Should FOX conclude Ripley 8's story?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 17, 2017, 10:34:15 PM

Should FOX make a sequel to Alien Resurrection and conclude Ripley 8's story?

Yes
No
Author
Should FOX conclude Ripley 8's story? (Read 7,049 times)

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

I personally think Resurrection is good enough to warrant a sequel and hopefully a descent enough film to conclude Ripley 8's story.

What do you guys think?

The Alien Predator

I would like to see it concluded.

SiL

I think they concluded her story twice now.

SM

SM

She's home.  It's different but so is she.  Any conclusion would require a new beginning.

Rankles75

I would like to see the film, and the stupid cloning nonsense, scrubbed from existence...

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jun 17, 2017, 10:45:02 PM
I would like to see the film, and the stupid cloning nonsense, scrubbed from existence...

I mean they could re-tune all that in a sequel but you can't scrap that stuff if you are going to be doing a sequel with Ripley 8 in it. I'm not talking about a Blomkamp Aliens film, I'm talking about taking some of the elements Jeunet had created from Resurrection and doing a direct sequel with Sigourney in it, concluding the story of her character Ripley 8 in the process.

Scorpio

Hell yes, I've been waiting for a sequel for 20 years. 

None of this retcon nonsense, we need the real Alien 5.

426Buddy

I felt the A:R provided a good enough conclusion. Ripley made it home, even though she died and was cloned before doing so.

I would rather not have a direct sequel to that film.

Lonely Universe

No way. The less that film is referenced the better.

Nukiemorph

Not sure that more of an ending is needed.

But I have been curious to see a continuation, so I ordered the Original Sin novel, which is apparently the only novel that's ever continued Ripley 8's story.  (I hear it includes a pre-Prometheus depiction of engineers though, so it probably won't fit into the canon anymore.)

As for a film depiction, the older Sigourney gets, the less I want to see her play this new, animalistic, sexualized version of Ripley...

Local Trouble

The only way I'd be in favor of it is if Ripley mutates into a Gigeresque hybrid like Sil, Sarah Kerrigan and the Borg queen all in one.

Let her wreak furious vengeance upon the dregs of humanity that would use the aliens to prey upon their fellow man.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 18, 2017, 09:19:55 PM
The only way I'd be in favor of it is if Ripley mutates into a Gigeresque hybrid like Sil, Sarah Kerrigan and the Borg queen all in one.

Let her wreak furious vengeance upon the dregs of humanity that would use the aliens to prey upon their fellow man.
I actually like this idea.  It would be a logical continuation of the off-the-wall weirdness of Resurrection.  But I don't think it would go over well with many people.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Let her begin her vengeance with the evil itself : WEYLAND - YUTANI.* I'd like to see her use her newly-developed talons to carve her late daughter's name into the faces of the greedy executives.

Yeah, I'd happily pay to see that.

* Or whatever entity is applicable.

Corporal Hicks

While Resurrection wraps her up quite nicely, I do think Ripley 8 is a really interesting character that Resurrection didn't play with quite enough. I'd love to see a new film that explores her connection to the Alien in more detail. Also - *obligatory comment about wanting to see a Giger-esque hiveworld*

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 18, 2017, 09:41:57 PM

Let her begin her vengeance with the evil itself : WEYLAND - YUTANI.* I'd like to see her use her newly-developed talons to carve her late daughter's name into the faces of the greedy executives.

Yeah, I'd happily pay to see that.

* Or whatever entity is applicable.
Well since aliens need to combine with parts of other organisms to be born, what if she started assimilating with an entire ship, turning the entire thing into a living, Giger-esque, biomechanical Hell?  Species/Akira/Virus all rolled into one with nonstop Giger-inspired design everywhere, all with Sigourney Weaver's voice emminating from it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed