The Testing Screenings Thread

Started by ace3g, Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:21 AM

Author
The Testing Screenings Thread (Read 22,017 times)

MrPeterKeyes666

Yes- both invites I have seen have it as the 9th at Fox Studios lot. Is anyone here going? If so, keep an eye out to see if Alan Silvestri is there. It's not unusual for the composer to attend, and we still have no confirmation if he's going to score it or not.

BigDaddyJohn

I hope Silvestri comes back, can't think of anyone better for the movie right now.

Johnny Handsome

Who does the score for this is really the only aspect i really don't care about.

It would be nice, for nostalgic reasons, but really Silvestri's scores nowadays are just as average as the rest of the summer action flicks being done by no-names.

MrPeterKeyes666

Any updates on the screening tonight?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Nov 10, 2017, 06:06:43 AM
Any updates on the screening tonight?

Don't know if it has any relevance or not.

Edit: it was The Predator
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexStto/status/929084453502308352

BigDaddyJohn

Ridiculously horrible...Mmm...

Johnny Handsome

Well, with no effects added yet. Imagine a screening with a rough cut of Predator running through the jungle in a red spandex suit, shooting smoke puffs from his gun and without Silvestris amazing score... terribly exciting.

BigDaddyJohn

:laugh: True, but i would imagine the guy who said it was horrible thinked of that too and adjusted his judgment accordingly... But who knows, maybe not.

MrPeterKeyes666

Most, if not all of of the CG was not in from what I heard. It was a real rough cut of the film.

Spartansniper619

Just saying...

BigDaddyJohn

The question is how much of it was rewritten ? If it's true, i'd still like to see
Spoiler
the kid activate a hologram in his room with recorded past hunts from a predator computer
[close]
and it would be cool if they got rid of
Spoiler
predator in camo pants even if it's a detail, maybe the dog lobotomy too
[close]

Master

Elements were rewritten, it`s certain. Still, from leaked pictures, it looks that core story is thesame.

BigDaddyJohn

I agree, i don't think the core of the story will be very different,
Spoiler
the upgrade, the kid genius, preds with the government, the vets with ptsd etc
[close]
but still, there was reshoots at the beginning of July IIRC, it would be interesting to know what they were reshooting...

Master

Spoiler
Maybe we`ll  be spared idiotic predator mutants and dogs.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe,
Spoiler
but IIRC mutants and dogs seemed to do numerous killings in numerous scenes, so it may be hard to change
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed