Which Alien film was the most boring?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 15, 2017, 06:53:02 PM

Which Alien film was the most boring and blaze?

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Alien Covenant
Author
Which Alien film was the most boring? (Read 18,066 times)

PierreVW

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 04, 2017, 06:57:09 PM
Can just about understand people not liking Aliens, but honestly can't see how anyone would find it boring...  :-\

It's overblown like all James Cameron movies minus the original Terminator.

Cameron has the tendency to kill the rythm with overlong scenes in all of his movies. His movies are too long.

Other Directors has the other tendency: they made their films too short.

Olde

Olde

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 04, 2017, 06:00:12 AM
No no, I understand. I'm wrong. Olde thinks I'm wrong.
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 04, 2017, 04:08:28 PM
Yes, continue having the mindset that someone's opinion can be wrong. It'll serve you well.
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 05, 2017, 05:11:26 PM
Don't be stupid.

BishopShould Go, I wanted to inform you that I have reported you for breaking AvP Galaxy's first rule:

Quote- Be Nice & Respectful. Be nice to other members. While a forum is for debating issues, just plain insulting people will not be tolerated.

You are demonstrating childish behaviour by insulting others and myself by acting like others are making a personal affront against you simply because they may not agree with you on what is ultimately an inconsequential issue. I suggest you shape up.

RidgeTop

Drop the attitude BishopShouldGo. Feel free to have a disagreement of opinion and argue your point just leave the insults and condescension out of it.

BishopShouldGo

Thank you RidgeTop for reorienting me. Will do.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Olde on Jul 06, 2017, 08:12:05 AM
BishopShould Go, I wanted to inform you that I have reported you for breaking AvP Galaxy's first rule:

Quote- Be Nice & Respectful. Be nice to other members. While a forum is for debating issues, just plain insulting people will not be tolerated.

I thought that was Fight Club.

Dachande

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2017, 12:22:52 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 18, 2017, 11:08:19 AM
None of them bore me, honestly. I have issues with some of the films but I'm never bored.

Yeah. I would have to agree with PsyKore above. I'd never call any of them boring. Sometimes I may not be in the mood to watch a certain film but that's different.

This. I find the beginning of Alien slow, but its never boring. All the films keep me somewhat engaged all the time.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2017, 03:00:26 AM
Also I'm not sure what's terribly humanizing about Perez or Wren.  They wanted live human hosts for medical experiments.  Williamson at least has the manners to look away when the hosts get hugged.  Wren smiles.

Yeah the only scientist (in the film) that has any humanity is Gediman who visibly cries during the egg scene and talks to Ripley 8 with some respect, calling her by proper pronouns instead of the dehumanizing "it" like Perez did and I believe he asked if they could keep her alive. But then Gediman turned out to be bats*** insane himself and given his behavior during the monitoring scene, he was pretty eccentric before being captured. The novel version states that quite a few scientists were very uncomfortable during the egg scene, I believe some threw up? haven't read it in awhile.

SM

SM

I read Gedimans tears to be joyous.

BishopShouldGo

Did Williamson end up escaping?

SM

SM

Yes.

monkeylove

The last three.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Jul 12, 2017, 01:11:03 AM
I read Gedimans tears to be joyous.

His facial expressions while crying seem to indicate sadness/remorse, though I wouldn't be surprised if he did cry out of joy  :laugh:

SpreadEagleBeagle

Definitely PROM for me. All the quasi-existential ancient astronaut mumbo-jumbo didn't do it for me and the editing butchered the flow. I've watched PROM five times since it came out (two of those being fan-edits).

The happy alien

Prometheus

BigDaddyJohn

I'd say Covenant. The first two have perfect pacing for me, the third one is very close, Resurrection was middling but I don't consider it really boring. Prometheus wasn't what I would call a boring movie too, but definitely has flaws in this regard.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed