AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 42,092 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 16, 2017, 05:37:27 AM
Just saw the interviews, good job on getting access and getting them done wow. But man, the questions especially to Scott, Fassbender & the rest of the crew were kinda..plain. Lush New Zealand planet good for an Alien movie??? This isn't Predator man sorry..That was one if the biggest mistakes saw it right away, dunno wtf others see in a f green planet being good for an Alien movie..

Could have asked him why he thought cgi Aliens would work well when we already know cgi and horror/terror don't mix well like in all the other shit alien movies. These Aliens moved like in Alien Res when one jumps in an escape pod.

Could have asked him why he thought a David story was more important than an Alien story..

Should have just asked him in the end why or who didn't see the stupid parts in the fkin editing and cut or redo them..

Actually should have just asked him why he made a 6.8 rated dumb ass Alien movie.

And should have asked the first idiot from the crew how stupid he felt when David asked him to look inside the egg.

Like the other monkey said, I fell asleep with my eyes open..

What a weak movie..it's already forgotten and will never be talked about much.

Fiorland was picked I suspect for the spectacle.  Same reason Wadi Rum was used in Prometheus.

That's some champagne bitterness btw

Corporal Hicks

I had a hundred and one questions for Ridley and time for only 3. I've previously said I felt like I wasted that interview but I can guarantee you that I'd never have phrased any questions in that manner.

Think what we want about the man and the recent films but there's a certain decorum to this kind of thing. If you ever get the chance, however, good luck with those!

Ingwar

Quote from: Alionic on Jun 15, 2017, 03:54:42 AM
Do ya'll think Covenant will get nominated for Best Visual Effects at the Academy like Prometheus did?

No.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2017, 07:23:04 AM
I had a hundred and one questions for Ridley and time for only 3. I've previously said I felt like I wasted that interview but I can guarantee you that I'd never have phrased any questions in that manner.

Think what we want about the man and the recent films but there's a certain decorum to this kind of thing. If you ever get the chance, however, good luck with those!
Any time you're on tape, be it video or audio, you'll critique yourself mercilessly.  I think you conducted yourself well, given what a huge fan you are.  Your Fox contacts should be relieved and will probably facilitate future such opportunities.

To illustrate how badly it could've gone, here's a true story:  I'll never forget watching a fan interview of his favorite celebrity.  All agog at the chance to talk to the guy, he asked, "So where do you see yourself and the band in five years", a typical but trite question.  The look on that fan's face when the celeb responded, "Dead. All dead," (as he took an exasperated drag off his cigarette) was sad.  I was embarrassed for the guy, since obviously he loved the band, but didn't think about how many times they're interviewed and how sick they get of the same old questions, or fan-gushing.

You avoided both.

Again, the attention Fassbender paid your questions was amazing.  Scott looked tired, but F was rapt.  Maybe that's just how he rolls, but you could've very well gotten barely-concealed contempt or something akin to the story I related.   ;D

Nostromo

Nostromo

To SiL: ANd this is a reason why this franchise sucks so much now, because of fanboys like yourself who will digest any manure put out there. Good effin luck lol.

To Hicks: The interview was great, just thought the questions were extremely plain. That's all I'm saying, hope I'm entitle to my opinion.

Protozoid

Protozoid

I, for one, am glad Hicks was asking the questions, and not you, Nostromo. Decorum is important, and Scott doesn't deserve to be grilled on his big day. Hicks did great, and will do even better next time. The tough questions should be reserved for the producers who oversaw the development of the story and the final cut, IMHO. Perhaps the screenwriter of the final draft, too. I get the impression that Scott's hands were tied.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: FenGiddel on Jun 16, 2017, 12:41:15 PM

Any time you're on tape, be it video or audio, you'll critique yourself mercilessly.  I think you conducted yourself well, given what a huge fan you are.  Your Fox contacts should be relieved and will probably facilitate future such opportunities.

To illustrate how badly it could've gone, here's a true story:  I'll never forget watching a fan interview of his favorite celebrity.  All agog at the chance to talk to the guy, he asked, "So where do you see yourself and the band in five years", a typical but trite question.  The look on that fan's face when the celeb responded, "Dead. All dead," (as he took an exasperated drag off his cigarette) was sad.  I was embarrassed for the guy, since obviously he loved the band, but didn't think about how many times they're interviewed and how sick they get of the same old questions, or fan-gushing.

You avoided both.

Again, the attention Fassbender paid your questions was amazing.  Scott looked tired, but F was rapt.  Maybe that's just how he rolls, but you could've very well gotten barely-concealed contempt or something akin to the story I related.   ;D

Haha... yeah Hicks did just fine. Good questions as well, he gave the impression that he had been following the production closely.

To illustrate how badly it could've gone, here's another true story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beDN-q3UcbY

426Buddy

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 16, 2017, 03:35:12 PM
To SiL: ANd this is a reason why this franchise sucks so much now, because of fanboys like yourself who will digest any manure put out there. Good effin luck lol.

You are awful.

Salt The Fries

Don't worry, man. I had the same thing happen when I was interviewing a band called CocoRosie last year. My set of questions had a certain chronology to it and I had to wrap it up earlier than I thought and thus I only talked about certain aspects pertaining to their formative years instead of their career as a whole...On the other hand once I had an interview with Glenn Branca which lasted almost 3 hours.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 16, 2017, 03:35:12 PM
That isn't very constructive. It places quite a burden on one fan's shoulders, don't you think?

Quote from: Nostromo on Jun 16, 2017, 04:05:24 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/reviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt
Did you write that?

SM

QuoteTo SiL: ANd this is a reason why this franchise sucks so much now, because of fanboys like yourself who will digest any manure put out there. Good effin luck lol.

Aren't you glad you have someone to aim your impotent fury at?

SiL

Best not to waste time on small people.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 16, 2017, 03:52:33 PM
I, for one, am glad Hicks was asking the questions, and not you, Nostromo. Decorum is important, and Scott doesn't deserve to be grilled on his big day. Hicks did great, and will do even better next time. The tough questions should be reserved for the producers who oversaw the development of the story and the final cut, IMHO. Perhaps the screenwriter of the final draft, too. I get the impression that Scott's hands were tied.

Which is terrible because the Director is the Director, not the screenwriter. The screenwriter writes the film, the Director DIRECTS it. If what you say is true, they basically f**ked up production much greater than I thought. Just wow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed