AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2017, 11:46:39 AM

Author
AvP Galaxy Interviews Sir Ridley Scott & The Cast of Alien: Covenant (Read 42,850 times)

Corporal Hicks

In early May, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy had the opportunity to attend the global premiere of Alien: Covenant in Liecester Square, London. The following day we were also invited to attend the press junket and put across some questions to several cast members (including Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston and Billy Crudup) and Sir Ridley Scott!

Ridley Scott talks the meaning of the title Covenant, Danny McBride gives some dubious parenting tips utilizing Aliens and Katherine Waterston talks working with Michael Fassbender and Ridley Scott. Check out the interviews in full down below!

I would just like to thank 20th Century Fox for inviting us to the event and to Alien vs. Predator Galaxy’s very own SiL for editing these videos for us.

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien: Covenant! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

question11

question11

so alex jones was right that ridley scott believes we evolved from a 'humanoid' alien species. scott even brings up the 8 foot skeletons that have been found that have usually been fodder for fundamentalists that believe fallen angels interbred with humanity.

in ridley's case, you substitute fallen angels with 'humanoid' alien species, and you have his true beliefs regarding the origins of man. so prometheus wasn't just a fantasy for him. he really believes we were created by aliens.

gantarat

You look better than me.

XENOMORPHOSIS

It would've been funny the cast were interviewed by a guy in a Predator costume, I'd imagine Ridley would storm off.

whiterabbit

That was a pretty good job Hicks. Although why didn't you tell him to stay off of social media and that most of us wanted more engineers and less alien?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jun 12, 2017, 12:53:40 PM
It would've been funny the cast were interviewed by a guy in a Predator costume, I'd imagine Ridley would storm off.

I made sure not to mention the word Predator.  :laugh: Matt Hatton, one of the artists on Covenant wore a Predator shirt on set one day, but Scott didn't say anything to him about it.  :laugh:

Quote from: gantarat on Jun 12, 2017, 12:19:34 PM
You look better than me.

Well, I am one handsome son-of-a-gun.  :)

Darkness

I really am so proud of you Aaron. I really never thought before Covenant's production, you'd be going down to interview Ridley Scott in person.

Alien³

Fantastic stuff Aaron! Bet this is was a milestone moment for you.

Loved the videos.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 12, 2017, 01:29:26 PM

I think it's a fantastic milestone for AvP Galaxy and for our community. It's amazing that we're recognized enough to be invited to the world premiere and to take part in these events reserved somewhat for "proper" websites. It really makes the effort than we put into this website and this community worth it.

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2017, 01:23:29 PM
I really am so proud of you Aaron. I really never thought before Covenant's production, you'd be going down to interview Ridley Scott in person.

Thanks, D. I can't say I ever imagined any of us would get to do something like this.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying these. I don't think I'm particularly great at interviewing actors so it's good to hear you guys are liking these.

banecat

no man, you did a really good job, you were composed and put the questions across really well

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2017, 01:46:22 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 12, 2017, 01:29:26 PM

I think it's a fantastic milestone for AvP Galaxy and for our community. It's amazing that we're recognized enough to be invited to the world premiere and to take part in these events reserved somewhat for "proper" websites. It really makes the effort than we put into this website and this community worth it.

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2017, 01:23:29 PM

Thanks, D. I can't say I ever imagined any of us would get to do something like this.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying these. I don't think I'm particularly great at interviewing actors so it's good to hear you guys are liking these.

You did fine mate. The fact that you dont do it often didnt hurt. You come off as real and really interested. It's obvious that it means something to you so it probably nice for them to be interviewed by you.

Xenomorphine

Well done, Hicks! I thought this was going to be a red carpet thing, where you'd type up the responses for a report. Very 'fessional!

Quote from: question11 on Jun 12, 2017, 12:01:26 PM
so alex jones was right that ridley scott believes we evolved from a 'humanoid' alien species. scott even brings up the 8 foot skeletons that have been found that have usually been fodder for fundamentalists that believe fallen angels interbred with humanity.

in ridley's case, you substitute fallen angels with 'humanoid' alien species, and you have his true beliefs regarding the origins of man. so prometheus wasn't just a fantasy for him. he really believes we were created by aliens.

It's never been a secret that Scott is interestered by the ET intervenionist theory. 'Chariots Of The Gods' was famously an inspiration for the first film, from what I recall.

Nothing wrong with it, either. On balance, ET visitation is the theory I feel best eplains certain legends from the past, too (especially when you bring giant humanoids into something). Just wish he'd done more with it, because we don't explore much of actual mythological story explanations in this or the previous film. There was a bit more of that in the 'Engineers' script, however.

echobbase79

You did a great job man! I didn't know you were going to be face to face with them. I thought it was going to be a skype type deal. I would've shit my pants in front of Ridley and Michael, but you carried yourself very well. Also, thanks for asking my question.  :)

FenGiddel

NICELY DONE, AvPGalaxy!    What an accomplishment, but it should be no surprise, really, given you guys' hard work to keep AvPG on the "high road" of fan news sites. Keep up the good work! and remember seeing these famous faces when the demands of this website/forum seem to grind you down.  Cheers! from The Nostromo Files!

LastSurvivor92

Thanks so much for the interviews Hicks! Takes some balls to do that! I very much appreciate and was impressed with how well you kept your composure throughout each one of the interviews. You didn't get all giddy and awkward like some other reports do. I think even Katherine Waterston got surprised with how composed you were after you said, "There was a scene I wasn't quite expecting..." And than she laughs and says "Just one?" Lol. That made me laugh too.  :)  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed