"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life."

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 15, 2017, 04:46:35 AM

Author
"Breathe on the nostrils of a horse and he'll be yours for life." (Read 13,812 times)

Rudiger

Nope. Hated it. Far too contrived.

I thought that was about as low as the film could go. Then came the egg chamber scene.

Ingwar

Why Neomorph did run away when David used flare weapon (made by Weyland Industries)?
Why Neomorph didn't attack David in the citadel?

It's the biggest WTF moment in whole movie.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 15, 2017, 03:37:33 PM
I think David's reaction when Oram shot the xenomorph was incredible. His facial expressions, "It trusted me!"
You knew he had it in for Oram from that moment on.
Yes, that line, "it trusted me!", I loved it.

LastSurvivor92

I think David's reaction when Oram shot the xenomorph was incredible. His facial expressions, "It trusted me!"

:D One of the best scenes in the film.

Jonesy1974

Yeah that moment made Oram the chosen one

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 15, 2017, 05:18:47 PM

"Communication Captain..."

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 15, 2017, 05:32:12 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jun 15, 2017, 05:18:47 PM

"Communication Captain..."

Damn I wish it was on bluray already!

Snake

I believe it fits the movie perfectly.

David is an android after all, so does he even know fear? Has he actually got anything to lose from risking his life talking to this creature? I doubt any human would take such a risk, which just shows David still is an android and not a real boy.  ;)

It rhymes with Alien somewhat. David admires the neomorph, like Ash admired the chestburster. Ash also wanted to protect this entirely new lifeform: 'Don't touch it!'

But in Alien the creature was small and hardly a threat. In AC, the neomorph is as big as a man when David confronts it. So in a way this android simply took it to the next level, which is awesome!

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 15, 2017, 05:04:14 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 15, 2017, 05:00:25 AM
Really wish they would've gone somewhere with this.

Alien Resurrection has a lot of the quirky/interesting relationship moments between human and xenomorph. Check it out.
There was more characterization of the alien in A:R, no doubt.  Apparently someone in Covenant's crew remembered Gediman's face-dance with the creature...   ;D

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 15, 2017, 04:46:35 AM
Anyone else find this to be one of the most unnerving moments in the entire film?

https://ytimg.googleusercontent.com/vi/FQBVZO8ZFBQ/mqdefault.jpg
Also, damn...Oram really must of been touched by Satan as a child. He'd f**k up my perfect composure anyday.
It was creepy, indeed.  I thought of Ash and the implications of things he said in his last words...

cliffhanger

I don't think you should read Ash was protecting the creature when he said 'dont touch it' - he was merely stating the knew nothing about it and therefor could be contagious or harmful in many ways.

Was Ash actually protecting it? I'm not that sure, the order was the 'specimen' must be retrieved and human life was 'expendable'. He did little to protect the humans from the alien, that doens't mean it was actually protecting the xenomorph - matter of fact, he actually brought them a tracker that operates on 'micro air density'. if he wanted to protect the alien, he would have locked it in the airlock alltogether - or simply grabbed the flamethrower, threw dallas out of the airlock and burn the rest of the crew. He merely killed ripley because she became a danger for his assignment, so he - perfectly like the thinking of a machine - took her out of the equasion. Then the rest of the crew started to intervene and he had to act accordingly, not the least because he himself suddenly became under threat.

For Ash, there only existed mission objectives - that is his goal and purpose.

Anyway, as for David and the Oram and Neomorph scene - i hated it to the bone.
There was no sense that the neo left oram unattended, there was no sense that he didn't feel endangered by david. Even if it's somehow able to distinguish between machine (non-life) and human (non-botanical life), it makes no sense that he did not percieve it either way as a danger despite that.

Also it looked really bad CGI, the lighting was absolutely dreadfull.

David's reaction was spot on though, that was great. Storywise then oram following david whom he didn't trust anyway like a sheep to the slaughterhouse was just an embarassment and really an insult to scripting or storytelling completely. I don't know if the movie's intention was to portray people who have faith and believe in a higher power as dumbasses, but if that is the idea, it tries really hard indeed. "Trust me" says david literally and oram looks straight into something creepy and weird. sure.

it was horrendeously bad writing, and a scene i found rather insulting, unbelievable, and really laughable when i watched it. i was sitting with my hands wide open like WTF when i saw that scene, and then not much later the flute scene appeared.

i was also rather annoyed with how they portrayed david when he was actually throwing friggin rocks at oram. that was 'seriously'? and then the xeno popped, looked way different, and then the arm movements......no just no. the movie to me really ended there as being able to be taken serious even in the slightest.

so no, it was a really, really stupid scene that made no sense.

tleilaxu

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jun 15, 2017, 06:04:51 PM
Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 15, 2017, 05:04:14 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 15, 2017, 05:00:25 AM
Really wish they would've gone somewhere with this.

Alien Resurrection has a lot of the quirky/interesting relationship moments between human and xenomorph. Check it out.
There was more characterization of the alien in A:R, no doubt.  Apparently someone in Covenant's crew remembered Gediman's face-dance with the creature...   ;D

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 15, 2017, 04:46:35 AM
Anyone else find this to be one of the most unnerving moments in the entire film?

https://ytimg.googleusercontent.com/vi/FQBVZO8ZFBQ/mqdefault.jpg
Also, damn...Oram really must of been touched by Satan as a child. He'd f**k up my perfect composure anyday.
It was creepy, indeed.  I thought of Ash and the implications of things he said in his last words...
Yeah, same here. Maybe Ash was actually telling a half-truth. Maybe you CAN communicate with these creatures. It was also notably calm when it first sneaked up on Rosenthal, only killing her as she was reaching for her weapon.

Snake

Snake

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jun 15, 2017, 06:10:46 PM
I don't think you should read Ash was protecting the creature when he said 'dont touch it' - he was merely stating the knew nothing about it and therefor could be contagious or harmful in many ways.

No, it really seemed like he didn't want anyone to harm it, thus protecting it.

QuoteWas Ash actually protecting it? I'm not that sure, the order was the 'specimen' must be retrieved and human life was 'expendable'. He did little to protect the humans from the alien, that doens't mean it was actually protecting the xenomorph - matter of fact, he actually brought them a tracker that operates on 'micro air density'. if he wanted to protect the alien, he would have locked it in the airlock alltogether - or simply grabbed the flamethrower, threw dallas out of the airlock and burn the rest of the crew. He merely killed ripley because she became a danger for his assignment, so he - perfectly like the thinking of a machine - took her out of the equasion. Then the rest of the crew started to intervene and he had to act accordingly, not the least because he himself suddenly became under threat.

The order to bring back the lifeform had top priority, so therefore the crew was expendable. And Ash probably just made a tracking device, because he wanted to test the alien's abilities and he knew they didn't stand a chance.

QuoteFor Ash, there only existed mission objectives - that is his goal and purpose.

I agree.

QuoteAnyway, as for David and the Oram and Neomorph scene - i hated it to the bone.
There was no sense that the neo left oram unattended, there was no sense that he didn't feel endangered by david. Even if it's somehow able to distinguish between machine (non-life) and human (non-botanical life), it makes no sense that he did not percieve it either way as a danger despite that

Would you feel threatened by something/someone who is a fair bit smaller than you? I also believe it was too focused on/ mesmerised by David for it to even acknowledge Oram's presence. He took it out by surprise, which seems fair enough.

QuoteAlso it looked really bad CGI, the lighting was absolutely dreadfull.

It looked gorgeous to me.

QuoteDavid's reaction was spot on though, that was great. Storywise then oram following david whom he didn't trust anyway like a sheep to the slaughterhouse was just an embarassment and really an insult to scripting or storytelling completely. I don't know if the movie's intention was to portray people who have faith and believe in a higher power as dumbasses, but if that is the idea, it tries really hard indeed. "Trust me" says david literally and oram looks straight into something creepy and weird. sure.

It's a nod to the original. If he didn't there wouldn't be a 'xeno'.

Quoteit was horrendeously bad writing, and a scene i found rather insulting, unbelievable, and really laughable when i watched it. i was sitting with my hands wide open like WTF when i saw that scene, and then not much later the flute scene appeared.

The flute scene was meant to give David's thoughts and emotions some deeper thought and it worked quite wonderfully.

Quotei was also rather annoyed with how they portrayed david when he was actually throwing friggin rocks at oram. that was 'seriously'? and then the xeno popped, looked way different, and then the arm movements......no just no. the movie to me really ended there as being able to be taken serious even in the slightest.

It implied David was sitting there for a long time and since androids aren't seemingly endowed with patience,he wanted to get things going a lot quicker. The xeno mimicking David was superb, showing that this is a sentient being and that it can communicate on a surface level. Its not just some dumb bug.

Quoteso no, it was a really, really stupid scene that made no sense.

I beg to differ.

TWJones

Quote from: Solid_Snake on Jun 15, 2017, 05:39:41 PM
I believe it fits the movie perfectly.

David is an android after all, so does he even know fear? Has he actually got anything to lose from risking his life talking to this creature? I doubt any human would take such a risk, which just shows David still is an android and not a real boy.  ;)

It rhymes with Alien somewhat. David admires the neomorph, like Ash admired the chestburster. Ash also wanted to protect this entirely new lifeform: 'Don't touch it!'

But in Alien the creature was small and hardly a threat. In AC, the neomorph is as big as a man when David confronts it. So in a way this android simply took it to the next level, which is awesome!

Excellent observation!

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jun 15, 2017, 06:10:46 PM

Was Ash actually protecting it? I'm not that sure, the order was the 'specimen' must be retrieved and human life was 'expendable'. He did little to protect the humans from the alien, that doens't mean it was actually protecting the xenomorph - matter of fact, he actually brought them a tracker that operates on 'micro air density'. if he wanted to protect the alien, he would have locked it in the airlock alltogether - or simply grabbed the flamethrower, threw dallas out of the airlock and burn the rest of the crew. He merely killed ripley because she became a danger for his assignment, so he - perfectly like the thinking of a machine - took her out of the equasion. Then the rest of the crew started to intervene and he had to act accordingly, not the least because he himself suddenly became under threat.

For Ash, there only existed mission objectives - that is his goal and purpose.

Anyway, as for David and the Oram and Neomorph scene - i hated it to the bone.
There was no sense that the neo left oram unattended, there was no sense that he didn't feel endangered by david. Even if it's somehow able to distinguish between machine (non-life) and human (non-botanical life), it makes no sense that he did not percieve it either way as a danger despite that.

Also it looked really bad CGI, the lighting was absolutely dreadfull.

David's reaction was spot on though, that was great. Storywise then oram following david whom he didn't trust anyway like a sheep to the slaughterhouse was just an embarassment and really an insult to scripting or storytelling completely. I don't know if the movie's intention was to portray people who have faith and believe in a higher power as dumbasses, but if that is the idea, it tries really hard indeed. "Trust me" says david literally and oram looks straight into something creepy and weird. sure.

it was horrendeously bad writing, and a scene i found rather insulting, unbelievable, and really laughable when i watched it. i was sitting with my hands wide open like WTF when i saw that scene, and then not much later the flute scene appeared.

i was also rather annoyed with how they portrayed david when he was actually throwing friggin rocks at oram. that was 'seriously'? and then the xeno popped, looked way different, and then the arm movements......no just no. the movie to me really ended there as being able to be taken serious even in the slightest.

so no, it was a really, really stupid scene that made no sense.

I agree with most of your thoughts. The screenwriters tried *really* hard to telegraph David's complete and utter contempt and disregard for humanity, and I think this is the purpose of the rock-throwing scene and also the scene where David shoves the patch into Lope's face. He's basically saying "wake up you stupid piece of sh*t."

As for the chestburster scene and David mimicking one another...smh.  ::)

Mr. Clemens

That neomorph scene was also my favourite in the film. I liked how it sort of echoed how the alien looked at Lambert, and later Jones in the B-deck corridor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed