The Testing Screenings Thread

Started by ace3g, Jul 26, 2017, 12:56:21 AM

Author
The Testing Screenings Thread (Read 22,018 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Will Kaplan - sound editor - is working on temp score for test screenings.

QuoteSometimes, Kaplan uses his extensive knowledge of movie soundtracks to create temporary, or "temp," scores for movies in production.

"Like right now, I'm doing a 20th Century Fox film called 'The Predator' directed by Shane Black," Kaplan said. "I'm putting in a temp score for test audiences. These guys gotta see it with music or they don't know how they feel about it."

Kaplan said that filmmakers sometimes become so enamored with the temp score, they use it instead.

Some filmmakers give Kaplan free rein to create his own sound cues. Others know exactly what they want.

http://www.dailyherald.com/entlife/20170725/highland-park-grad-practices-invisible-art-as-hollywood-music-editor

*amended title. Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Seems a bit earlier for test screenings. I wouldn't have expected them for another 3 months or so. I wonder how much work a temp score takes?

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2017, 07:40:25 AM
Seems a bit earlier for test screenings. I wouldn't have expected them for another 3 months or so. I wonder how much work a temp score takes?

I would love to do a test screening of the movie

Xan21

I really have no idea what to think about this movie... and after watching it I'll probably still feel the same.

Testscreenings can really ruin a movie.

echobbase79

The test screening for this movie will be interesting. I think it's good that they're doing them so early because of how radically different this Predator film is going to be. If the response is negative, it will give them time to re-shoot and change some stuff.

black

I hope they invite experts from our forum and then they will have big problems and they will invite a new audience who will say to reduce violence and add family themes and phemenism.

lv_226

I don't know what to expect from this film either. Maybe it will  be good, maybe it will be bad?

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Nov 06, 2017, 03:32:13 PM
Fox is having a test screening for a secret scifi movie on their lot thursday. Invites asks if you are a fan of the Alien or Predator franchise.....
Where are they holding such a secret screening?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: MrPeterKeyes666 on Nov 06, 2017, 03:34:15 PM
The Fox Studio Lot. Invites went out over the weekend.
Damn, out of my reach! [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrPeterKeyes666

Fox has a lot of sci-fi films on its schedule- it could be something else. But the invite does mention Predator and Alien franchise.

Corporal Hicks

I'd heard about that earlier too. Also asked if you'd seen Prometheus or Alien: Covenant recently too but not sure how relevant that is. Black mentioned recently they were working on the edit at the minute. Hopefully we'll hear something.

Also, did you mean to delete those posts MrPeterKeyes?

MrPeterKeyes666

It asks if you are a fan of alien/predator franchise, die hard franchise and Jurassic park franchise.
Shane also posted that photo of him and Sterling doing ADR last week. Would not surprise me if this is the very first screening but in very rough form--- no cg.
Paul Feig did the same thing with the Ghostbusters remake- tested it on the Sony lot early on with zero effects then did more screenings in regular theaters that had some of the effects in.

BigDaddyJohn

If it does have no CG, it must be weird and ugly to see...

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

It says the 9th on the invite thats been floating around

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed