Engineer Graveyard extended scene

Started by TheBATMAN, Jul 31, 2017, 05:06:20 PM

Author
Engineer Graveyard extended scene (Read 25,874 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 01, 2017, 11:46:04 AM
I never got the impression David was in a hurry to leave.  Not until he was ready to do so - not until he had perfected his first strain of the Alien.  By baiting the Covenant into investigating the planet, he acquired more than just a way off the planet - he acquired all the resources to build an army as well.

Could he have done so with an undamaged engineer ship?  Maybe, but by the end of the movie he certainly has more than enough resources that wouldn't have been aboard all the Juggernaut class combined.  Human hosts.

He basically planned and patiently waited for his trap to spring.  and it worked.

-Windebieste.

Wait what? He didn't plan anything. Unless you're saying the neutrino burst was somehow set up by David. Anyone could have answered the distress signal. It just so happened it was a ship full of people.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Haag's concept art for this scene. Think he did a couple of others as well.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Highland on Aug 01, 2017, 01:20:50 PM
I never got the impression David was in a hurry to leave.  Not until he was ready to do so - not until he had perfected his first strain of the Alien.  By baiting the Covenant into investigating the planet, he acquired more than just a way off the planet - he acquired all the resources to build an army as well.

Could he have done so with an undamaged engineer ship?  Maybe, but by the end of the movie he certainly has more than enough resources that wouldn't have been aboard all the Juggernaut class combined.  Human hosts.

He basically planned and patiently waited for his trap to spring.  and it worked.

-Windebieste.

Wait what? He didn't plan anything. Unless you're saying the neutrino burst was somehow set up by David. Anyone could have answered the distress signal. It just so happened it was a ship full of people.
Yea it seems very unlikely that he planned the entire thing, however as Walter said, he wasn't surprised to see him or any of the other people for that matter. I suppose, David knows all about the future expedition of Weyland corp, so why would he be surprised. It was only a matter of time before somebody arrived and that is the one thing David has lots of, time.

Still he said he was short of an essential ingredient... why wouldn't he just go out there and get it. Also the ion storms are supposed to have been one reason for his remaining hidden.... oh hell maybe he did cause the neutrino blast. The Dude has a god like intelligence, creating a neutrino bomb can't be that hard for someone like him. Yea, why not?

Perfect-Organism

That should have been in the film...

Xeno from Chino

Xeno from Chino

There's only one kind of deleted scene that would've made this movie better. Sentry guns. Lots and lots of sentry guns. haha.

Ultramorph

This is just another tomb.

windebieste

Quote from: Highland on Aug 01, 2017, 01:20:50 PM

-Windebieste.

Sure he planned it.  Why else send a distress message that is clearly bait.   As for him creating the nutrino burst?  Nah.  He didn't need to create that.  Eventually WY or other organisation would have intercepted the transmission, decoded it and responded. 

Of course he stayed deliberately.  Look at how well it worked out for him.  The results of good planning, I say.

Now if Admiral Ackbar had been flying passed at the time...

-Windebieste.

Highland

Highland

Staying deliberately is a bit of a stretch. Actually it's a bloody big stretch considering he needed a host to complete his plan. I mean yeah it's pretty obvious he made his creatures so one day someone would come down to the Planet.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2017, 08:45:23 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 01, 2017, 02:23:10 AM
they didn't want people claiming it's a Plot hole that David never flew off on one of these ships...

It would have been a legitimate question. I can't remember if it's the book or the script, but one of them mentions that after David bombed the Engineers a containment protocol kicked in, grounding all the ships so they couldn't spread the infection. If that dialogue was never filmed or was also cut, it'd make sense to cut this scene to avoid people asking that very same question.

I think its possible to extrapolate that David doesn't want to head to Earth until he has created the creature he needed to wipe us out. That said, you'd think he was deliberately planning to somehow lure people here so he could create his specimens, right? But Covenant doesn't state that.
Maybe the Prequel novel will insinuate that the Company has been contacted by David?

Even with the ships being cut out with this scene, I think you have to assume that David is deliberately staying and wouldnt let Shaw leave, since unless, this line of dialogue was included like Hicks says above,  we have to assume that there are other ships here David has the ability to fly. Whether we see them or not. We saw that giant scorpion looking thing as well. There must be more.
This is also, I think, why Shaw's signal depicts her trying to operate the controls of the Juggernaut, singing "Country road, take me home..." The idea being, she is trying to get the ship working and wants to leave, but she can't fly it. She needed David to do so and he wouldnt.

Fassbinder has also stated that he thought of David as some obsessed stalker that wouldn't let Shaw leave him.

Highland

Highland

The juggernaut crashed on the side of the hill. It says so in the film. David is stuck there.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jul 31, 2017, 10:40:14 PM
Amazing scene.

I like those Juggernauts parked inside of that hole. The hole was opening to allow David to eventually park it inside but he never did obviously.

The presence of those Juggernauts further supports that these are Engineers to me. Why would a created species have Juggernauts in their city?

I've been thinking the ships aren't all warships. They could be used to colonise other planets, like the Covenant.
If they're send to colonise or create, it makes more sense they come from their (religious) city.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Highland on Aug 02, 2017, 03:58:36 AM
The juggernaut crashed on the side of the hill. It says so in the film. David is stuck there.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I know the ship crash landed, but since David is able to operate Engineer ships, it doesnt make any sense that there wouldnt be other Engineer ships on Planet 4 for David to fly off in. Not just Juggernauts, or Scorpion looking ships. Even others. They have a technologically superior civilization. Whether we see those ships or not, its easier to believe they exist than it is to believe they do not.
In fact, since this scene was filmed and David says he is "marooned" there, it points to there having been some sort of script changes during the second act that we arent really aware of.

We actually see another ship dock with the Juggernaut in the film. IE; It doesnt make sense that he can't use a different ship. The Engineers would have other ships even more than the ones we've already seen, right? So he doesn't WANT to leave. Why? Well, I think its easy to figure that out but the film doesnt tell you explicitly.

Highland

Highland

Hicks already said the book say's the other ships (which aren't in the movie) are disabled. He could use any ship he likes - if there were actually ships to fly. If his master plan was to make a perfect organism to destroy human kind, sitting on a dead Planet with signal of Shaw singing country road as a bait, probably isn't a decent plan.

EEV Repairman

This film was such a let down...no amount of extras can save it from its dire story.

Bojo

Bojo

Well I think we can safely say Walter,if he's still mobile,has means of escape.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed