Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 147,030 times)

0321recon

0321recon

This is coming from the same guys who several months back were speculating that Alien 5 was about to start shooting later this year. Then, when Covenant came out they trashed it to kingdom come. Yea, I'll wait for official word coming out from Scott or Fassbender.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jul 18, 2017, 02:19:07 PM
I don't buy this at all. Wouldn't have thought they would make any decisions until after the Japan release anyway.

This. If something is going to be decided, it will be after Japan and whatever monies come back from the home release.

Hemi

Hemi

Or no Alien movie in a long, long time. Leaving every single piece of media, regarding Alien(s), of the last few years unfinished and... well...pointless. Kinda like AVPR lol... it will surprise me if they continue that story at some point.

Very sad...

BishopShouldGo

I don't buy this at all. Wouldn't have thought they would make any decisions until after the Japan release anyway.

Lol stoppppppppp. You're just giving yourself false hope. They're not "waiting for Japan".

Salt The Fries

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 18, 2017, 02:45:02 PM

Lol stoppppppppp. You're just giving yourself false hope. They're not "waiting for Japan".
It's easy when you're big in Japan

kwisatz

kwisatz

Fox is in a tricky situation though. They know they will probably need a significantly higher budget for an epic conclusion in the third movie but then Covenant didnt even reach the 300 mark.

I mean would you greenlight a third movie for around 150-170? I mean i would, but thats because i wanna see FOX die an ugly death anyway. :D

Hemi

Hemi

Hypothetically speaking, if they were to pull the plug on the great adventures of David and Scott...then what? lol

Highland

Highland

"Space Jockey saved in unlikely series of events"

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 18, 2017, 02:49:26 PM
Fox is in a tricky situation though. They know they will probably need a significantly higher budget for an epic conclusion in the third movie but then Covenant didnt even reach the 300 mark.

I mean would you greenlight a third movie for around 150-170? I mean i would, but thats because i wanna see FOX die an ugly death anyway. :D

Perhaps the only way this gets off the ground with a larger budget is if the other projects that Ridley is working are a home runs. Then, perhaps FOX risks it for one final film, though doesn't meddle with it like they did with Covenant.  Though, I'm not holding my breath with the meddling to be honest.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 18, 2017, 02:45:02 PM

I'm pretty confident Scott will make a third, has nothing to do with hope at all.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: 0321recon on Jul 18, 2017, 03:02:48 PM

Perhaps the only way this gets off the ground with a larger budget is if the other projects that Ridley is working are a home runs. Then, perhaps FOX risks it for one final film, though doesn't meddle with it like they did with Covenant.  Though, I'm not holding my breath with the meddling to be honest.

FOX may propose Scott to make it PG-13. And so the meddling begins.  ;)

But i seriously doubt FOX wanna do a 170 project that is R rated anyway. And Scott may be like: Ok better things to do.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I thought Covenant was pretty poor but I'd still like to see one more just so the prequel trilogy gets completed and the story leads directly into Alien. I'd rather we get that than just leave the story completely unfinished.

But the box office results would suggest we will only get one more, and not another 3-4 like Scott originally suggested. One more is all we need for these prequels.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Richman678 on Jul 18, 2017, 12:52:44 PM
The fan reactions to Covenant have been overwhelmingly negative.

Just a loud minority, as usual. Reaction was overwhelmingly positive until the US release as I recall. Then all the click bait Youtube reviews started their ranting. Take the "I needs hits for my channel' gang out of the equation and the negativity is not that substantial.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 18, 2017, 03:18:43 PM

But i seriously doubt FOX wanna do a 170 project that is R rated anyway. And Scott may be like: Ok better things to do.

I don't think Scott would expect that kind of budget or even require it TBH.

newagescamartist

So how would these guys know? Do they have insider knowledge? If not, it's speculation and should be treated as such.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 18, 2017, 03:18:43 PM

I just think they'll just want/need to bring in some new writers. I would expect FOX to tap on Mark Bomback the writer of the new Planet of The Apes, if not even Matt Reeves.

I have no problem with Ridley directing, but if Fox is smart they will want to suggest their own new writers with little regard for RS's story. Im not entirely sure how well Ridley will respond to that.

Fans might have been able to tip FOX off that no one wants David in that Derelict and now they need a new path.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed