All The Money In The World.

Started by Ingwar, Jun 09, 2017, 03:13:49 PM

Author
All The Money In The World. (Read 23,504 times)

Gazz

Gazz

:laugh: Do you speak solely in hyperbole?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 11, 2017, 11:36:15 PM
"Getty sees himself as this grand figure," Pemberton explains. "We have medieval voices, which refer back to his belief that he was descended from [Roman emperor] Hadrian; and the more grand operatic music, which was a slight reflection of Rome [where much of the film was shot] but also Getty's own vision of self-identity."

Yeah, I got that vibe from seeing all those Roman style busts of Getty. And he certainly built himself an empire!

I think I recall someone mentioning somewhere that the soundtrack will be released this week?

Ah, it's coming out today:

https://twitter.com/FilmMusicSite/status/938522270343094273

Ingwar

Ingwar

Ingwar

Ingwar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flQhF8HOJpA

Quote"I waited for Mr Spacey to call me up, I expected him to call me up and say what he wanted to say, but I got nothing, not even from his representatives, which left me free to 'just move forward, dude'," Scott said.
"So, I got on the phone to the cast. I said, 'Will you come back [and reshoot]?' They said, 'Absolutely.' I said, 'For how much?' They said, 'For free.' Everyone came back for nothing. That indicates how strong the feeling was. And by the way, there was no persuasion on my part whatsoever."

But Scott's solution would come at a hefty price. The reshoot (which meant revisiting locations in the UK and Italy) cost a reported US$10 million (a quarter of the film's total budget). Tom Rothman, chairman of Sony Pictures, wasn't convinced Scott could pull off switching lead actors and reshooting key scenes of an entire film weeks out from its original December release.

"When Ridley came to me, I said to him, 'In all honesty, it's a brilliant idea but it can't be done.' But Ridley said, 'I can do it.'" Rothman shook his head. "Maybe three or four filmmakers in the world could do it, but I think only one of them would have the balls to try," he smiled. "And he did."

In hindsight, does Scott regret succumbing to the studio's demands of casting Spacey? "There were no regrets about casting until I finished the film and got this information," he laughed. "In all honesty, I always seesawed between Chris Plummer and Kevin Spacey, but part of my job is what I call 'putting bums in seats.' And at that particular point, Kevin Spacey was inordinately well known for his role in five seasons of House of Cards. He was a valuable asset."

It was back to the drawing board for the esteemed director. "Of course I was annoyed that I had to do it all again, but I was also afraid [if I hadn't] that it would affect all the great work in the film. So I had to do it," Scott said and shrugged. "Once I let annoyance get in my way, I switch it off and get on with it. So, I knew I was going down the road to reshoot. It was a priority to me that I keep the release of the film in place."

When approached to fill the role, Plummer told Scott: "I said, 'God, I don't even have to read the script. I'd love to come and do something with you.' I'd always wanted to work with Ridley. I read the script overnight."
Four days later, Plummer was on set spouting lines from his dialogue-heavy role. "I think the pressure helped," he said. "It seemed so impossible to do it in such a short period of time, so there was no point in being nervous. The one thing I worried about was that it was one monologue after another."
As for replacing the disgraced actor, Plummer said firmly: "I really don't want to get into it."

What about the large age disparity between Spacey, 58, and Plummer, 87? Scott explained: "When Kevin did the role he needed a lot of prosthetics and make-up because he needed to be older. At Chris's age, we didn't need any make-up."

Mark Wahlberg's role as Getty's adviser consisted of many scenes with Spacey, which, of course, needed to be redone with Plummer. He said: "When I found out about it I wasn't angry, I was really saddened. Sad all-round. Ridley came to my hotel room to tell me what he was planning."
Wahlberg smiled: "It's always good to get a second crack at some scenes in a movie.
"It was amazing to see how quickly Ridley was able to turn it around. A lot of people worked hard on the movie, and for one person's actions to disrupt everything was very unfair."
He added: "I haven't seen or heard from him (Spacey) since. We've known each other in passing but it was the first time we've worked together."

Unlike Wahlberg, Michelle Williams, who plays Getty III's mother Gail, is a little less reserved when it came to her feelings. "When they asked me to reshoot, I said: 'Absolutely I will do it and if you need the salary back, I will give it to you."

The subject clearly elicits some heartfelt emotion. "I am angry for the people that he hurt; I am angry on their behalf. A movie is less important than a human life, so they are who my heart goes out to because the tyranny of abuse is that it's always about [the perpetrators].
"So I know those people are still dealing with what happened to them. And here we are all now still talking about him!" she said. "And so my anger [comes from this abusive experience with Spacey] that upstaged their lives, and [from the thought] that they are still having to deal with it."
Composing herself, Williams continued: "As far as the news, it was shocking." Now that Hollywood is experiencing a watershed moment which will hopefully change the culture forever, she said: "The last couple of months have felt like this structure all around us is crumbling. It needed to crumble. But sometimes a brick hits you on the head and you are like, 'Ow. That hurt,' but I am glad that the thing is falling down."

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/upcoming-movies/ridley-scott-was-furious-at-kevin-spacey-after-allegations-of-sexual-harassment/news-story/b0e87e88f8312a4fc89a967f601e2990

Ingwar

Ingwar

Scorpio

Scorpio

Ridley is looking good for 80 I have to say.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah, he does.

Quote"I think I was born competitive," Scott explained on Friday afternoon in Los Angeles, following a screening of the miraculously-completed thriller. "I always think, as a film director, if the roof is falling in, 'Well let's prop it up or move.' I never ponder about anything, so when I heard the bad news, I immediately thought, 'I want to recast this. I can't sit and wait.'"

"It was a bit of coordination, with a lot of panic thrown in," Scott said of the reshooting process. Explaining why he was motivated to undergo the stressful, under-the-gun replacement for his Christmas release, the filmmaker said, "I've gotta say, this is an awfully good movie. I know it is. So [I wanted] to push this as hard as I can, because I've got to make hay on Christmas Day to actually get some kind of recognition about this. Referring to the Spacey news, the filmmaker said, "The fact that this came in, I didn't go, 'Yippee' but I did go into battle mode. That's how I direct. I go into battle mode."

"When I worked with Kevin, we got along quite well," Scott said of his original star, who underwent an elaborate aging makeup transformation. "His performance was colder. With Chris, he's got this inordinately handsome, ageless face. His smile is charming, and he has a glitter in his eye—so, somehow, with the same words [in the script] he is more lethal. That's how it came down."

Asked whether footage of Spacey's performance would ever be released, Scott said, "I think at some point or another. . .but not for awhile."

"I never got one call," said Scott. "I didn't expect it from him but I expected it from somebody at the agency, to say, 'Gee, that's the way it goes, I'm sorry.' It would have made my task a little easier."

Scott referred to All the Money in the World's speedy turnaround as "the most desperately difficult thing I've ever done in my life."

Asked whether he got a kick out of the adrenaline rush as well, he smiled: "Of course. Dude, if you don't enjoy stress, don't do the job. I thrive on stress."

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/all-the-money-in-the-world-kevin-spacey-christopher-plummer-ridley-scott

Ingwar

Ingwar

Learn how to box at age of 80? What can I say :)

Money's running time is 132 minutes.

Anthony

Anthony

It'll be interesting to see how the release date moving to Christmas Day will help the box office for the film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 16, 2017, 07:39:42 PM
Learn how to box at age of 80? What can I say :)

Money's running time is 132 minutes.

Maybe he can fight Stallone in a Creed sequel. :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The review and social media embargo ends Tuesday, 19 December. But it's probably safe to assume it's a decent film considering those Golden Globe nominations.

Apparently there's still bits of Spacey left in the film but obviously no facial shots:

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/941841927934066688

kwisatz

kwisatz

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

You tryin to get some of dis hot fiyah?

kwisatz

kwisatz

I guess its too hot a topic to continue--  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed