King Alien Problems

Started by Morose, Jun 13, 2017, 12:42:57 AM

Author
King Alien Problems (Read 780 times)

Morose

Morose

Hello everyone,

I need to state this information because I feel that any alien fan out there who is thinking about purchasing the alien king statue from sideshow needs to be informed of the pros and cons.

To begin with when I first got my King Alien statue it was defective. The magnets did not bond to each other and thus the three pieces to the item did not connect. I sent it back to Sideshow and they sent a replacement.

The replacement also had problems. There were glue stains under the arms, hair in the paint, the tails on the back didn't align with the back sockets and the sculpt on the bottom of the neck prevented the top piece from perfectly connecting to the body.

On top of this the paint is nowhere near the level that was presented on their online pictures and videos

Now I can understand problems like these happening with a $100 to maybe a $200 dollar statue, but a $1000 dollar statue? Sideshow Collectibles and Legacy had an entire year to prepare this product and to sell such an item with this quality for that high of a price is unacceptable.

Thankfully I do have some experience in craft and will be attempting to fix these issues. I don't want to surrender this product since it is a very fascinating design and sculpt. I will be posting pictures of the product and my repairs to it in the future.

In the meantime for those that want to buy this product, be warned.

Morose

Morose

I was going to make changes to the statue. However after taking another look at its parts and details, it appears that this may be a futile task. I will be sending a message to sideshow to see what they can do.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Morose on Jun 25, 2017, 03:25:29 AM
I was going to make changes to the statue. However after taking another look at its parts and details, it appears that this may be a futile task. I will be sending a message to sideshow to see what they can do.
For that much money, I'd be on the phone with them demanding a flawless replacement with free next day shipping or a 100% refund.

Morose

Morose

I got another replacement and it has no problems.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed