Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 09, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Talks The (De) Evolution of Alien 3.2 (Read 68,045 times)

PierreVW

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2017, 06:10:14 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 14, 2017, 05:19:13 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 14, 2017, 05:14:27 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 14, 2017, 05:00:17 PM
Quote from: FenGiddel on Jul 14, 2017, 02:13:21 PM
Must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed...   :(   Blomkamp has nothing to live down.  And I'd say he's reaping exactly what he's sown: consistent fan attention for his artful storytelling.  By getting asked about Alien 5 "in every interview from here to kingdom come" is like free publicity, innit?   ;D

Yah, in time they will be making a documentary entitled Blomkamp's Alien.  The best sci-fi film never made.  This film has just gone to martyr status.

The best sci-fi movie never made is Jodorowsky's DUNE, and there is a documentary about it.

Blomkamp's ALIENS 2 is just glorified fan-fiction meant to please ALIENS fans and Cameronites.

Alien 3 fans have such a disdain for Aliens and Cameron...I don't understand it but I find it hilarious.

Actually, I have no disdain for ALIENS and Cameron. I have disdain for the hype, over-appreciation and god status.

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 14, 2017, 05:51:00 PM
LOL. The ironic thing is it's painfully clear that Jodorowsky's  Dune would've been f**king GARBAGE.

I guess I was too subtle in my sarcasm...

QuoteI'm pretty sure people will start to appreciate AC more in the future. I can easily imagine some rabid Alien 5 "fanboy" of today turning 20 in a couple of years and realizing that "Wait a minute, this movie is actually good and has a lot of depth. I guess the I got caught up in the social media frenzy. Lesson learned: the highest upvoted comment is by no means necessarily the most correct comment. I will now have a more open mindset free of social media bias when viewing cinematic art in the future."

Probably.

QuoteAt the same time though, I truly hope this Alien 5 thing turns into a meme to haunt Blomkamp forever. Just imagine 20 years into the future, Blomkamp has just released the third part in his District 9 saga which is exactly the same thing as the first one except now the main character is a South African rapper with progeria whose best friend is a conscious  robot Walrus, trying to both fight social injustice and his rapid ageing at the same time. During the highly anticipated premier, Blomkamp is interviewed about the movie. The interview goes well, asking about the movie and the production hurtles etc. until the very last question, which would go something like this:
"District 11 has been quite an anticipated movie, but I think I speak for most people when I say that what the fans really  want is Alien 5. Are there any plans to resurrect this movie? *Editors note: De-aging the now 90 year old Sigourney Weaver in a respectable way is now technologically feasible*
Neill Blomkamp's face starts reddening, he stammers something which slightly resembles curses directed toward the now deceased Ridley Scott (may peace be upon him) before fleeing the scene with tears rolling down his cheeks.

8)

I agree 100%.

In a funny note:

I think We(the fanboys of ALIEN and ALI3NS) care about this way more than David Fincher.

Fincher hates ALI3NS and hated the process. He doesn't give a damn if NB and FOX erased ALI3NS from History.

Russ

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 14, 2017, 06:53:46 PM

Quote from: FHGD on Jul 14, 2017, 06:31:08 PM
Alien 1979    "Space Truckers finding Darelect and encountering the Alien"
Aliens 1986    "Ripley and Space Marines return to LV-426 and fight more Aliens"
Alien 3 1992    "Weyland-Yutani brings Aliens back to Earth!"
Alien 4 1997    "Finding the Alien Homeworld and wiping them out once and for all!"
Alien 5 2001    "Alien prequel that features xenomorphs' origins and the Space Jockey race"

That's all I ever wanted as a fan of the Alien Saga

Oh my god. You nailed it. We could've been done. That sequence of films would've been amazing.

Don't ever forget that this is all the fault of Alien 3. The franchise arguably has STILL not recovered.

You're both right. I know SpreadEagleBeagle will be angry - but as good (with the obligatory "yet flawed") a film as AL III EN is... it f**ked everything up in terms of future movies. No one really liked it at the time, most people STILL don't like it (OK - prefer it, I like it, but I wish that it didn't exist). The sequence above would have been entirely satisfying - and maybe even would't have relied on Ripley being in it at all after Aliens.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, i suspect most people still don't like Alien 3.  We have a very tiny cross-section of people on here who are hard-core fans of the series and therefore embraced Alien 3.  The casual fans of the series or the people for whom the series had broad appeal have long gone.  That is Alien 3's fault.

People wanted a dark Swiss Family Robinson in space after Aliens.  That's basically the direction that film took the series in.  People wanted the series to be based on certain beloved characters and not just about alien creatures with no personality.  They are alligators for all intents and purposes...

darkvegetto

darkvegetto

I find it funny how some of you guys defend AC and say how alien 5 would have been stupid...did you even watch AC ??? did I see a different version... not only was AC stupid..it was a bad movie and RIdley scott is not a legend... he has tenure but that doesn't make  you a legend.... Spielberg is a legend..... don't confuse the too

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 15, 2017, 03:01:13 PM
Yes, i suspect most people still don't like Alien 3.  We have a very tiny cross-section of people on here who are hard-core fans of the series and therefore embraced Alien 3.  The casual fans of the series or the people for whom the series had broad appeal have long gone.  That is Alien 3's fault.

People wanted a dark Swiss Family Robinson in space after Aliens.  That's basically the direction that film took the series in.  People wanted the series to be based on certain beloved characters and not just about alien creatures with no personality.  They are alligators for all intents and purposes...

Folks on both sides think they speak for the broader fanbase, its pretty funny.

It would be much better if people simply stated their own opinions and wants for this series without trying to attach them to the the rest of the community.

Just about everyone here has their own personal spin on what they like and want to see from this franchise.

Personally a "dark swiss family robinson in space" sounds absolutely terrible in regards to this universe. But hey, to each their own.

Quote from: darkvegetto on Jul 15, 2017, 03:03:02 PM
I find it funny how some of you guys defend AC and say how alien 5 would have been stupid...did you even watch AC ??? did I see a different version... not only was AC stupid..it was a bad movie and RIdley scott is not a legend... he has tenure but that doesn't make  you a legend.... Spielberg is a legend..... don't confuse the too

All your opinion I guess.

I enjoyed A:C well enough and I think Ridley has earned his status as a top film maker.

I have no problem with Blomkamp doing an Alien film, it would probably be pretty cool. I just don't want to see Ripley, Hicks, and Newt brought back just because.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Russ on Jul 15, 2017, 12:09:07 PM
You're both right. I know SpreadEagleBeagle will be angry - but as good (with the obligatory "yet flawed") a film as AL III EN is... it f**ked everything up in terms of future movies. No one really liked it at the time, most people STILL don't like it (OK - prefer it, I like it, but I wish that it didn't exist). The sequence above would have been entirely satisfying - and maybe even would't have relied on Ripley being in it at all after Aliens.

I'd say Alien Resurrection f**ked up everyth using.  Alien 3 merely gave us an ending to Ripley's story.

BishopShouldGo

Had they started to make Sigourney-less Alien films starting with Alien 4, yeah, we might not be having a problem. But alas...

Alien 3 and 4 suck donkey balls.

Hemi

Still not as bad as AVP / AVPR & Prometheus. I would watch A3-AC and AR above all those any day of the week.

PierreVW

Quote from: Hemi on Jul 17, 2017, 06:38:30 AM
Still not as bad as AVP / AVPR & Prometheus. I would watch A3-AC and AR above all those any day of the week.

I disagree.

I love PROMETHEUS. I even like AVP(Paul WS Anderson).

I think the only REALLY BAD/AWFUL movie is AvP: Requiem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed