Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 41,957 times)

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing November's work then!

Frosty98B

Guys, I have a bad news, very bad. The team behind the Revive Project of Battlefield 2/2142/Heroes agreed on abandoning the project after it got hit with C&D by Electornic Arts.
This means the end of the master server and it will make Acheron co-op matches either harder to set or downright impossible. As far as I know, a singleplayer ranking can be added but I'm afraid that SP rounds only will kind of ruin the player's experience as it's a non-linear sandbox game.

Corporal Hicks

Ah, that sucks. Really sorry to hear that Frosty98B.

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2017, 01:37:29 PM
Ah, that sucks. Really sorry to hear that Frosty98B.
Fortunately, it seems like there there is gonna be a way to play it anyway, thanks to the Dethklok guys (who've had their servers running long before the Revive team showed up), so even though it might be a bit harder to make the game work with their "solution", I'll try to post some tutorial once the mod's out. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Ah, brilliant! Glad to hear it's not all done then.

Frosty98B

We've got an animator!!! The work on the pulse rifle's animations has just begun... :D

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Hey I dont play this Battlefield game, but I'm seeing all the progress you are making with your mod, and it looks really good! I've only played a little bit of Battlefield 3 on ps3 i think it was, it was a fun game, I can see how an Aliens mod for that type of game would be a blast if such a mod were completed. Good luck!

Frosty98B

Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Nov 04, 2017, 10:24:21 PM
Hey I dont play this Battlefield game, but I'm seeing all the progress you are making with your mod, and it looks really good! I've only played a little bit of Battlefield 3 on ps3 i think it was, it was a fun game, I can see how an Aliens mod for that type of game would be a blast if such a mod were completed. Good luck!
Yay, thank you so much, matey! 2142 is the best BF game for many of those who gave it a try and it turned out to have quite a few features that an Aliens-inspired mod could use. Like I said, when the first version's ready to be played, I'll be sure to post some simple tutorial on how to install the game, so you can give it a try if you'll feel like it.

ChocolateNinja

Nice to see that you are still updating on this mod. It's very hard to do this and you do all the the stuff from zero. Let's wait now for some gameplay video. ;)

Frosty98B

Quote from: ChocolateNinja on Nov 12, 2017, 06:34:06 PM
Nice to see that you are still updating on this mod. It's very hard to do this and you do all the the stuff from zero. Let's wait now for some gameplay video. ;)
Not really a gameplay video but still a video!

The most recent update of the APC's textures - still not their final looks though! :)

Frosty98B

If You're interested, feel free to join Acheron's Discord server for updates, any questions or suggestions.

Frosty98B

An early pre-stage of the M41A's animations. The animator wanted it to be clear that this is not the final looks of it.

Hope you guys like it. :)

Never say no to Panda!

Looks nice.

Just out of curiosity 'cause i modded Skyrim...what are BF's limitations or common sizes when it comes to texture size and polycount?

Thx & Greetings

Frosty98B

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Nov 25, 2017, 06:38:18 PM
Looks nice.

Just out of curiosity 'cause i modded Skyrim...what are BF's limitations or common sizes when it comes to texture size and polycount?

Thx & Greetings
Thank you. I'm not very well informed about these things in general but I can tell you that I've never seen any weapon or vehicle texture larger 4096x4096 and I know that BF modders in general consider that a limit. 30k is probably the limit (or close to the limit) of the vehicle polycount but I really have no idea about the weapons' polycount. ;)

Never say no to Panda!

Well, sounds similar to Skyrim then...common max texture size was 4k and polycount <5k weapons, round 10k for chars. Ofc higher poly count would work as well. Was just curious if such a relative old game could handle modern sizes or was limited to something like 512 or 1k texture and extra low poly counts. Thanks for the reply!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed