Will we see partners of Rosenthal et al. in the sequel?

Started by Salt The Fries, Jul 16, 2017, 08:02:20 AM

Author
Will we see partners of Rosenthal et al. in the sequel? (Read 3,733 times)

windebieste

It's still more dialogue than Luke Skywalker delivered in 'Star Wars - The Force Awakens'.  ...and Mark Hamill got Star billing for just standing there for 15 seconds and holding out his hand. 

-Windebieste.

Ingwar

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 19, 2017, 09:28:23 AM
It's still more dialogue than Luke Skywalker delivered in 'Star Wars - The Force Awakens'.  ...and Mark Hamill got Star billing for just standing there for 15 seconds and holding out his hand. 

-Windebieste.

As you know Luke Skywalker appears only at the end of TFA and he's gonna play major role in TLJ. It was planned. I would love to make money for just standing and holding out my hand. What a job!

Rosenthal is a waste of space character in the movie. Good for dying. Nothing else. Horrible lines, especially one with Lope mourning about his dead partner. It's not actress fault. It's just bad and lazy writing.

tleilaxu

I didn't mind that. I felt like it was trying to make him get him back into survival mode despite the loss of his husband. I liked Rosy overall, but I wouldn't have minded more shots of her sweet Jewish body.

windebieste

Major role..?  You, mean he's going to hold out both hands this time..?  lol.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Rosenthal.  Sure, she was always a minor character with little reason to be invested in her but at least she wasn't all out stupid like Milburn or Fifield.  I still find both of those characters infinitely more irksome than anyone in 'ALIEN: Covenanat'.

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

I like Milburn and Fifield, they remind me of Miller and Verheiden from AVP.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 19, 2017, 09:37:15 AM
Rosenthal is a waste of space character in the movie. Good for dying. Nothing else. Horrible lines, especially one with Lope mourning about his dead partner. It's not actress fault. It's just bad and lazy writing.

While I did actually like the actress, the character doesn't exist in the earlier Logan drafts. I think she's there just to die at the hands of the Neomorph - they disappear after David shows up in the draft I've got.

Anthony

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2017, 11:52:22 AM
I think it's been hinted at in the past in various places that Rosenthal and Ankor or Cole were bumping uglies while their partners were in cryo.

I don't think Ledworth's partner never gets a mention anywhere.

I don't think Ledward or Cole had partners, unless theirs were in cryosleep like Rosie's and it just wasn't mentioned.

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2017, 11:30:51 AM

While I did actually like the actress, the character doesn't exist in the earlier Logan drafts. I think she's there just to die at the hands of the Neomorph - they disappear after David shows up in the draft I've got.

Is this draft available anywhere?

Corporal Hicks

Not yet but I'll post it next month.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2017, 06:15:43 PM
Not yet but I'll post it next month.

HYPE.

BigDaddyJohn

I remember thinking "lol let him mourn in peace for christ sake !", yeah, unnecessary comments from her, but like you said, it's the writing, the actress is lovely.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, her line killed that scene. Ledward, Hallett, Ankor, Cole and Rosenthal were so unnecessary. Should've deleted those guys and strengthened the core 10.

I've seen the movie twice and I still don't know what the f**k happened to Ankor. His jaw got ripped off? Yawn.

Scorpio

Still had more characterisation than Weirzbowski and Crowe.

Highland

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 19, 2017, 10:33:07 PM
Yeah, her line killed that scene. Ledward, Hallett, Ankor, Cole and Rosenthal were so unnecessary. Should've deleted those guys and strengthened the core 10.

I've seen the movie twice and I still don't know what the f**k happened to Ankor. His jaw got ripped off? Yawn.

I don't know who any of those people are. I agree though, I thought a smaller team would have been better for the movie.

SM

They're Lope's security team.  Hallett is also his husband.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed