321recon

0321recon

*'There are now more bad alien movies than good ones!'
'Well...that's like your opinion, man' - El Duderino. This is not true. It's the best one in 20 years. It's much easier to complain about/stigmatise a movie when the predecessors were total garbage.

'Untill it takes a sharp left turn into the same wank territory as the last one'.
It's nothing like Prometeus at all. It's a much better film.

The 'save the android poetry for blade runner' comment makes no sense at all. At all!

From the start we all knew the crew were couples. It was referenced more than once.

'...terrible decisions, like aborting their mission because they heard a John Denver song' That's not the reason why and you know it.

'Not wearing protection ...' This goes for any Alien-movie except the first one.

'having shower sex....' They thought the coast was clear and they were celebrating the moment. What's wrong with that?

Who made this Honest Trailer anyway?  Every single argument is very easily debunked. I'll never watch any of these ever again!

Well said. When I heard...'Untill it takes a sharp left turn into the same wank territory as the last one' or 'save the android poetry for blade runner'  I just rolled my eyes.

Gash

bobcunk

bobcunk

That pic they are using to promote the blu-ray are missing the shoulder pad tubes. I think it may have looked like this in the leaked trailer.

bleau

bleau

Jesus H Christ guy's, anyone have a sense of humor. It's for fun. I lmao because it was funny. Get a grip. :D :)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Honest Trailers is awful.  They're never funny even when riffing on movies I hate.

Now let's see if my contribution triggers anybody...

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: bleau on Aug 09, 2017, 09:57:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njlXBc8Q7o4

Jesus H Christ guy's, anyone have a sense of humor. It's for fun. I lmao because it was funny. Get a grip. :D :)

Slating films in this cheap and lazy manner just doesn't amuse me I'm afraid. Whether it's a film I like or not. Now that cartoon of David holding an egg, that makes me smile every time I look at it, because it's witty.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah after reading some of these, I feel like the only one with a sense of humor. I found the vid funny :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Couple months old but I only discovered it now. So sorry if it's been posted before.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I love Red Letter Media, but not when they talk about sci-fi...

They pose these questions with a tone that suggests there are no possible answers, but there usually are.

Gash

Gash

Honest Trailers just always come across as sarcastic rather than witty. Pretty easy to dismantle anything with a sarcastic tone. Humour needs to be a bit cleverer than that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 09, 2017, 01:11:06 PM

Yeah after reading some of these, I feel like the only one with a sense of humor. I found the vid funny :laugh:

I largely enjoyed the film and I found it funny.  :laugh: I thought quite a few people wouldn't though.

Alien³

Sagit

Sagit

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 10, 2017, 08:22:34 AM
Quote from: necrotard on Aug 09, 2017, 10:05:04 AM

Spot on.

They are both stupid (and the triggering continues).
The problem is that ST doesn't try to be serious about itself. Covenant does. So thumbs up for the away team! The crew of Covenant are just idiots.
Besides ST scanners will probably pick on dangerous spores on the surface...and David...and all the dead engineers/not engineers ;))

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed