Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 21, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Return of Engineers for Alien: Covenant Sequel (Read 51,501 times)

Corporal Hicks

In a recent interview with Sir Ridley Scott recorded during the Alien: Covenant press junkets, Scott talks a little about what’s he has in store for the Alien: Covenant sequel (also currently known as Alien: Awakening)!

“They’ll be three or four different players coming in to investigate. One of which will be the Engineers arriving back to find their planet decimated. I think those ships come and go on regular intervals. I see them as the gardeners of space.

Where we go next is obvious. We’re gonna actually go to the planet. In so doing…I’m not going to tell you the story!

When Ridley says “the planet” I assume he may be talking about LV-426 as that seems one of the more direct and obvious ways in which the Alien prequels would tie into Alien. Or possibly back to Paradise judging from the Engineers involvement. Or he make just mean the Covenant’s destination, Origae-6. Thanks to 0321recon and acidreign for the link.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant and Alien: Covenant 2! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

x-M-x

palerider

That is damn good news from Ridley.........any news from Fox?

Huggs

Definitely sounds like lv-426. Not sure what or who the three of four different players are. Obviously there are no ties to the predator universe, so that's out. So the film will go from the engineer homeworld and transition to 426? I assume that's where David is headed with the thousands of colonists he most likely transforms into the eggs from the first movie. Either way, glad to hear we may see home base again. At long last. Pizmo beach and all the clams we can eat. Albuquerque's in the rear view baby.  :)

Hemi

wonder if shaw put any extra bolts in Davids nek...I think he's going to need those...  :P

LV-12986

Excellent, well it's obvious it's going to happen to explain how the ship got to lv426!

Be interesting to see how Scott will play out the engineers and David encountering each other again...

We should see a queen...

Will we see Daniels and Tennessee tho?

palerider

How many eggs were there on the derelict ship in Alien ?......2000 ?
How many habitants on the vessel Covenant?......2000 ?

2+2=4......you have the answer  ;)

LV-12986

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 21, 2017, 08:38:09 AM
Definitely sounds like lv-426. Not sure what or who the three of four different players are. Obviously there are no ties to the predator universe, so that's out. So the film will go from the engineer homeworld and transition to 426? I assume that's where David is headed with the thousands of colonists he most likely transforms into the eggs from the first movie. Either way, glad to hear we may see home base again. At long last. Pizmo beach and all the clams we can eat. Albuquerque's in the rear view baby.  :)

Going off the river pain novel, the eggs in the derelict are from a queen but who knows weather Scott will follow this...

Beardomorph

TOLD. YOU. SO.
I'll have that virtual coke now, thanks.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LV-12986 on Jun 21, 2017, 08:47:37 AM
Going off the river pain novel, the eggs in the derelict are from a queen but who knows weather Scott will follow this...

Scott wont be tied to the novels. I think we're going in the direction of something like the eggs being the Covenant's cargo and that ship being a recent crash.

Narrowly escaped that with Prometheus and now it's circling back around.  :'( I am interested in seeing more of the Engineers though!

wmmvrrvrrmm

Possibly quite optimistic about the plot of the next film

LV-12986

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 21, 2017, 08:59:40 AM
Quote from: LV-12986 on Jun 21, 2017, 08:47:37 AM

Scott wont be tied to the novels. I think we're going in the direction of something like the eggs being the Covenant's cargo and that ship being a recent crash.

Narrowly escaped that with Prometheus and now it's circling back around.  :'( I am interested in seeing more of the Engineers though!

How would he get the eggs aboard the derelict? That's a lot of eggs to carry :'(

I'm looking forward to seeing more engineers, it was never the end of them after covenant, there was never just one military installation or habitat for them

RawMeat

The eggs were never "onboard" the Derelict, they are underground in an installation, a cave system of sorts, the Derelict sits on top of the place, docking there or something similar.

Jonesy1974

It all comes together brilliantly for me. The basis of the film sounds absolutely amazing.

Just hope it actually happens!

Hemi

Either way...he will need to carry a shitload of eggs from one place to another. Maybe he has some help or something?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed