AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 43,398 times)

BonesawT101

Well done on scoring this guys. Great interviews!

oduodu

Well done. Corporal

This mean promotion I guess.

Its long overdue .

Great interview.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2017, 01:23:29 PM
I really am so proud of you Aaron. I really never thought before Covenant's production, you'd be going down to interview Ridley Scott in person.

Aye, this is what Hicks had to say end of last year after Enoch asked him whether it would be possible to interview Ridley Scott.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2016, 05:50:48 PM
It's an impossibility, Enoch. I can safely say that that is just never going to happen.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2016, 06:07:22 PM
Not even a near, a certain impossibility. I know our limitations and it just wont ever happen. Maybe if I can ever get one of us on set one day, maybe. But it's not something I'll be able to achieve by emailing his company. Scott is just way too massive for that. I doubt he'd even have an hour to spare.  :laugh: Even then I'd just verbally vomit all over myself and look a twat.

So let that be a lesson to y'all, dreams can come true!  ;)

Bio Mech Hunter

Wow. Loved the interviews. Who would've thought you'd hit the big time, Hicks? Fantastic work!

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

I have followed the site for many many years now and i love how its grown over the years! Well done guys in all your hard work and effort....its clearly paid off :-)

I have followed the site for many many years now and i love how its grown over the years! Well done guys in all your hard work and effort....its clearly paid off :-)

DaveT937

Well done Corp, you did us all proud!

I really can't believe Ridley went on social media after Prometheus though. His hubris about it - as was referenced in the recent podcast - is unbelievable.

Keep up the excellent work.

T Dog

T Dog

Well done Hicks! Congrats!

If anything though it shows Ridley should just stop! He cant even answer your first question properly and just goes off on a tangent, its kind of sad.

Wow, watching onwards he actually doesnt answer any of your questions and just gives some smug bullshit. answers. The franchise is f**kED!!!!!

Ingwar

You've done a man's job, Hicks!

I'm genuinely proud of being a member of AvPgalaxy!

Protozoid

Why were Scott and Fassbender doing interviews together? Certainly with the kind of setup they had, splitting them up would be more efficient? Fassbender seemed...uncomfortable? Not quite controlling, but seemed to be keenly interested in Scott's reply to the rewrite question. And he prodded Scott to mention demand for the xeno. Scott even catches himself saying rewrite at one point and corrects himself. Interesting. Strange that Scott said he monitored social media after Prometheus. In the past he's always indicated that he doesn't care what people say about his work and doesn't read any kind of press.

Good job, Corporal, and thank you for asking the Prometheus 2 question.

Ingwar

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 12, 2017, 09:23:34 PM
Strange that Scott said he monitored social media after Prometheus. In the past he's always indicated that he doesn't care what people say about his work and doesn't read any kind of press.

Yeah. It's kinda odd. He either read press or he pretends he doesn't.

Biggles

It doesn't please me to say this, but Fassbender comes across almost as Scott's carer in that interview. Scott is barely coherent at times, and whatever you think of the sci-fi usage of scientifically unsupported Von Danikenesque claims about Nephilim and xenogenesis, I for one don't care for their incorporation into the franchise. For me Alien has always been of the 'one big lie' school of SF/film-making - mankind encounters evidence of intelligent life, and living examples of an associated dangerous lifeform. I was fine with the 'engineers' harnessing or creating the classic Alien, but for me, them also being our creators, contra to all of the paleontological and genetic evidence, was a bridge too far. It's part of why I prefer Covenant to Prometheus, and didn't have (relatively speaking) such a problem with certain plot directions in Covenant; I was just pleased to get away from Scott's delusions about the ancient past.

For anyone that cares (and recognising that in the context of an SF movie, inclusion of this stuff is a personal thing), Jason Colavito has some good analysis of 'Nephilim' claims on his blog, e.g. http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-the-unexplained-files-segment-on-giants-in-the-republic-of-georgia - TL;DR; it's by no means certain that the bones of people with gigantism have been found, and there's certainly no evidence for a species or community of them.

Mr. Clemens

Wonderful job, Corp. Hicks. A dream come true.

And how nice they didn't say, "you're the guy who leaked the Franco thing... GET OUT!!!!"  :D

T Dog

Quote from: Biggles on Jun 12, 2017, 09:51:28 PM
It doesn't please me to say this, but Fassbender comes across almost as Scott's carer in that interview. Scott is barely coherent at times
It really does seem like that!

SiL

Fassbender/Scott was the hardest to edit because Scott's answers were so rambling and irrelevant. And don't get me started on Bircher...

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Jun 12, 2017, 10:52:36 PM
Fassbender/Scott was the hardest to edit because Scott's answers were so rambling and irrelevant. And don't get me started on Bircher...

God doesn't build in straight lines, SiL.

And people saying Scott is incoherent. I didn't really have trouble understanding him, nor Fassbender, to be clear. But trying to paint Scott as rambling nut job? Eccentric, maybe. But he's always been fairly like that. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed