The Testing Screenings Thread

Started by ace3g, Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:21 AM

Author
The Testing Screenings Thread (Read 22,026 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2017, 08:45:41 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 26, 2017, 12:50:45 PM
Predator wasn't near as comedic as this one seems to be though, but maybe it will be a good thing that blends well in the final product.

Predator is pretty damn comedic. It's one-liner galore. When I went to watch it for the anniversary release, there was an absolute load of audience laughter.

It's VERY funny for the first half... when the characters are just going about their job and they're not really treating this situation very seriously...
...and then the Predator shows up, the tension builds up and the jokes mostly fade away...

I always liked the way it handled the humor.

Corporal Hicks

It's just the exact same information we've already had. I believe there's only 2 sources for that intel as well so it's not a massive selection pool of feedback either.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 27, 2017, 09:29:29 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2017, 08:45:41 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 26, 2017, 12:50:45 PM
Predator wasn't near as comedic as this one seems to be though, but maybe it will be a good thing that blends well in the final product.

Predator is pretty damn comedic. It's one-liner galore. When I went to watch it for the anniversary release, there was an absolute load of audience laughter.

It's VERY funny for the first half... when the characters are just going about their job and they're not really treating this situation very seriously...
...and then the Predator shows up, the tension builds up and the jokes mostly fade away...

I always liked the way it handled the humor.

Yeah, it's one of the rare instances where a film switches genre halfway through. What starts out as a 80's action one-liner fest suddenly turns into a serious tension-filled horror. It's so well done.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 29, 2017, 01:51:49 AM
Yeah, it's one of the rare instances where a film switches genre halfway through. What starts out as a 80's action one-liner fest suddenly turns into a serious tension-filled horror. It's so well done.

My meta-jokey-explanation is actually it's a horror movie from the start, but the characters don't figure that out until it's too late. Like some twisted Last Action Hero stuff.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Pity they changed
Spoiler
Rory(?) - is that his name? It's been so long since I read the script - flying the ship. I knew when I read it it would cause geek rage but I f**kin' loved it. Not surprised if it got trimmed but I'll bet he's still onboard.
[close]

Jacku

Jacku

Do we know about the

Spoiler
DNA from spines thing? Do they not hunt for sport anymore or is that gone?
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Jacku on Dec 06, 2017, 12:56:58 AM
Do we know about the

Spoiler
DNA from spines thing? Do they not hunt for sport anymore or is that gone?
[close]

I believe it's both

Corporal Hicks

Apparently that newer aspect was severely downplayed in the first testing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 06, 2017, 08:33:48 AM
Apparently that newer aspect was severely downplayed in the first testing.

Mmm interesting... But kinda weird since
Spoiler
the plot revolves in a fair amount around that too
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So is Olivia Munn still a scientist? :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I do believe so, yep.

happypred

happypred

I am concerned that they lay the comedy on too thick...I don't want this to become Beverly Hills Cop or Lethal Weapon with some predators

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lethal Weapon, the film with multiple torture scenes and Riggs almost eating a bullet: laying on the comedy thick. :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Shane Black is funny, but he isn't THAT funny. I remember reading an interview a while back where he said that he got the idea of Riggs putting the gun in his mouth because he did the same thing in real life. He had been through rough depression and i think it can be felt in his movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed