Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 21, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 52,098 times)

palerider

palerider

For crying out loud , all is wishfull thinking including Ridleys comments..............Fact:  final say is FOX !.....have they ok'd it ??.....what is the latest figures of AC ?..........has Fox earned money ?..........these guys are businessman !.......they don't give a ratsass of xeno's , neo's......they simply check the bottom figure.

XenoHunter99

Quote from: palerider on Jun 22, 2017, 02:06:55 PM
For crying out loud , all is wishfull thinking including Ridleys comments.
Indeed. The speculations in this thread have no basis in anything. We go to the planet. Which planet? Could be any planet! The engineers will come back. O-kay. They come back. But the Covenant is long gone. And Ridley clearly goes off on a tangent, forgetting where he is in the conversation. You can't take any of that seriously.

Infected

Could be Lv-426 but the players arrive at "paradise" and you still have Lv-223, its really unclear what he is saying, in fact he doesnt even know what he was saying hence asking the question twice.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 22, 2017, 12:31:09 PM
Quote from: necrotard on Jun 22, 2017, 10:56:31 AM
Okay, I found a news page with the interview connected to it.  The news story is dated for June 18th.  That's only one day later than the tag on the interview clip everyone has been sharing.  MAYBE it is new.  Maybe there is hope...
http://news.mtime.com/2017/06/15/1570315.html
. .theirs glimmers of hope still. .thanks for the effort. .

The interview wouldn't have been conducted on or near that date as Scott was already busy filming "All the Money in the World" in Rome by then. He wouldn't have time to do press interviews while shooting.

And even if he was aware of the miserable box office situation at the time he would still pretend that a Covenant sequel is still on the cards for now. Fox too. That's just how it works.

tleilaxu

Would hardly call 220+ million miserable. It's disappointing, sure, but it's going to earn money. Keep in mind that all of us are going to buy the blu-ray and most of us probably also some merch.

PierreVW

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 22, 2017, 07:46:46 PM
Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 22, 2017, 12:31:09 PM
Quote from: necrotard on Jun 22, 2017, 10:56:31 AM
Okay, I found a news page with the interview connected to it.  The news story is dated for June 18th.  That's only one day later than the tag on the interview clip everyone has been sharing.  MAYBE it is new.  Maybe there is hope...
http://news.mtime.com/2017/06/15/1570315.html
. .theirs glimmers of hope still. .thanks for the effort. .

The interview wouldn't have been conducted on or near that date as Scott was already busy filming "All the Money in the World" in Rome by then. He wouldn't have time to do press interviews while shooting.

And even if he was aware of the miserable box office situation at the time he would still pretend that a Covenant sequel is still on the cards for now. Fox too. That's just how it works.

Miserable box office?.

This ISN'T like your Mummy(Tom Cruise), Female Ghostbusters, John Carter, King Arthur, etc....

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Those are f*cking awful. Veritable box office disasters. Covenant is just miserable.

D. Compton Ambrose

Perhaps for the best. RS's attempt at an Alien origin story perhaps should be compared to the attempt to bring back Ripley in A:R, both should be left up to debate. The Alien movies were always - at their core - about the immediate threat posed by the Aliens.

XENOMORPHOSIS

slacks

I don't know, it's not like Fox has a huge catalog that are bringing in the bucks.  Outside of the XMen series, Planet of the Apes, Maze Runner, what else is there?  Boss Baby?  Snatched with Amy Shumer? Fantastic Four rebooted for the 4th time?
The leaked Predator script for sure spells disaster.  And if they are relying on Avatar sequels, they have to wait 4 more years (if A2 opens in 2020) before getting paid. 

I think they could easily do another Alien movie.  From the interview, I think Ridley is the one unsure what to focus on in the next film.

palerider

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Jun 22, 2017, 09:00:24 PM
Perhaps for the best. RS's attempt at an Alien origin story perhaps should be compared to the attempt to bring back Ripley in A:R, both should be left up to debate. The Alien movies were always - at their core - about the immediate threat posed by the Aliens.

Please o pretty please with cherry on top.....lets forget Ripley........David F**king Fincher killed her fullstop

NickisSmart

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 22, 2017, 11:56:10 PM
The moment he goes on a rambling then says "sorry I've lost the plot what was the question again?" Oh Ridley.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q81/s480x480/19420844_10213461419868312_6860190118852346968_n.jpg?oh=49d9b11731188ad43e5167b1035cced9&oe=59D1E63F

Newsflash: Everyone is. Lindelof, Cameron, Scott--everyone.

PierreVW

Quote from: holeyshirt18 on Jun 23, 2017, 03:20:09 AM
I don't know, it's not like Fox has a huge catalog that are bringing in the bucks.  Outside of the XMen series, Planet of the Apes, Maze Runner, what else is there?  Boss Baby?  Snatched with Amy Shumer? Fantastic Four rebooted for the 4th time?
The leaked Predator script for sure spells disaster.  And if they are relying on Avatar sequels, they have to wait 4 more years (if A2 opens in 2020) before getting paid. 

I think they could easily do another Alien movie.  From the interview, I think Ridley is the one unsure what to focus on in the next film.

I agree.

FOX lost its biggest franchise: Star Wars.

So, FOX needs Sir Ridley Scott, James Cameron and All A-List Directors.

cliffhanger

Honestly, i'm very let down by Covenant as i think it's just a huge turdpile. Frankly, i've really lost a lot of hope in this movie, and it's more or less destroyed the franchise forever.

still, have to deal with it and accept it. i dont want to, but there's not much choice.

anyway, focusing on then what i personally think is one of the things that all other movies, except Cameron's, have failed in, is the ambience/atmosphere of the first movie.

the first movie was essentially a combination of 'sad, emptyness, lost, loneliness / desolation, darnkess, nightmare, worst case scenario, betrayal, constant danger, vastness of space'.

it was very dark, and very earthly/basic in hitting all the right negative emotions.

It was above all, the very opposite of what was going on in Hollywood back then, when everything sci-fi was more or less 'fantastic, fabolous, marvellous'.
Light, happyness, grand things.

Alien, then, was the opposite. cold and grim. A vast, empty space. following a absolutely normal, could say boring, standard, crew, of people doing nothing impressive, but doing labour work for little wage; mining. cliché work in space, but well, fitting. space exploration not of interest - mining resources ; thus business, trade, money. a ship that looked old and worn. nothing fantastic, nothing faboulous.
down-to earth, realistic stuff.

then first contact, nothing ever before, an ALIEN signal. wow. something that is completely not like anybody has ever seen, or seen designed before.
and it's also very, very dark. nothing fantastic, nothing magical. something dark and grim. realistic. and then shit happens. a parasite. not a battle of good vs evil. not a case of sudden interstellar war. not a case of humanity vs something else for planets or exploration or territory.

basic; survival when facing danger from a parasite, which is alien, and not a tiny thing, and all of that in the worst possible location; space. metal hull around you that could get damaged and you'd die. not a case of swordfighting, not a case of gunfighting, not a battle of equal power, but a battle against a creature, something, never seen before, that is dark, supernaturally strong, and fully hostile.

not a dumb crew, just a damn normal crew that faces stress from the situation and taking it's toll. just like in real life.

prometheus, covenant however are miles away from that.

marvellous, amazing, super high-tech super comfy ships and stuff. a wonderfull world with advanced technology, advanced medical technology,
space exploration goals, not sudden, unexpected contact with alien lifeforms, no, not a question of are there aliens, other lifeforms, or are we alone?
no, some cave drawings that claim humanity has been in contact with aliens for millenia, it's just a good while ago that it happened last, so, let's check out where they come from as that is what they seem to say / invite in those drawings.

an adventure story. not horror. not darkness. not scary stuff. not something new or interesting, just, a friggin adventure story that uses already existing stuff and smashes it into the storyline to grab viewers through hyping, instead of quality.
and then the adventure story is not at all about what we think, it's about a friggin mental robot, both in prometheus as in covenant.
characters we care about get killed off without honerable mention.

the elements that originally made it so mysterious and interesting, discarded and disregarded. the derelict ship? yeah, here it is, nothing to see here, normal. let's get in and out and not give attention. lets also not focus on an alien civilization, that seems some human parallels in romanesque architecture, nah. just a minute or so and lets implement bad cgi unneccesary murder and change it into a gay rape/violation movie.

NickisSmart

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jun 23, 2017, 08:04:00 PM
Honestly, i'm very let down by Covenant as i think it's just a huge turdpile. Frankly, i've really lost a lot of hope in this movie, and it's more or less destroyed the franchise forever.

Wow, dramatic, much?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed