Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 21, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 51,512 times)

Scorpio

He didn't know it was empty, you can't tell standing from a distance, you have to look down into it.

The gun makes no difference, really.

SM

Is it possible to shoot an attacking facehugger with a torch?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

had the egg been just hatching hicks would've shot it.

This is a silly argument and a poor attempt to excuse the atrocious stupidity of Oram's abduction

newagescamartist

Oram felt responsible for the failure of the Covenant. Using this built up frustration he kills the neomorph, confronts David, and follows him for answers. If he made one mistake it was following David by himself, but David wasn't going to let those eggs sit there with viable hosts running around on his planet for the first time in 10 years. He would have kidnapped someone to see what it would become, I can assure you. Oram was just easy pickings because he was so emotional and naive. Does it make him stupid? I would say the adrenaline and emotions clouded his judgement. It's amazing what duress can do to the mind. That's why I don't fault characters making bad decisions mid action sequence or after seeing someone brutally murdered. When they are not under duress and making these types of decisions, then yes, I'd call it stupid.

SM

He had a gun which he'd just used succesfully, and David didn't. Why wouldn't he have a false sense of security?

NickisSmart

This page in the thread inspired me to do a new video:

In Alien: Covenant, I wanted to examine David's behavior as an android, in the film, as well as Ridley's unique repeated use of the androids in the series versus other directors. Also, I had some ideas about where he's going to take the series, and why I think a sequel will inevitably get made.

TWJones

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2017, 06:53:55 AM

This is a silly argument and a poor attempt to excuse the atrocious stupidity of Oram's abduction

I wanted to see David overpower Oram and just shove his face into the egg.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 27, 2017, 06:49:06 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2017, 06:53:55 AM

I wanted to see David overpower Oram and just shove his face into the egg.

I would've preferred David sticking his hand in the egg, pulling out the facehugger, and tossing it towards Oram's face.

NickisSmart

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 27, 2017, 06:52:36 PM

I would've preferred David sticking his hand in the egg, pulling out the facehugger, and tossing it towards Oram's face.

Is that a joke? I can't tell if that's serious or not.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2017, 06:53:55 AMThis is a silly argument and a poor attempt to excuse the atrocious stupidity of Oram's abduction

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 27, 2017, 06:49:06 PMI wanted to see David overpower Oram and just shove his face into the egg.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 27, 2017, 06:52:36 PMI would've preferred David sticking his hand in the egg, pulling out the facehugger, and tossing it towards Oram's face.

Prequelitis has many symptoms, one of them being the paradoxical desire to experience reinvention and repetition simultaneously. Unfortunately, paradoxes are just so, and prequels will continue to suck.

- Dr. Hicks, PHD, USCM [A27/TQ4.0.48215E9]

TWJones

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 28, 2017, 12:37:16 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2017, 06:53:55 AMThis is a silly argument and a poor attempt to excuse the atrocious stupidity of Oram's abduction

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 27, 2017, 06:49:06 PMI wanted to see David overpower Oram and just shove his face into the egg.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 27, 2017, 06:52:36 PMI would've preferred David sticking his hand in the egg, pulling out the facehugger, and tossing it towards Oram's face.

Prequelitis has many symptoms, one of them being the paradoxical desire to experience reinvention and repetition simultaneously. Unfortunately, paradoxes are just so, and prequels will continue to suck.

- Dr. Hicks, PHD, USCM [A27/TQ4.0.48215E9]

Your diagnosis seems accurate Doctor, however I did really like Covenant. Is this also part of the symptoms of Prequelitis?

Kane's other son

Most arguments concerning "stupid" characters can be answered with "they are not actually aware they are characters in a horror movie".

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 27, 2017, 11:45:39 PM

Can't be totally confident but had to suppress a laughing fit based on this imagery (lest I wake the wife). So I enjoyed it.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jun 27, 2017, 11:45:39 PM

It's basically what happened in Spaihts' draft.

NickisSmart

Lethargic facehugger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed