Should the Queen be a part of the Prequel universe?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 21, 2017, 11:43:30 AM

Should Scott include the Queen Alien as part of the Xenomorph lifecycle in his next film?

Yes
No
Author
Should the Queen be a part of the Prequel universe? (Read 32,057 times)

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: necrotard on Jun 21, 2017, 03:25:30 PM
It would be nice to see one, but all I care is that they don't contradict queens and render the prequels and sequels as not being canon with each other.

I don't think Scott would. Scott has mentioned on numerous occasions how he thought Cameron did a good job with Aliens and really respects the film. You can even see some of Cameron's attributes in Covenant. I think it would actually be kind of cool to see the alien Queen in Scott's next film. It would be one of those elements to tie the whole series together.

I'm not saying Ridley MUST put in the Queen in the film, I"m just saying it would be cool and help connect some plot points.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 21, 2017, 12:32:33 PM
No. I prefer the body horror of egg-morphing instead.
I agree completely.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 21, 2017, 12:32:33 PM
No. I prefer the body horror of egg-morphing instead.

^

426Buddy

I would be happy to see Ridleys take on the queen.

NickisSmart

To be honest, so would I, but would they break out the practical model, again, I wonder?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Well by putting the wasps into the equation they potentially set the queen mechanic up

I'm fine either way

D. Compton Ambrose

The Queen was always my favorite Alien. Not for the prequels, no. But in a future non-RS-related sequel? HELL YEAH.
"LET'S ROOOOOOOOOCK!" -Smartgun fire-

Gash

Unnecessary. So no.

Doctor Ash

We have seen so much of the queen and almost nothing about egg morphing in the movies, books and comics. Time to change this, as egg morphing is far more interesting and creepy!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G530FZ mit Tapatalk

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Jun 21, 2017, 09:12:04 PM
We have seen so much of the queen and almost nothing about egg morphing in the movies, books and comics. Time to change this, as egg morphing is far more interesting and creepy!

I agree with keeping the Queen out of the prequel films. But retconning her entirely? No.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Jun 21, 2017, 09:12:04 PM

Actually, egg morphing was shown in the Alien: Defiance comic.

FenGiddel

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 21, 2017, 01:00:00 PM
The Queen doesn't fit in with any of Scott's ideas of creation and transformation as much as eggmorphing does.  If anything has been done to death in the series it's the Queen. 

Cooked, with an apple in its mouth.

-Windebieste.
;D   We're those words, or something to that effect, uttered by Sir Riddles once...?  Who knows, maybe we'll get a Deacon Queen...

Nukiemorph

I didn't realize there was a pro-egg-morphing cult out there.  Interesting.

This Tweet had me a tad concerned he'd go against the queen concept:
https://twitter.com/Sir_RidleyScott/status/761705942908108800
(But someone correct me if this isn't his official Twitter account.  I have no idea.)

426Buddy

426Buddy

The only time we've actually seen a adult queen in the main series is at the end of aliens and for a few moments in AR.  Hardly overdone.

The queen in avp was more like a dinosaur imo.

Quote from: necrotard on Jun 22, 2017, 12:11:35 AM

(But someone correct me if this isn't his official Twitter account.  I have no idea.)

Its not official

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: necrotard on Jun 22, 2017, 12:11:35 AM

I don't think Scott does email or anything like this, especially twitter.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 22, 2017, 12:13:46 AM
The only time we've actually seen a adult queen in the main series is at the end of aliens and for a few moments in AR.  Hardly overdone.

The queen in avp was more like a dinosaur imo.

Oh goodness the Queen in AVP was utter piss. Nothing that sat on an eggsack depositing eggs for centuries would move like that! In Aliens she exhibited more of an insect/arachnid vibe than a tyrannasoaurs rex lmao.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed